Welkom bij Jobs4tourism, de Belgische jobsite exclusief voorbehouden voor publicatie van vacatures in de toeristische en reissector.
Ons doel is werkzoekenden en werkgevers een waardevolle bron van contacten te bieden om zowel de carrièreontwikkeling als het aanwervingsproces te vergemakkelijken.
OP ZOEK NAAR EEN JOB?
We zijn hier om u te helpen.
- Het kosteloos online plaatsen van uw cv
- De vertrouwelijkheid van uw registratie, indien noodzakelijk
- Het opzoeken van uw profiel door werkgevers, indien gewenst
- Onze lijst van vacatures en stages op basis van uw criteria
- Informatie over opleidingen in de sector
- Wij houden u op de hoogte van nieuwe publicaties
Op zoek naar personeel?
Onze kandidaten zijn klaar voor u.
- Het plaatsen van vacatures en stages in de toeristische sector
- Her versturen van uw publicaties naar onze kandidaten
- Een gerichte doelgroep
- Onbeperkte toegang tot onze database van prolielen
- De verspreiding van uw jobs via andere media & newsbrieven
- Al 22 jaar tot uw dienst
Op zoek naar een opleiding ?
Het begint allemaal hier .
Ben je op zoek naar een gespecialiseerde opleiding binnen de reis- of hotelsector? Jobs4tourism werkt samen met een selectie van scholen en opleidingscentra waar je zeker terecht kan.
Interesse in een samenwerking? Aarzel niet om ons te contacteren.
Pagtour, het online dagblad voor de reis- en toerismesector
Blijf op de hoogte
Connecting Travel and Tourism Professionals all around the World
Belgium Travel Expo (BTExpo) is the Belgian Trade Show for Tourism and MICE professionals in November 2023
Info & programma
You’ve accepted all cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.
beta Complete an independent survey to give us feedback about our website.
- Explore Careers
Travel and tourism
There is a problem, airline customer service agent, airline passenger service agent, air travel assistant.
Airline customer service agents make sure passengers and their luggage safely board the right aircraft at the right time.
Aircraft pilot, co-pilot, first officer, captain.
Airline pilots fly passengers and cargo to destinations around the world.
Airport information assistant
Airport information assistants help passengers in airports.
Flight attendant, air steward, air stewardess
Air cabin crew help make sure that airline passengers have a comfortable, safe and pleasant flight.
Cruise ship steward
Cruise ship stewards clean and service cabins on board cruise ships.
Divers work underwater at sea, or in rivers, lakes, canals and reservoirs.
Historic buildings officer, listings officer.
Heritage officers support teams to take care of buildings, monuments and places valued for their cultural and historical importance.
Guest house manager, hotel general manager.
Hotel managers are in charge of the day-to-day running of a hotel.
Hotel porters welcome guests, carry their luggage and answer their questions.
Hotel room attendant
Hotel room attendants make sure that hotel rooms are clean, tidy and inviting for guests.
Hotel housekeeper, housekeeping manager, head housekeeper.
Housekeepers organise hotel staff to make sure that all the rooms are kept clean and tidy.
Interpreters change spoken words from one language into another, either face-to-face or remotely.
Visitor experience assistant, museum assistant.
Museum attendants take care of customers and security in museums and galleries.
Stevedore, port worker, passenger operations worker.
Port operatives work with cargo, passengers and marine craft in ports and harbours.
Holiday rep, customer services rep, overseas rep.
Resort representatives look after holidaymakers during their stay.
Sailing instructors teach people to sail yachts and boats.
Travel manager, tour supervisor.
Tour managers manage the travel arrangements of holidaymakers and business clients to make sure their trips run smoothly.
Tour guide, blue badge guide.
Tourist guides show visitors around places of interest like cities, historic buildings and art galleries.
Tourist information centre assistant
Tourist information centre assistants give information to visitors about transport, tourist attractions and local services and activities.
Travel agency manager
Travel agency managers are responsible for the day-to-day running of travel agencies, meeting sales targets and promoting travel products.
Travel agents book business and leisure travel for customers.
Visitor attraction general manager
Visitor attraction general managers look after the operation and finances of an attraction, and the health and safety of staff and visitors.
Rate your experience
How satisfied are you with the website?
- Log in
- Site search
Travel and tourism
Travel and tourism is a global industry, providing a range of opportunities to graduates, both in the UK and abroad
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Air cabin crew
- Holiday representative
- Hotel manager
- Tour manager
- Tourism officer
- Tourist information centre manager
- Travel agency manager
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Conference centre manager
- Customer service manager
- Event manager
- Marketing executive
- Passenger transport manager
- Sales executive
- Outdoor activities/education manager
Remember that many employers accept applications from graduates with any degree subject, so don't restrict your thinking to the jobs listed here.
It's relatively easy to find paid part-time work opportunities in the travel and tourism industry, since it's so large and there are so many types of visitor establishments and attractions all over the UK. The range of working patterns available should make it easy to combine part-time work with your current study.
Depending on the area in which you wish to work, getting experience in customer care, dealing with large groups, sales and travelling can be useful. Generally having experience in any public-facing role will be helpful.
Many courses have the option of taking a placement year in industry. This provides the opportunity to put your academic work into practice and to build up a network of contacts. You could also consider summer work experience or spending time working abroad . This could include working at holiday or theme parks, in a resort or at summer camps.
You may be able to take part in an exchange programme, spending some time studying abroad towards your degree. Consider looking at relevant short courses, such as TESOL or TEFL, which may present opportunities to work abroad teaching English language skills.
Search for placements and find out more about work experience and internships .
You have a variety of choices when deciding where to work within the travel and tourism industry as it covers services such as:
- retail travel
- currency exchange
- tour operators
- tourist boards
passenger transport including:
visitor attractions such as:
- theme parks
- heritage sites
and accommodations services including:
- holiday parks.
Associated with hotels and core business operations are conferences and events, which provide considerable all-year-round employment opportunities.
Find information on employers in hospitality and events management , leisure, sport and tourism , business, consulting and management and other job sectors .
Skills for your CV
Travel and tourism graduates gain knowledge about products, structures and operations within the tourism industry, learning about tour operators, airlines, hotels and tourist boards.
Through a combination of vocational and academic study you learn about the relationships between consumers and the providers of tourism services, and about the issues relating to sustainability and social responsibility within tourism.
The course also equips you with a range of transferable skills, including:
- problem solving
- communication skills, with a strong customer focus
- the ability to research
- presentation skills
- the ability to work to deadlines.
Specific in-house training is likely to be available within the industry and is often encouraged to enhance promotion prospects and knowledge of particular issues. Depending on your area of work, there may be industry-specific professional qualifications to work towards.
Relevant postgraduate study in this field includes courses with an emphasis on management skills, particularly in areas such as international tourism, hospitality, heritage and sustainability. Postgraduate courses in specialist areas such as ecotourism or rural development may also be helpful.
General business topics such as marketing or human resources could be relevant and can be applied across various disciplines.
For more information on further study and to find a course that interests you, see Masters degrees and search for postgraduate courses in tourism, hospitality and event management .
What do travel and tourism graduates do?
Six of the top ten jobs held by travel and tourism graduates employed in the UK include sales, marketing and related associate professionals, managers and proprietors in hospitality and leisure services, HR, training and other vocational associate guidance professionals, secretarial and related occupations, admin and business associate professionals.
Find out what other graduates are doing after finishing their degrees in What do graduates do?
Graduate destinations data from the Higher Education Statistics Agency.
How would you rate this page?
On a scale where 1 is dislike and 5 is like
- Dislike 1 unhappy-very
- Like 5 happy-very
Thank you for rating the page
Job offers with languages in Europe
27 job offers found
explore Lisbon , Lisbon
explore Remote , Remote
explore Budapest , Budapest
explore Barcelona , Barcelona
explore Athens , Athens
explore Malaga , Malaga
explore Porto , Porto
explore St Julian's , St Julian's
Portuguese Tourism Advisor - Majorel Lisbon open_in_new
explore Lisbon , Portugal
Jumpstart your career with Majorel Portugal!
Majorel is a leading customer experience multinational with over 82,000 professionals in 45 countries all over the globe, our #OneTeam designs and delivers flexible solutions in 60 different languages that make a difference to the customers of many of the world's most respected brands.
Creativity, excellence, and respect are the values that guide our work.
* Maintaining a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times. * Responding promptly to customer inquiries. * Communicating with customers through various channels. * Acknowledging and resolving customer complaints. * Knowing our products inside and out so that you can answer questions. * Processing orders, forms, applications, and requests. * Keeping records of customer interactions, transactions, comments, and complaints. * Communicating and coordinating with colleagues as necessary. * Providing feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process. * Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
Candidates must live in the Lisbon Metropolitan area.
You will bring to us:
* Native or Proficient Portuguese and fluent English (minimum level C1) * Excellent communication skills, empathy, and team spirit * Previous experience in Customer Service is a plus * Attention to detail - understand that it is the small details that can make the biggest difference. * Prove you can work and make decisions with minimal supervision * Feel passionate about customer experience
* Hybrid working model * Competitive salary and benefits conditions. * Career development plan with internal opportunities. * Employee recognition based on seniority. * Wellbeing programs and benefits as an Employee Assistance Program with psychological, legal, financial/fiscal, and psychosocial support and a Sports Club with several sports types with outdoor, indoor, and online classes. * Partnerships/discounts. * Engagement initiatives year-round events and fun competitions. * Excellent reputation as responsible employer. * Modern work environment at an attractive location in Lisbon center with excellent public transport connections. * An international environment engaging people from different nationalities and cultures.
Jumpstart your career with Majorel Portugal! Majorel is a leading customer experience multinational with over 82,000 professionals in 45 countries all over the globe, our #OneTeam designs and delivers flexible solutions in 60 different languages that make a difference to the customers of many of the world's most respected brands. Creativity, excellence, and respect are the values that guide our work.
ARE YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE?
Already have an account?
Forgot your password?
Are you new here?
Upload your cv
link Match with jobs
Apply in 1 click