The Malaysia Visa Invitation Letter in 2023
This comprehensive guide sheds light on the significance, format, and requisites of a Malaysia visa invitation letter in 2023.
Purpose of the Visa Invitation Letter
A visa invitation letter serves as a formal request made to the Malaysian immigration authorities to allow the person you’re inviting to enter Malaysia for a specified period.
It offers an explanation about the purpose of the visit, thereby giving context to the visa application.
The letter acts as supporting documentation and can be pivotal in instances where the purpose of the visit needs to be clarified.
Who Needs a Visa Invitation Letter?
While not always mandatory, the following categories of visitors may benefit from having a visa invitation letter:
- Business visitors : Those attending conferences, seminars, workshops, or business meetings.
- Tourists : Especially those traveling on special invitations or for specific events.
- Students : Particularly those who have been accepted into Malaysian educational institutions and need to show the nature of their invitation.
- Visitors for medical purposes : Those seeking specialized treatments in Malaysian hospitals.
- Family members : Individuals visiting their family in Malaysia.
Key Components of the Visa Invitation Letter
While there’s no strict template for the invitation letter, the following components are essential:
- Letterhead : If it’s a company inviting someone for business purposes, use the company’s official letterhead.
- Date : The day when the letter is written.
- Recipient’s details : Full name, passport number, date of birth, and address of the invitee.
- Purpose of the visit : Clearly state the reason for the visit – be it business, family reunion, tourism, or any other.
- Duration of stay : Mention the expected arrival and departure dates.
- Relationship to the invitee : Describe your relationship with the person you’re inviting.
- Accommodation and financial details : Specify who will cover the expenses during the stay.
- Host’s details : Your name, address in Malaysia, contact number, and a copy of a valid ID or passport.
- Signature : Ensure the letter is duly signed.
What Is The Recommended Language and Tone?
The letter should be written in a formal and polite tone. Even though English is widely accepted, it’s advisable to provide a Malay translation, especially if the letter is addressed to a local government office or agency in Malaysia.
What Is The Submission Process?
In 2023, the visa application process for Malaysia has been largely streamlined with the introduction of online portals. The person you’re inviting must submit the invitation letter alongside other necessary documents either electronically or at the nearest Malaysian embassy or consulate, depending on the visa type.
Ensure that the invitation letter is in high resolution if scanned. If there are any additional supporting documents (like a sponsor’s financial statements or proof of relationship), these should be attached as well.
What Are The Potential Legal Implications Of An Invitation Letter?
By inviting someone, you’re taking on a responsibility.
If the visitor overstays or violates any Malaysian laws, you, as the inviter, might face questioning or legal implications.
Always ensure that the purpose mentioned in the letter aligns with the activities undertaken during the visit.
Electronic vs. Physical Letters in 2023
In today’s digitized era, both electronic and physical formats have found their place in official and personal correspondence. This holds true for Malaysia’s visa invitation letters in 2023. However, each method comes with its own set of advantages and drawbacks. Let’s break them down:
Pros of Electronic Letters:
- Speedy Delivery: An electronic letter can be sent and received within seconds, ensuring prompt communication and rapid response if any further clarification or documents are needed.
- Environmental Friendly: E-letters eliminate the need for paper, thereby reducing our carbon footprint and promoting a more sustainable method of communication.
- Convenience: Digital copies can be easily stored, retrieved, and forwarded. Moreover, with the ubiquity of smartphones and computers, accessing and reading electronic letters has never been easier.
- Cost-Effective: Sending an electronic letter avoids postage fees, courier charges, or any other incidental costs associated with physical mail.
Cons of Electronic Letters:
- Technical Challenges: Not everyone is tech-savvy. The recipient might face difficulties accessing or viewing the letter, especially if it’s in a specific format that requires particular software.
- Perception: Some authorities might still perceive physical letters as more “official” or “authentic” than their electronic counterparts.
- Security Concerns: Electronic communication is vulnerable to hacking, phishing, or other cyber threats.
Pros of Physical Letters:
- Tangibility: A hard copy can be felt, stored, and presented physically, sometimes creating a more profound impression.
- Authenticity: Physical letters can be equipped with official seals, watermarks, and original signatures, which might lend them an added layer of authenticity in the eyes of certain officials.
- No Tech Needed: Receiving and reading a physical letter doesn’t require any electronic device or specific software.
Cons of Physical Letters:
- Delivery Delays: Sending a physical letter, especially internationally, can take several days, if not weeks. This could cause delays in the visa application process.
- Risk of Loss: Physical letters can get lost, damaged, or misdelivered.
- Cost: Postage or courier charges for international mail can be substantial.
Preferred Method in 2023: Given the increasing tilt towards digitization and the ease and speed associated with it, electronic letters have become the preferred method in 2023 for most visa-related communications.
7 Common Mistakes to Avoid
Drafting an invitation letter for a Malaysian visa requires precision and clarity. Here are some common mistakes people often make and tips on avoiding them:
- Vague Details: Always specify the purpose of the visit clearly, whether it’s for tourism, business, family visit, etc.
- Tip: Provide a detailed itinerary or plan for the visit.
- Incorrect Personal Information: Typos or errors in names, passport numbers, addresses, or dates can lead to confusion or suspicion.
- Tip: Double-check all personal details against official documents.
- Missing Attachments: Sometimes, individuals mention attachments in the letter but forget to include them.
- Tip: Always cross-check the contents of your mail/package to ensure all referenced documents are enclosed.
- Over Promising: Avoid making commitments you can’t keep, like bearing all costs without providing proof of your financial capacity.
- Tip: Be realistic in your offers of support and always back up your commitments with evidence.
- Using Informal Language: While the letter is a personal invitation, remember it’s for an official purpose. Avoid using overly casual language or jargon.
- Tip: Keep the tone formal and respectful. Consider having someone else proofread for clarity and appropriateness.
- Leaving Out Dates: Omitting the duration of the visit or the specific dates can be a critical oversight.
- Tip: Clearly mention the start and end date of the proposed visit.
- Ignoring Visa Requirements: Sometimes, specific visa categories might require certain information or documentation to be included in the invitation letter.
- Tip: Familiarize yourself with the visa category the invitee is applying for and tailor your letter accordingly.
I am not a Malaysian citizen but a long-term resident. Can I still send an invitation letter for a Malaysian visa?
While being a Malaysian citizen provides a straightforward route for sending a visa invitation letter, long-term residents can also send one. If you are a long-term resident in Malaysia with a valid visa or permit, you have the right to invite friends, family, or business partners to visit the country.
However, there are specific nuances you need to be aware of:
- Proof of Status: Along with your invitation letter, you may need to attach a copy of your residency visa or any other permit that showcases your long-term resident status in Malaysia.
- Duration of Stay: Ensure that the duration of the visitor’s stay does not exceed your own visa’s validity.
- Additional Requirements: Some visa application types might require extra documentation or guarantees from long-term residents than from citizens. It’s advisable to check with the Malaysian Immigration Department or the respective embassy for detailed guidelines.
How long before the intended travel date should I send the visa invitation letter?
For a Malaysian visa, it’s advisable to send the invitation letter well in advance. Typically, sending the letter 2-3 months before the intended travel date is recommended.
This window allows enough time for the visa processing, taking into consideration any possible delays or additional requirements that might come up.
Do I need to get the invitation letter notarized or attested?
For most visa categories, a standard invitation letter, signed and dated, is sufficient.
However, getting your letter notarized can lend additional authenticity and credibility, especially if the invited person is not a close family member or if they are coming for business-related purposes.
In specific scenarios, especially when large sums of money are involved or when the inviter is taking financial responsibility for the visit, the Malaysian consulate or embassy might request additional proofs or attestations. In such cases, a notarized letter can be beneficial.
Sample Letters for Malaysia Visa Invitation in 2023
Understanding how to construct a proper invitation letter can be pivotal for ensuring your guest’s visa application process goes smoothly. Here are sample invitation letters catering to different purposes: tourism, business, and family visits.
Malaysia Tourism Invitation Letter Sample
Subject: Invitation Letter for Tourism Visit to Malaysia
Dear [Applicant’s Full Name],
I am writing to confirm my invitation for you to visit me in Malaysia for [specific number of days/weeks]. I am eagerly looking forward to showing you the beautiful landscapes, cultural sites, and local attractions of Malaysia, from the stunning Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur to the serene beaches of Langkawi.
You will be staying at my residence located at [Your Address] from [Start Date] to [End Date].
Enclosed with this letter are copies of my identification, proof of residence, and recent utility bills to validate my status in Malaysia.
Please do not hesitate to present this letter to the Malaysian Consulate/Embassy as part of your visa application.
I earnestly hope for a positive consideration of your visa application, and I am eagerly awaiting our adventures together.
Malaysia Business Invitation Letter Sample
I am writing on behalf of [Your Company’s Name] to formally invite you to Malaysia for our [specific event/meeting] taking place on [specific dates]. Given your expertise and our past collaborations, your presence would greatly enhance the value and outcomes of our discussions.
The event will be held at [Venue Address] from [Start Date] to [End Date].
Enclosed with this letter are our company registration documents and the event’s itinerary for your reference.
Kindly present this letter as part of your visa application at the Malaysian Consulate/Embassy.
We are keenly looking forward to your participation and hope for a prompt and favorable response.
Malaysia Family Visit Invitation Letter Sample
Subject: Family Visit Invitation Letter
I hope this letter finds you in the best of spirits. I am delighted to invite you to visit our family in Malaysia this [specific month or season]. It has been too long since our last reunion, and the entire family is looking forward to spending quality time with you.
You will be accommodated at our home at [Your Address], and we have planned various family outings and gatherings during your stay from [Start Date] to [End Date].
For the convenience of your visa application process, I am attaching copies of my identification, residence proof, and other relevant documents.
Please present this invitation letter to the Malaysian Consulate/Embassy as a supporting document for your visa application.
Our family is eagerly awaiting your arrival, and we hope for a favorable response from the visa authorities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can i send a visa invitation letter in any language.
While English is widely accepted for visa processes, it’s advisable to send the invitation letter in English to avoid any misunderstandings or misinterpretations. If written in another language, consider attaching an official English translation.
If the visa application gets rejected, would a revised invitation letter help in re-application?
It depends on the reason for rejection. If the rejection was due to issues with the invitation letter, revising and rectifying it might help. However, it’s essential to understand the cause of rejection before re-applying.
Can a company or organization send a visa invitation letter, or does it have to be an individual?
Both companies and individuals can send a visa invitation letter. For business visits, seminars, or conferences, companies often send out official invitation letters.
What happens if there's a mistake in my visa invitation letter?
A mistake can lead to delays or potential rejection of the visa application. If you realize there’s an error, it’s advisable to send a corrected letter immediately and inform the applicant.
Is there a limit to how many visitors I can invite to Malaysia with a visa invitation letter?
There’s no official limit, but each visitor would need a separate invitation letter. Ensure you can fulfill any commitments you make in each letter, especially if mentioning financial support.
Can I extend an invitation for a multiple-entry visa?
While you can mention the request for a multiple-entry visa in the invitation letter, the final decision rests with the visa authorities based on their criteria.
If the invited person overstays in Malaysia, will it affect my ability to invite others in the future?
Overstaying can have legal implications for the visitor. As a sponsor, if it’s proven that you abetted the overstay or provided misleading information, it might impact your ability to sponsor more visitors in the future.
In the evolving landscape of international travel and relations, the Malaysia visa invitation letter remains a pivotal document in 2023. By understanding its significance and ensuring its proper formulation, you can pave a smooth path for your invitee’s journey to the heart of Southeast Asia.
Nepal visa photo size & requirements in 2023.
Taiwan Visa Photo Size and Requirements in 2023
Sri Lanka Transit Visa for Indians in 2023
Indian tourist visa from usa in 2023, leave a reply cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
404 Not found
Visa and Immigration Info
Visa Information, Visa Requirements, Visa Application Guidelines, Immigration Rules and Inquiry
- Latest Updates
- Europe (Schengen)
- Asia (China/Malaysia/etc)
- U.A.E. (Dubai/Abu Dhabi)
- Address of Embassies / Visa Application Centres / Liaison Offices
Invitation Letter for Malaysia Visa
- Complete full name of the person going to Malaysia
- Date of birth of the person visiting Malaysia
- The person’s address and telephone number
- Your relationship to the person invited to Malaysia
- The reason for the visit to Malaysia
- How long the person you are inviting intends to remain in Malaysia
- Information on accommodation and living costs in Malaysia
- The date the individual you are inviting plans to depart Malaysia
- Complete name of the person in Malaysia
- Date of birth of the person in Malaysia
- Home address and phone number in Malaysia
- Profession of the person in Malaysia
- Whether you are national of Malaysia or Long-term Resident
- A photocopy of a document indicating individual’s residential status in Malaysia. (eg: copy of a birth certificate if the individual born in Malaysia or has Malaysian citizenship card.)
- For anybody who is Permanent Resident in Malaysia, a proof of permanent resident status need to be sent.
- Details about your family unit, including names and dates of birth of your spouse and dependants in addition to the total number of people currently in your residence,
- Information on those you have recently sponsored and whose sponsorship is still in effect,
- A written and signed commitment of your monetary support for your parents or grandparents for the entire duration of their stay in Malaysia,
- Proof of earnings at a level meeting or going above the low-income for the total number of people, including the visiting parents or grandparents, must be included.
from where to apply for this invitation documents?
404 Not found
JABATAN IMIGRESEN MALAYSIA
Immigration department of malaysia.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
eNTRI China Terms And Conditions
- Visa waiver program is eligible for: 1) PRC Nationals tourist residing in Mainland China except Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan
- This visa waiver program is effective for one year from 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017
- PRC Nationals who are interested to utilise the Visa Waiver Program must register themselves with the Electronic Travel Registration & Information (eNTRI) System either personally or through a travel agency;
- An eNTRI Note is only valid for a single journey to Malaysia for the purpose of tourism for the maximum of 15 days each entry without any extension of the period.
- All eNTRI registrations are considered on individual merit. Applicant should ensure that they hold a valid Malaysia eNTRI Note before they travel to the Malaysia.
- Applicant is required to pay all the processing fees to the VisaMalaysia for the registration. All fees paid are non-refundable.
- Applicant must make their eNTRI registration at an appropriate time before travelling to Malaysia.
- Applicants must ensure that all information furnished for the eNTRI registration is true and accurate. Any dispute in the information provided may result in denial of entry to Malaysia
- Prior travelling to Malaysia, applicant must ensure they have obtain a confirmed tickets coming in and leaving Malaysia ;
- Applicant must travel to Malaysia within 3 months after they successfully obtain an eNTRI Note;
- Applicants travelling into Malaysia is permitted to enter Malaysia via the following Malaysia Entry Exit points listed below: By Air
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport , Sepang (KLIA & KLIA 2)
- Penang International Airport, Pulau Pinang
- Langkawi International Airport, Kedah
- Melaka International Airport, Melaka
- Senai International Airport, Johor
- Kuching International Airport, Sarawak
- Miri International Airport, Sarawak
- Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Sabah
- Labuan International Airport, Sabah
- Sultan Iskandar Building Immigration Checkpoint, Johor
- Sultan Abu Bakar Checkpoint, Johor
- Padang Besar Checkpoint, Perlis
- Bukit Kayu Hitam Checkpoint, Kedah
- Sungai Tujuh Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
- Tedungan Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
- Upon arrival in Malaysia, applicant must furnish the following proofs to the Immigration Officers at the Malaysia Entry/Exit points: 1) eNTRI Note 2) Boarding Pass 3) Confirmed Tickets coming in and leaving Malaysia 4) Sufficient expenses (Cash/Credit Cards/ATM Cards) 5)Complete travel Itinerary 6) Proof of residence in Malaysia
- Applicant are not allowed to accept any unauthorised employment, or attend school, or represent the foreign information media during their stay in Malaysia
- Applicant are not allowed to apply any other passes issued under the Immigration Regulations 1963 [L.N 228/1963];
- An eNTRI Note does not in any way guarantee the applicant the right to enter Malaysia. The entry is at the sole discretion of the Malaysia Immigration Officer at the entry point. In case of denial entry into Malaysia by the Immigration Officer, VisaMalaysia shall in no way be liable to the applicant in any manner whatsoever.
- Applicant will be subject to undergo a three (3) month cooling off period before they can re-enter Malaysia using this Visa Waiver Program;
- Applicants acknowledge and agree that under no circumstances will the VisaMalaysia be liable to them or anyone claiming through them for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential losses or damages of whatever nature, or for loss or profits, loss of opportunity, loss of business or goodwill or interruption of business, whether arising out of or in connection with their registration and/or any of the eNTRI registration services, and whether or not relating to any act, error, omission or negligence by the VisaMalaysia or any officer, agent, employee and representative of the VisaMalaysia.
- Applicant who breaches the Malaysian law, will be subject to criminal proceedings and administrative actions by the Government of Malaysia.
Additional eNTRI Registration Terms for PRC Nationals Tourist residing in China Mainland (excluding Macau, Hong Kong and Taiwan)
- Applicant must enter Malaysia by a direct flight from China Mainland to Malaysia or may enter Malaysia via Singapore, Thailand and Brunei
- Applicant also must have a return direct flight ticket to China Mainland, or transit via Singapore, Thailand or Brunei
- The Government of Malaysia, in its sole discretion, may change, amend, cancel or withdraw any or all of the terms and conditions mentioned herein at any time without any prior notice. If an applicant is dissatisfied with the changes being made, the applicant's sole and exclusive remedy is to refuse the services provided.
- Applicants hereby agrees to accept and confirm that the applicant, prior to submitting the visa application, has read, understood and agreed to be bound by, without limitation or qualification, all of the terms, conditions and details provided herein.
eNTRI India Terms And Conditions
- Visa Waiver Program is eligible for: 1) Indian nationals tourist residing in India 2) Indian nationals Expatriate residing abroad (India) except in Singapore
- This Visa Waiver Program is effective for one year from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018.
- Indian Nationals who are interested to utilise the Visa Waiver Program must register themselves with the Electronic Travel Registration & Information (eNTRI) System either personally or through a travel agency.
- An eNTRI Note is only valid for a single journey to Malaysia for the purpose of tourism for the maximum of 15 (fifteen) days each entry without any extension of the period.
- Applicants must ensure that all information furnished for the eNTRI registration is true and accurate. Any dispute in the information provided may result in denial of entry to Malaysia.
- Prior travelling to Malaysia, applicant must ensure they have obtain a confirmed tickets coming in and leaving Malaysia.
- Applicant must travel to Malaysia within 3 (three) months after they successfully obtain an eNTRI Note.
- Applicants with direct flight from India or country applied eNTRI; or transit via Singapore,Thailand or Brunei by air or land is permitted to enter Malaysia via the following Entry/Exit points : By air Kuala Lumpur International Airport , Sepang (KLIA & KLIA 2) Penang International Airport, Pulau Pinang Langkawi International Airport, Kedah Melaka International Airport, Melaka Senai International Airport, Johor Kuching International Airport, Sarawak Miri International Airport, Sarawak Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Sabah Labuan International Airport, Sabah By land Sultan Iskandar Building Immigration Checkpoint, Johor Sultan Abu Bakar Checkpoint, Johor Padang Besar Checkpoint, Perlis Bukit Kayu Hitam Checkpoint, Kedah Sungai Tujuh Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak Tedungan Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
- Applicant also must have a return flight ticket to India, Singapore, Thailand or Brunei.
- Upon arrival in Malaysia, applicant must furnish the following proofs to the Immigration Officers at the Malaysia Entry/Exit points: 1) eNTRI Note 2) Boarding Pass 3) Confirmed Tickets coming in and leaving Malaysia 4) Sufficient expenses (Cash/Credit Cards/ATM Cards) 5) Complete travel Itinerary 6) Proof of residence in Malaysia
- Applicant are not allowed to accept any unauthorised employment, or attend school, or represent the foreign information media during their stay in Malaysia.
- Applicant are not allowed to apply any other passes issued under the Immigration Regulations 1963 [L.N 228/1963]
- Applicant will be subject to undergo 3 (three) month cooling off period before they can re-enter Malaysia using this Visa Waiver Program
- Applicant who breaches the Malaysian Law, will be subject to criminal proceedings and administrative actions by the Government of Malaysia.
Additional eNTRI Registration Terms for Indian Nationals Tourist residing in India
- Applicant must enter Malaysia by a direct flight from India to Malaysia or may enter Malaysia via Singapore, Thailand and Brunei.
Additional eNTRI Registration Terms for Indian Nationals Expatriate residing outside India (excluding Singapore)
- Expatriates must declare their work information and specify their expatriate category such as Professional, Business or Technical during the eNTRI registration.
- Tourist must upload their long term pass from the third country as proof.
020-49027000 / 020-25550000
- Visa Requirements
Malaysia Visit Visa Requirements - Documents, Eligibility & Fees
Indian passport holders who are willing to apply for a Malaysia Visitor visa can find the necessary visa information on this page. In the following, you can find Malaysia Visitor visa requirements which mainly include the visa documents and eligibility criteria. General guidelines to be followed at the time of submission of Malaysia Visitor visa documents are mentioned on the page. For further visa consultation, you can contact BTW Visa Executives.
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Dependant Visa
Following is the list of documents required for Malaysia Visit visa for Indians.
A passport is a document that is required at the time of international travels. It is issued by the government of the country to verify the identity and nationality of the candidate.
The submitted passport must meet the parameters given below
- It must not be torn, ripped, split, or damaged in any kind of way.
One cannot cross international boundries without the passport. It is considered a criminal offense otherwise.
The photo is provided to the authority so that you can be identified based on the same.
The photographs must be provided as per the given photo specifications
- It must be a recent photograph.
- The expressions on the face must be neutral, there must not be any kind of smiling of frowning in the photograph.
- Any kind of glasses must not be worn in the photograph.
- The hair must be tied back so that the face is clearly visible.
- The ears must be visible clearly.
- It must not have any headgear worn apart from religious reasons.
- It is to be taken care that your teeth do not show in the photograph.
Recent pictures are mandatory as old pictures can cause the authorities to reject your application.
An air ticket is a ticket or pass that is possessed by the traveller who is taking a flight for travelling from one location to another.
It is an important document and it should be submitted for the given reason
- It must be confirmed for the complete round trip.
An air ticket shows your course of travel and confirms your return to the native country.
Covering Letter consists of traveler's information, Itenarary, detailed travel Information, trip expense details and your return guarantee to the home country.
The covering letter provided by the visa applicant should be acceptable based on the following guidelines
- It must mention other details as well as per the Consular's request.
- It must mention the accommodation details of the applicant.
- It must mention the person who will be bearing all the expenses during the trip, if not travelling alone.
- It must specify the traveller's relationship with the fellow travellers if not travelling alone.
- It must clearly specify the traveller's purpose of visit.
- It must mention the travel dates as per the invitation letter or the booked flight tickets.
- It must mention all the details as per the passport.
Covering letter is the first document that is seen by the consular. If the covering letter is not appropriate, it may cause your visa to get rejected as well. Professional visa consultation is recommended.
Bank statement is a document that issued from the bank. This is obtained for the savings bank account to show ratify if you will be able to support your stay in the country.
The Bank statement is a mandatory document and it should meet the following criteria
- It must be original and should have the bank's stamp and signature on every page.
If the Bank Statement doesn't show enough funds or shows irrelevant expenditure, it could lead to visa rejection on financial means. Professional visa consultation is recommended.
A hotel voucher is a ticket provided by the hotel of residence to the customers who are taking an accomodation in the hotel.
It should be submitted as per the following
- It must be provided to ratify the purpose of visit and as proof of accommodation as well.
If you are staying in a hotel during your time in another country, a hotel voucher must be provided as proof of accommodation.
A NOC or No Objection Certificate from a parent/husband to the single woman is provided when she is travelling to another country by her own.
The NOC obtained from must meet the given standards
- It must specify the traveller's purpose of travel.
- It must mention the required occupational details.
- It must mention the dates of arrival and departure along with the duration of stay.
- It must be addressed to the respective diplomatic mission.
If the NOC letter from the husband or the parents to the traveller woman is not submitted, the woman is not allowed to travel alone.
An invitation letter from the family/friend is a document that allows you travel to another country on an invitation from your acquaintances.
The letter of invitation submitted should match the following criteria
- It must also mention the applicant details as per the passport, the purpose of travel, duration of stay, travel dates, and the relation with the invitee.
- It must mention the invitee's details such as the contact details, profession details, visa status and citizenship proof.
- It must specify who is going to bear the expenses of the trip.
An invitation letter from a family/friend whom you are visiting is essential to ratify the genuiness of your purpose of visit or even provide proof of accomodation.
A resident permit is a document provided by the embassy of the respective government to the foreigners who are willing to stay in the country as residents.
- It must be submitted at the time when the invitee is staying abroad on a resident permit.
In case the visa permit copy of the invitee is not submitted, the applicant may not be allowed to visit the country providing the purpose of visiting acquaintances.
Any proof that proves your relationship with your family member living in the foreign country.
Required when visiting family members. It identifies the authenticity of your relationship with the invitee.
Itinerary is a travel document that contains the details of travel schedule of the one who is going on the trip.
- It must mention the day to day schedule and plans and program while in the country.
The itinerary must have proper and detailed information of the traveller's routine. Even if a single detail is missed out, it could affect the visa interview. Professional visa consultation is recommended.
A government ID card is a government issued identification document which proves that the individual is a citizen of the country, Adhaar card, PAN card, are examples of a government issued ID card.
Government ID card is an important identification proof which must meet the given parameters
- It must be provided as proof of identification and nationality.
A proof of citizenship is mandatory in the form of a Government issued ID card.
The valid visa copies are the copies of visas that are still applicable and in a different country from which you are now looking forward to applying for.
There are several visa documents that are needed. It is essential that they match the given characteristics
- It must be verifiable and to be submitted at the time of new visa processing.
The visa copies can help speed up your visa issuance process.
A forex receipt is a bill that is given after the foreign currency has been exchanged.
- It must be submitted as financial proof.
Without a proper Forex Receipt, your visa may get rejected on the basis of financial means. Professional visa consultation is recommended.
The application form filled with all the information that is necessitated to issue a visa in your name.
The visa application form is important as it contains all the required information of the applicant. It should be filled keeping in mind the following guidelines
- It must be completely filled with proper information and must be signed by the applicant.
The visa application form should be filled correctly as this information decides the fate of your visa acceptance. Professional visa consultation is recommended.
Following is the general list of documents required for Evisa.
A birth certificate is a document contains personal information of the person which include the date of birth, time of birth, place of birth and othe details.
Birth certificate is a mandatory personal document in some cases. It must be provided as per the given requirements
- It must be original and in a good condition.
Any traveller under 18 years of age is not allowed to apply for a visa without a birth certificate. Professional visa consultation is recommended.
Eligibility for getting Malaysia Vfr Visa:
In order to be eligible to travel to the country on a visa, you will have to meet the following eligibility criteria.
Be a genuine traveller- You must have a valid and good intention behind travelling to the country.
Eligible to bear all expenses - You must possess sufficient funds to support yourself and any dependents throughout the stay.
Reasons to return - You must have strong ties in your home country that will ensure that you will return after your stay.
Be of good character - You must have a clean criminal track record and be of good character. You may have to provide PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) for the same.
Be in good health - You must at least meet the minimum health requirements required by the authorities.
Visa Fees for Malaysia Vfr Visa:
Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted, so It's recommonded to get the professional visa consultation. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your visa application .
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.
Check Visa Requirements List for other country?
Applied for Dubai visa and received in 2 days flat. Thank you Navanath & Avinash for quick & reliable visa Service. No need of hard copy document & physical visits. It is also cheaper than many other travel agencies. Mr. Kapil Pailwan
Sarang, you got it done man! I had to get done my Taiwan visa. Sarang guided me very well. This visa might bring some complications in terms of medical documentation but trust me he will take you though this very well. 5 out of 5 for you, Sarang! Cheers, Warmly, BHAGYESH DEO Mr. Bhagyesh Deo
We would like to thank BTW visa services and especially Vineet and Shrushti for assisting us for our USA & Schengen visa. We got all possible assistance from the staff. Awesome services You just have to give them necessary documents and everything else is taken care of. Will surely come back to you guys for our next visa. Mrs. Sayali Gujar
Do You Want Approved Visa ?
Enter your details to get in touch with Expert Visa Consultant.
Required Documents are not available.
Verify OTP Resend OTP Please enter valid OTP.
Enquiry can not be processed for following reasons
Apply for Visa Online
Are you struggling with your visa application.
- 255235+ Visa Processed
- 35765+ Clients
Our expert Visa consultants are waiting to help you!
Get your visa FASTER with our Visa experts!
We are seeing clients by appointment only. Please call at 866-376-1125 or email at [email protected] to schedule an appointment.
Requirements to obtain VISA to enter Malaysia
U.S. Passport or passport of any other nationality, must have at least 6 months remaining validity from the day of entry into the country for which VISA has been applied for. If validity is less than 6 months ETS will renew your passport (Fee’s apply).
U.S. citizens do not need a visa to enter Malaysia for tourism or business for a period of 90 days or less.
Visa requirements for non-u.s. citizens., malaysia tourist visa.
- A signed valid passport with at least 6 months validity remaining from the date of entry into Malaysia.
- A copy of your current passport page showing passport details
- 1- visa application form, completed and signed – Click Here .
- 1-passport type colored photograph (2×2), front view facing, on a white background, less than 6 months old, no glasses to be worn in the photo.
- A copy of your flight ticket or flight itinerary from your travel agency pertaining to your trip to Malaysia and a copy of your hotel reservation/place to stay
- A notarized color copy of your Resident Alien Card (front and back) or a valid visa back to the U.S.
- If requesting a multiple entry visa, please provide a letter stating the reason for the request.
- An employment verification letter from your current company is required
- A copy of your most recent bank statement, showing the applicant’s name
- ETS Order form Click Here
- For social visit – An employment verification letter from your current company. – Letter of invitation from family/friend/spouse in Malaysia. – Photocopy of family/friend’s Malaysian Identification Card. – If spouse is Malaysian, provide a copy of Marriage Certificate and Malaysian Identity Card
Malaysia Business Visa
- 1- visa application form, completed and signed – Click Here .
- A letter (on company letterhead) from the company in the U.S. stating the purpose and duration of the trip and that the company will take care of all the financial expenses of the applicant during the intended stay in Malaysia.
- Letter of invitation (on company letterhead) from the host company in Malaysia. The letter must indicate the full name, date of birth and passport number of the applicant. The letter must bear the signature of the inviting contact in Malaysia.
- Please call ETS for latest updates and questions.
Please note: The embassy/consulate may request additional paperwork as deemed necessary
- Please forward the completed requirements as detailed above to:
Express Travel Services
5755 Oberlin Drive, Suite 301 San Diego, CA 92121 Toll Free : 1-866-376-1125 --> [email protected]
Fees for Express Travel Services
- $99.00 – Regular processing (8-10 business days )
- $150.00 – Rush processing (5-6 business days )
Please note – ETS charges a $5.00 fee to make money order for consular charges
- Please contact Express Travel Services for fees
These fees are subject to change at any time by the Embassy.
- $20.00 Courier Service ( Standard Overnight)
- $25.00 Courier Service ( Priority Overnight)
- $45.00 Courier Service (Saturday Delivery)
- $60.00 Courier service (First Overnight)
We use only FedEx services Please note: Fed-ex charges may vary by location.
For Further Information Contact
Consulate General of Malaysia 777 South Figueroa Street. Suite 600 Los Angeles, CA 90071 (213)-892-1238 https://www.kln.gov.my/web/usa
Visa Invitation Letter: With Samples and Letter Format
Last Updated : Oct 2, 2023
Atlys in the news
You might be required to submit a letter of invitation for your tourist visa. Luckily, everything related to a visa invitation letter is simple and easy.
Now, I know —writing a letter sounds like a daunting task. But, after reading our guide, you'll be able to confidently write your own letter.
No matter what type of visa you apply for, Atlys will provide you with the necessary visa application letter to ensure that your visa is approved.
What Is An Invitation Letter For Visa Application?
An invitation letter is a common requirement for many visas and generally states that you're invited by someone who resides abroad. The person inviting you acknowledges that you will be traveling to their residence.
An invitation letter in a nutshell:
Is written by the person who is inviting you.
Requires you to enclose your passport/residency information.
There are different types of invitation letters, including business, hospital, or student invitation letters.
The applicant's host writes a letter to say they will let the applicant stay with them. The letter can be given to the applicant or the consular official.
What Are The Requirements For Writing An Invitation Letter?
Although only some embassies in the world require it, it is still highly advised to submit a letter of invitation, even if it is optional.
The host must meet the following requirements for the letter of invitation to be accepted:
Must be your friend, boyfriend/girlfriend, family member, or relative,
Must be a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the nation you intend to visit (home, flat)
They must have enough room in their home for the person applying for the visa
How To Write A Letter Of Invitation For Visa Application?
Many people may need clarification, but if you correctly understand its purpose, writing a letter of invitation could be the simplest part of applying for a visa. The host must write the letter themselves, and it must be addressed to you or the consular officer.
When you receive the documents needed for a visa, double-check whether any embassies have their invitation form. If they already have a form, your host will only need to fill in the blanks with the necessary details.
But even if they don't, we've included some examples below that you can use to change the details to fit your situation.
The main focus when writing a visa invitation letter is that the letter must have some important information about both the host and the guest. Therefore, the following details about the host must be included in the letter:
Full Name as shown on their International Passport
Date of birth
Type of home (The type the host lives in, for example, if it's a house/ apartment)
Host's status in the host country (If the host is residing in that country on a work visa, student visa, permanent resident, or is a citizen or any other legal status)
Relationship between the host and the guest
The purpose of the trip (friendly visit, holiday, wedding, birthday party.)
Exact entry date and exit date
Many visa applications are rejected because the host needs to format the letter properly. You should also pay attention to the tone; it shouldn't sound overly formal or professional. It would help if you showed that you and the visitor have a close relationship.
Invitation Letter Sample
In this section, I'll provide a sample invitation letter you can use when visiting friends or relatives.
[Embassy Phone Number]
Subject: Invitation Letter for [Applicant's Name] with Passport No. __________________
Dear Sir/Madam,I, [host's Name], am writing this letter on behalf of [applicant's Name] to support their visa application to [country name].
I currently reside in [country name] as a citizen/permanent resident at [address]. [Include information of the relationship between the host and the applicant][Applicant's Name] will be visiting me from [enter date DD/MM/YY] to [exit date DD/MM/YY] for tourism purposes in [country name].
We plan to visit [tourist destinations/cities/places] during the specified dates to engage in numerous tourism activities such as [add booked tours/agenda/itinerary]. Furthermore, [applicant name] will be staying with me at [host's address] until their departure date to [applicant's home country]. All expenses for the planned trip will be covered through [provide means of funding] by the [applicant name].
Should you need additional information or have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
[host's Phone Number]
The host should include copies of their residence permit, proof of residence (address), and other applicable documentation.
Where To Submit The Letter Of Invitation?
Suppose you're applying for a US visa. In that case, the visitor's letter and visa application form are delivered to the U.S. embassy or consulate. The guest will submit it along with the other required supporting documents on the day of their visa interview at the embassy or consulate when the host scans and sends it to them.
What Is A Visa Cover Letter?
Simply put, the visa cover letter is a letter that includes important details regarding your trip to a desired country. Think of it as a proposal of why you are eligible to receive your visa.
Please note that it should be addressed to the Embassy, Consulate, or Visa Application Center where you plan to submit your Visa application.Now, not all cover letters are the same. You'll find that your trip's purpose will determine your visa letter's content.
What Are The Types Of Visa Cover Letters?
As I just mentioned, the purpose of your trip will determine the content of your visa cover letter. There are mainly 3 types of cover letters:
A cover letter for tourism purposes - written by you (the applicant)
A cover letter for business purposes - typically written by your employer
A cover letter for medical purposes - typically written by an authorized medical institution
These are self-explanatory. Just remember to include applicable information supporting your trip — I'll get to this next.
What Information Should Be Included In The Visa Cover Letter?
The key to writing a convincing cover letter is details, details, and details. Remember, you must convince Embassy/Consular staff that you're eligible for a visa. Remember that a standard visa cover letter is used to prove the purpose of travel to the intended destination. Within this section, I'll include a sample letter about the purpose of travel.
Generally, your visa letter will include the following details:
The reason why you plan to visit the Country in question,
The dates you plan to enter and exit the country (flight reservations),
A detailed itinerary of what you plan to do in the country,
Proof that you have the financial means to support yourself,
Where do you plan to stay,
Other countries you plan to visit (if applicable),
If you have someone that will sponsor your trip, explain your relationship and how they will support you (if applicable),
In the case that you can't submit any of the required documents, explain why you can't and what alternative documents you've submitted,
Other relevant information you find applicable,
Quick note: You can use your supporting/required documents to help prove the purpose of your trip. For example, enter the hotel name and refer to your proof of accommodation."My friend and I plan to stay at ABC Hotel in Paris; our complete hotel reservation is attached."
Required Details For Medical Purposes
The information included in your cover letter for medical purposes (typically written by the doctor/specialist):
An official letterhead of the medical institution
Patient's diagnosis and history
Dates of the treatment
The treatment the patient will undergo and specific information (how it will benefit the patient, the exact treatment, etc.)
The duration of the treatment
Any other relevant information
Quick note: You can also request the hospital/medical center abroad to write you an invitation letter. This is known as a Hospital invitation letter and will include relevant details regarding your medical treatment, trip details, personal information, etc.
Required Details For Business Purposes
When traveling for business purposes, your employer must include a cover letter for a business visa. A cover letter for a business visa must include the following:
Letterhead of company
The purpose of the business trip
The duration of the trip
The company name, as well as your position in the company
The visa type you are applying for (Business Visa)
Contact information of the employer
Quick note: You'll sometimes receive an invitation letter from the company for a visa from abroad. The company you plan to visit abroad can also write you a visa invitation letter that can be attached to your visa application.
Cover Letter Samples
Next, you'll find samples of the different cover letters you can provide for your visa application. Remember that these samples are only guidelines; you should edit the letter to suit your specific needs.
Sample Cover Letter For Tourist Visa/Sample Letter of Purpose of Travel
Subject: Cover Letter for tourism to [Desired Country] of [applicant name] with Passport No. __________________
Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to apply for a visa to travel to [country name] from [enter date DD/MM/YY] to [enter date DD/MM/YY].
My trip to [country name] is for tourism. I am excited to visit numerous tourist destinations such as [add places you plan to see] and experience [country name] 's unique cuisines and culture. Furthermore, I plan to visit the [city name(s)] to ensure I have the ultimate tourist experience.
[Add your schedule/itinerary and elaborate more on what you plan to do]
While visiting [country name], I plan to stay at the following hotels:
- [hotel name and address] - [date DD/MM/YY]
I am currently employed at [company name] with the title of [position]. I have received approval for vacation days for the dates specified above. Furthermore, I will support myself financially for my trip using [provide means of finances].
I am attaching all the required documents for my Visa application. I trust that you will find everything is in order. However, if you have any questions or requirements, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.
Thank you in advance for a favorable reply to my application.
[Your Complete Name]
Sample Cover Letter For Medical Visa
In most cases, your medical examiner/specialist will provide this visa letter to you.
[Official letterhead of hospital/medical institution]
[Name of Referring Hospital]
[Address and Phone]
Dear Sir/Madam, I am writing on behalf of my patient, [patient Name here], to document the medical need for [medication/treatment/equipment in question] for the treatment of [the exact diagnosis]. Please, find in this letter the information regarding the patient's medical diagnosis and history and a summary of my treatment motive.
Patient's Diagnosis and History: (Add applicable information about the patient's diagnosis and medical history).
Treatment:(Add applicable information about the patient's treatment, the reason thereof, and how it will benefit the health of the patient).
Treatment Duration:(Add the expected duration of the treatment).
Summary: As highlighted, the [medication/treatment] is necessary for my patient's medical condition. My patient could recover/improve successfully with the correct treatment and care.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if any further information is required to guarantee the approval of my patient's medical treatment. Sincerely,
[name and signature of physician]
Quick note: Ensure that you include other relevant required documents alongside your medical cover letter. These can include records of your medical condition, health insurance policies, and so on.
Sample Cover Letter For Business Visa
In this section, I will show you the Business visa cover letter sample.
[Letterhead of Company]
Dear Consul General,
I'm writing this letter to confirm that Mr./Mrs.[Name and Last Name] is an employee at [company name] as [job title/position].
During the last [number of years you've been working at the company], Mr./Mrs. [Name] has been key to improving relationships with our investors abroad. As such, Mr./Mrs. [Name] will be traveling to [Name of city], [country] from [Date of entry] until [Date of exit] for a total of [number of days] to attend to the following work-related activities:
[Write in as much detail as possible about the business that will be conducted abroad]
During this time, Mr./Mrs. [Name] will attend an important business meeting in (city name) to improve corporate relations with our partners abroad. Mr./Mrs. [Name] will be staying at [hotel name, address, phone number] and will return to [country of origin] on the dates specified above.
I kindly ask for the [visa type] to be issued to Mr./Mrs. [Name and surname] at your earliest convenience.
Please, do not hesitate to contact me if you need additional information.
[Name and last name]
What Is A Sponsorship Letter?
A sponsorship letter is required when you (the applicant) won't provide the funds for your trip abroad and is written by the person who will be funding your trip (the sponsor). It's an important document that proves you'll have the financial means to support yourself for the duration of your trip (for expenses such as accommodation, food, transport, etc.)
Quick note: This should be distinct from an visa invitation letter. Here I'll provide a Visa letter sample of sponsorship you can use for sponsorships.
What Should Be Included In A Sponsorship Letter?
The sponsorship visa letter should include details of both the applicant and the sponsor. Here's what you can include:
Your trip details (travel dates, itinerary, etc.)
The duration of your trip
Your sponsor's details (Name, surname, and contact details)
What expenses will be paid
One more thing:Your sponsor should also submit copies of the following required documents:
Copies of their passport/I.D.
Proof of sufficient funds such as bank statements or payslips
A travel itinerary (if applicable)
Proof of accommodation for the applicant
A flight itinerary to prove that you will return to your home country (if applicable)
Visa Sponsorship Letter Template
The Visa sponsorship letter sample can be used as a guideline. For this sample visa letter, we'll look at a husband sponsoring his wife's trip (you could replace "wife" with the applicant's Name).
Subject: Sponsorship Letter for [Wife's Name] with Passport No. __________________
Dear Sir/Madam, I, [Your Full Name], currently residing at [address] and a [country] citizen, am writing in support of my wife, [Wife's Full Name], visa application.
[Wife's Name] will be traveling with me to [Destination name] for tourism and the purpose of the visit. My wife and I will depart on [enter date DD/MM/YY] and return to [enter the home country/another country] on [enter date DD/MM/YY].
During the dates specified above, my wife and I plan to visit [places you plan to visit] [add more details if applicable - a schedule, tours, etc.]. In addition, [Wife's Name] will be staying with me at [hotel name(s)].
I will cover all expenses through [provide means of funding].
Please find all the required documents attached to this letter to support the statements.
[Your home address]
[Your phone number]
Tips For Writing A Letter For Visa Applications
How to write a visa letter is one of many things you should know. Writing a cover letter can be effortless if you understand what information authorities are looking for. However, it may seem daunting if it's your first time writing a visa letter to official embassy authorities. Therefore, I recommend using Atlys when applying for any visa, as they will generate a visa application letter for you. Even so. I'll include some useful tips you can use when writing your next cover letter.
Include important details: To increase the chances of a successful visa application, include important information regarding your trip to the country. First, however, think of what authorities would want to know about.For example, authorities are not interested in the means of transportation you plan to use when visiting the country. However, they want to know what cities you plan to visit and if you have booked any accommodation within those cities.
Always refer to your supporting documents: The great thing about your supporting documents is that you can refer to them within your cover letter. This proves the purpose of your trip and acts as additional information that you don't need to include within your cover letter.For example, suppose you have a planned trip itinerary. In that case, you can mention a few activities within your cover letter and refer to your planned itinerary attached to your visa application. Should authorities want to know more about your plan, they will find more information in your complete itinerary.
Don't be too personal: Remember, you're only trying to prove the purpose of your trip, not explain your ambition for travel. It's acceptable to explain your relationship with a friend or family member you plan to visit. However, it's not recommended to highlight how much you've missed them and how you can't wait to see them because it's been 10 years since you've had a coffee and discussed politics and love.
Avoid including unnecessary details: Including essential travel details is important. Nonetheless, it would help if you avoid including information that adds no value to your visa application. A good way to ensure that the information you've included is important is to use your required documents as a reference.For example, adding that you plan to finance your trip using cash is important. Yet, embassy authorities don't want to know how much you plan to spend on transportation, food, clothes, and other expenses. Instead, they want to confirm that you have the financial means to support yourself for your trip.
Please keep your letter short and to the point: I know I sound like a broken record, but including important information will help keep your letter short and to the point. As a result, authorities will have a much easier time reading through your visa letter, increasing your chances of a successful visa application.
You Can Now Confidently Write Your Own Invitation Letter
After reading through this post, you'll be able to easily write your visa letter no matter the visa you plan to apply for. Remember, you can use the sample visa letters as a guideline. However, it would be best if you make it your own. You now know everything there is on how to write a visa letter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once you have written your cover letter, you must submit it alongside your visa application form and other required documents at the Embassy, where you will lodge your visa application.
Schengen Visa Financial Requirements: Minimum Balance & Info
Find important information about the financial requirements for each Schengen Country. This post will also outline the different proof of financial statements that can be provided.
Estonia Visa For US: Requirements & Application Process
Discover Estonia's visa process for US citizens in this comprehensive guide. From requirements to fees, and eligibility criteria.
Schengen Travel Insurance: Requirements 2023
Discover the importance of Schengen travel insurance, choose the right plan, and stay protected while exploring Europe. Your guide to worry-free travel.
Schengen Visa Rejection Reasons - Mistakes To Avoid
In this quick and informative guide we’ll walk you through the most common mistakes people make when applying for a Schengen Visa, and how to avoid them.
How To Use The Schengen Tourist Visa For Business And Family Visits?
Unlock the potential of your Schengen tourist visa for both business and family trips. Learn how to make the most of this versatile travel document.
What If I'm Applying To a Schengen Country I'm Not Going To?
Figure out if you can apply for a Schengen visa in a country you're not going to. Learn the exact steps you need to take and what to expect.
404 Not found
404 Not found
404 Not found
404 Not found
- Single Entry VISA
- PASSPORT COPY (BOTH SIDES)
- PHOTO (JPG FORMAT AND WHITE BACKGROUND WITH HEAD SPACING)
- ROUND TRIP FLIGHT TICKET
- HOTEL CONFIRMATION
- BANK STATEMENT
- PASSPORT WITH SIX MONTHS VALIDATION
- 3 MONTHS BANK STATEMENT
- VERIFIED ITINERARY WITH AGENCY STAMP
- PHOTO WITH WHITE BACKGROUND
- HOTEL CONFIRMATION/CRUISE CONFIRMATION
- FLIGHT CONFIRMATION
- INVITATION LETTER AND ID CARD
- Multi Entry VISA
FLY AND CRUISE (3 MONTHS VALIDITY)
- Passport and Photo
- Flight Ticket with cruise ticket and itinerary with verified stamp of the company
- Hotel and Accommodation Confirmation
- Bank Statement (Recent 3 Months)
- Invitation Letter and ID Card of resident
WEDDING TOURISM (3 MONTHS VALIDITY)
- Flight Ticket
MEDICAL (6 MONTHS VALIDITY)
- Flight Ticket and itinerary
- Invitation Letter and ID Card
Malaysia visa applications can be declined when the traveler fails to meet all the necessary criteria, such as having an invalid passport, unclear travel purpose, or incorrect photographs.
Depending on the specific visa type you are seeking, the requirements for Malaysia's online visa application may vary. Sometimes, applicants mistakenly apply for the wrong visa category. For instance, a Malaysia business visa is intended for attending conferences and seminars, while a Malaysia visit visa is for those visiting family or friends in Malaysia. Failing to provide documents that accurately reflect your business activities or the purpose of your visit can result in the rejection of your Malaysia visa application.
Poorly scanned documents from a mobile device can lead to issues with the visa application process, potentially causing delays in obtaining your visa.
Malaysia visas may be refused if the application is submitted late, especially during peak seasons.
Mistakes such as misspelled names, inaccuracies in personal information, or typographical errors can result in the rejection of a Malaysia visa application.
Failure to provide all the necessary supporting documents for your visa application significantly increases the chances of your Malaysia visa being denied. For instance, in the case of a business trip, if you do not include a letter from the hosting company in Malaysia, your Malaysia eVisa application will be rejected.
Supplying false information or engaging in any act of misrepresentation is considered a serious violation under Malaysian immigration law. Such misleading information will not only lead to the rejection of your application but could also result in a ban from applying for a Malaysia visit visa for Indians for a certain period.
If you have a history of criminal charges during a previous visit to Malaysia, or if you overstayed your visa, your Malaysia visa application is likely to be denied.
The processing time for a Malaysia visa can vary depending on the type of visa and your nationality. It's advisable to apply well in advance of your intended travel date to allow for any processing delays. Check the official website or consult the relevant embassy or consulate for specific processing times.
Yes, many Malaysia tourist visa categories require proof of accommodation (hotel reservation or a letter of invitation from a host in Malaysia) and a return ticket as part of your visa application. Make sure to check the specific requirements for the type of tourist visa you're applying for.
Depending on your visa type, it may be possible to apply for an extension. However, extensions are generally granted on a case by-case basis and may be subject to certain conditions. Contact the Immigration Department of Malaysia or the relevant authorities for information on visa extensions.
No, a Malaysia tourist visa is generally not valid for employment. If you plan to work or engage in any business activities while in Malaysia, you will need the appropriate work or business visa.
If your Malaysia visa application is rejected, you should carefully review the rejection letter and the reasons provided. Correct any errors or issues and consider reapplying. If you believe the rejection was unjust, you may be able to appeal the decision or seek assistance from the nearest Malaysian embassy or consulate.
Malaysia offers visa-on arrival facilities for certain nationalities. However, the availability of this option, as well as the specific requirements, may change, so it's essential to check the current visa policies for your nationality before traveling.
Remember that visa requirements and policies can change, so it's crucial to consult the official website of the Malaysian government or contact the nearest Malaysian embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information on visa applications and requirements.
The maximum duration of stay on a Malaysia tourist visa for Indian travelers typically ranges from 15 to 30 days, depending on the specific visa category and the purpose of your visit. Check the visa type you are applying for to determine the allowed duration of stay.
It's recommended to apply for a Malaysia visa well in advance of your planned travel date. While processing times can vary, applying at least a few days to a couple of months before your intended travel is a good practice to allow for any delays in the visa processing.
For certain Malaysia visa categories, you may be required to provide a sponsor letter. This is especially common for business visas and visit visas when you have a host or sponsor in Malaysia. Check the specific requirements for your visa type.
Common reasons for Malaysia visa rejections for Indian applicants can include incomplete or inaccurate documentation, insufficient funds, incorrect visa category selection, or failing to meet the specific criteria for the chosen visa type. It's essential to carefully follow the guidelines and requirements.
Typically, there are no specific age restrictions for Malaysian tourist visas for Indian citizens. However, minors (those under 18 years of age) may need additional documentation, such as consent letters from parents or guardians, when traveling without them.
Always consult the official website of the Malaysian embassy or consulate in India for the most up-to date information and guidance on Malaysia visa applications.
The specific type of visa required to visit Malaysia depends on the purpose and duration of your visit. Common visa types include tourist visas for leisure travel, business visas for business-related activities, student visas for studying, and employment visas for work purposes.
→ Passport sized studio photo. → Passport biodata page with passport validity more than six (6) months from travel date to Malaysia. → Confirmed return flight booking. → Birth certificate for minor applicants. → Proof of accommodation. → Other supporting documents.
→ Tourist Visa (Social Visit Pass/Tourist): Online eVisa: Typically processed within 48 to 72 hours. → Visa on Arrival (for eligible nationalities): Processed upon arrival at designated entry points. → Business Visa (Business Visit Pass): Online eVisa: Usually processed within 48 to 72 hours. Visa at Malaysian Embassy/Consulate: Processing times may vary, typically taking a few days to a few weeks. → Student Visa (Student Pass): Processing times can vary significantly, depending on the educational institution and the required approvals from Malaysian immigration authorities. It may take several weeks to a few months to process a student visa. → Employment Visa (Employment Pass): Processing times for employment visas can be longer, as they involve various approvals from different government agencies in Malaysia. It may take several weeks to a few months to process an employment visa. → Other Visa Types: Processing times for other visa types, such as Long-Term Social Visit Pass, Professional Visit Pass, and Temporary Work Visa, can vary. It is advisable to check with the Malaysian immigration authorities or the nearest Malaysian embassy/consulate for specific processing timeframes.
Yes, Indian passport holder can apply for a Malaysia visa online . Malaysia offers an online visa application system known as the eVisa (Electronic Visa).
→ Tourist Visa (Social Visit Pass/Tourist): Generally, a sponsor is not required for a tourist visa application. You can apply for a tourist visa independently by providing the necessary documents and fulfilling the requirements.
→ Business Visa (Business Visit Pass): A sponsor is not always required for a business visa application. However, if you have a Malaysian company or organization inviting you for business-related activities, they may act as your sponsor by providing a letter of invitation or support letter stating the purpose of your visit and confirming their responsibility during your stay.
→ Student Visa (Student Pass): A sponsor is usually required for a student visa application. The educational institution in Malaysia where you have been accepted will typically act as your sponsor. They will provide you with the necessary documentation, including a sponsorship letter, to support your student visa application.
→ Employment Visa (Employment Pass): An employer or company in Malaysia is usually required to sponsor your employment visa application. They will initiate the application process and provide the necessary documents, including an employment offer letter and other supporting documents, to support your visa application.
→ Tourist Visa (Social Visit Pass/Tourist): 30-90 Days → Business Visa (Business Visit Pass): 30-90 Days → Student Visa (Student Pass): typically aligned with the duration of study programme. → Employment Visa (Employment Pass): typically aligned with the employment contract.
There is no specific travel insurance requirement mandated by the Malaysian immigration authorities for obtaining a Malaysia visa. However, it is highly recommended to have travel insurance coverage when visiting Malaysia or any other country.
Yes, there are certain restrictions and limitations that may apply to a Malaysia visa. These restrictions can vary depending on the type of visa, the purpose of your visit, and the specific conditions set by the Malaysian immigration authorities.
No, you cannot work or study in Malaysia with a tourist visa. The tourist visa, also known as the Social Visit Pass or Tourist Pass, is specifically intended for tourism and leisure purposes. It does not grant you permission to engage in any form of employment or pursue studies in Malaysia.
Malaysia does not generally offer visa on arrival (VoA) facilities for most nationalities. This means that you typically cannot apply for a Malaysia visa upon arrival at the airport or any other port of entry.
Malaysia does not have specific health or vaccination requirements for obtaining a visa. However, it is essential to consider health and vaccination aspects when planning your trip to Malaysia to ensure a safe and healthy travel experience.
→ If your Malaysia visa application is denied, it can be disappointing and inconvenient. However, there are a few steps you can take to address the situation:
→ Understand the Reason: When your visa application is denied, the first step is to understand the reason behind the denial. The Malaysian immigration authorities should provide a reason or explanation for the rejection. It could be due to incomplete documentation, insufficient funds, failure to meet eligibility criteria, or other specific reasons. Understanding the cause will help you determine the next course of action.
→ Review and Rectify: Once you know the reason for the visa denial, carefully review your application and supporting documents. Identify any shortcomings or areas that need improvement. If the reason is related to incomplete or insufficient documentation, make sure to provide all the required information and supporting evidence in your revised application. If the reason is related to financial matters, ensure that you meet the necessary financial requirements.
→ Seek Professional Advice: If you are unsure about the reasons for the visa denial or how to rectify the situation, consider seeking professional advice. Consult with an immigration lawyer or a reputable visa consultant who specializes in Malaysia visa applications. They can review your case, provide guidance, and assist you in reapplying with a stronger application.
→ Reapply or Appeal: Depending on the reason for the visa denial and the specific circumstances, you may have the option to reapply or appeal the decision. If you believe that your situation meets the visa requirements and the initial decision was incorrect, you can submit a new application with the necessary improvements. Alternatively, if there is an appeals process available, you can follow the prescribed procedure to appeal the decision. Be sure to adhere to the specified timelines and requirements for reapplication or appeals.
→ Consider Alternative Options: If your visa application continues to be denied despite your efforts, you may need to consider alternative travel plans or explore other visa options. For example, you could reconsider the purpose of your visit, explore different visa categories, or plan a visit to a different country. It is advisable to consult with a visa consultant or immigration lawyer to explore alternative options that may be suitable for your circumstances.
→ Remember to allow sufficient time for the visa application process, plan your travel accordingly, and follow all the guidelines and requirements provided by the Malaysian immigration authorities.
Visa Invitation Letter to Invite a Relative to Malaysia
Want to invite a relative to and need to write a visa invitation letter for family to ? Find and download a sample visa invitation letter for your needs, here.
Visa Invitation Letter for Family for Tourism Purposes to Malaysia
Among the primary reasons people take a trip to Malaysia is to see a family member or close friends in Malaysia.
Even though your main reason of your travel is to visit your relatives, the Malaysian visa officers are likely to see this under tourist visa requirements. This kind of visa invitation letter need to be written by your loved one who resides in Malaysia. On the visa invitation letter to invite a relative, your relative must properly mention that you are his or her relative which you are going to visit Malaysia for a specific time period. It is best to state your trip from start date to end date.
As a supporting document to this visa invitation letter to invite a relative, the individual who is inviting you must attach evidence of the relationship to you, clearly specify the period, purpose, certified copy of the passport or visa to show the home status and current bank or bank card statements to develop his or her monetary status. The visa officer may also ask for proof of accommodation if you choose to stay with your relative whilst exploring Malaysia.
This visa letter to invite a relative could be from your spouse, parents, or children who are currently residing in Malaysia. The main file to prove your relationship to the individual who is inviting you is a valid marriage certificate or birth certificate.
How to write a visa invitation letter to invite a family member to Malaysia?
Composing a visa invitation letter to invite a family member to Malaysia is not an extremely complicated task if you understand how to. Not to worry– we have noted below what you have to include in a visa invitation letter.
Provided the visa invitation letter consists of all the necessary details, you or the person inviting you will not have problem writing it.
There are people who specialise in writing visa invitation letters, such as a visa professional or lawyer.
To be able to write an excellent invitation letter, you can follow the suggestions below:
- The date that the letter was composed.
- The Embassy name.
- Embassy contact details (contact number and address).
- Opening salutations and statements.
- Inviting person’s full name.
- Inviting individual’s property status in Malaysia (eg: citizen or permanent resident).
- Inviting individual’s contact info (contact number, address, and email).
- Candidate’s full name (as displayed in the passport).
- Candidate’s passport number.
- Intention of travel.
- Relationship with the inviting person.
- Dates of travel.
- Plan of travel.
- Closing salutations.
- Inviting person’s signature.
- Necessary document accessories or enclosures.
Use of professional language to compose a visa invitation letter to invite a family member
In addition to the necessary information and documents, when writing an invitation letter for Malaysian visa, you should also utilize professional language.
The invitation letter need to show that you understand the Malaysian embassy’s importance and you respect their authority.
Try to prevent making use of informal language or any regional expressions or metaphors, when composing the visa letter.
The letter should be straightforward without any embellishments, so as to demonstrate a serious intent to travel to Malaysia and also go back to your home country.
Sample visa invitation letters to invite a family member
© 2021 Visa Invitation Letter
- Terms and Conditions