What's Your Question?
How to Find the Proxy of a Website
Depending on the computer you’re using, you may run into restrictions in the websites you can visit. This is common at workplaces and universities. But there’s a workaround if you know how to find the proxy of a website.
What Is a Proxy?
A proxy serves as your intermediary, standing between your computer or device and the Internet. Through the proxy, all requests are intercepted using the proxy’s cache. When connected, your computer sends each request to the intermediary. The intermediary processes these requests and allows you to access the websites you want.
You can either configure your web browser to browse with a proxy, or you can use proxy-free sites that will cloak your IP so you can access other websites.
How Do Proxies Work?
Computers accessing the Internet must have an IP address, or an Internet protocol address. You can liken an IP address to a street address for your computer, because it lets the Internet know how and where to send data. When you use a proxy server, you allow another computer to stand in with a different IP address. All web requests you make go to the proxy server first, which then forwards the Internet web page data on to you in your web browser. A proxy server can change your IP address to mask it so the web server can’t locate you. Proxy servers can also encrypt data to make it unreadable during transit.
The Benefits of Anonymous Browsing
Anonymous browsing to visit lawful websites is every Internet user’s right. When you wish to navigate the Internet without others following your tracks to see where you’ve been, anonymous browsing is the answer.
If you’re trying to navigate the website in an environment with filters in place to restrict your access to some types of websites, a web proxy makes it possible to bypass these filters.
Configure Firefox to use a proxy by clicking “Menu” and then “Options.” In the “General” tab, select “Network Settings.” Next, click “Settings.” Your options include auto-detection, using system proxy settings or manual proxy configuration – choose the option that fits your requirements. You can also choose to use the same proxy name and port number for all protocols. Click “Reload” to load the current proxy configuration.
You can configure Google Chrome for a proxy server. Select the “Customize and control Google Chrome” option on the toolbar and then click “Settings.” Choose “Show Advanced Settings” and then select “Change Proxy Settings.” Next, within the Internet Properties window, choose “LAN Settings” and delete the check mark from “Automatically Detect Settings.” Find the Proxy server section, and then tick the checkbox beside “Use a proxy server for your LAN.” Enter your proxy server’s IP address in the address box, and place the proxy server port number into the port field. Click “OK” and “OK” again to save these entries.
MORE FROM QUESTIONSANSWERED.NET
- Helpful Resources
- Glossary of Terms
- Admission Options
- Incoming Class Profile
- Tuition and Expenses
- Undergraduate Open House
- What Does Merrimack Look Like
- Undergraduate Admission Blog
- Majors and Minors
- Student Internship Spotlights
- Meet Our Team
- Request More Information
The best way to learn about Merrimack is to come by for a visit, tailored to your interests, so you get to learn about what matters most to you.
Explore the various opportunities below and feel free to email us or call 978-837-5241 with any questions.
- Interactive Campus Tour >
- Admitted Student Event Registration >
- See What Merrimack Looks Like >
At our Open House, you’ll get an overview of Merrimack with an introduction to your academic school. You’ll meet Merrimack faculty, students and community members and receive a limited-edition T-shirt as our thank you for coming to campus!
- Sunday, December 3
Info Session and Campus Tour
Attend a 20-minute info session led by an admission counselor and then take a student-led tour of campus. Registration is required.
Monday-Thursday 11 a.m., 1 p.m. & 3 p.m. Eastern
Most Fridays and Saturdays 9:30 a.m., 11 a.m. & 1 p.m. Eastern
Info Sessions & Campus Tours
Learn more about Merrimack and the admissions process. This fun and flexible day offers up an application workshop, financial aid session and the choice to attend a mock class, take a campus tour and stay for lunch!
- Friday, November 10 10:00 a.m.
Academic Preview Days
Dive into academics at Merrimack. Choose the school your major is housed in and attend an academic breakout sessions, hear from current students and faculty, attend a mock class, and begin to imagine your future as a Warrior.
Tuesday, November 14 School of Engineering & Computational Sciences
Thursday, November 16 School of Arts & Sciences
Tuesday, November 28 School of Nursing & Health Sciences
Tuesday, December 5 Winston School of Education & Social Policy
Thursday, December 7 Girard School of Business
All sessions start at 2:45 p.m. and last about 2-3 hours.
During this 30-minute session, you will meet with a transfer counselor to gain insight into Merrimack’s transfer admission and credit policies. On-the-spot decisions available.
- Tuesdays 10 a.m., 2 p.m. & 2:30 p.m.
Interviews are encouraged for high school seniors and transfers and are a great way for our admission counselors to get to know you in person – and for you to get to know us! They are evaluative and are an excellent addition to your application that can help you stand out from the crowd.
- Mondays-Fridays 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. & 2:30 p.m.
Group Visits for 10 or More
Have a group of 10 or more?
Schedule a group visit and join us for a Merrimack information session and campus tour.
Tour our beautiful New England campus and hear about Merrimack from both an admission staff member and a current student.
Tuesday & Thursdays 9:30 a.m. & 2 p.m. or by special request
Virtual Information Session
Tune in to a 20-minute online info session hosted by an admission counselor followed by our interactive virtual campus tour.
Monday – Thursday 9:30 a.m.
Virtual Counselor Chats
Your admission counselor is your go-to person! They can answer your questions and provide more info on:
- your admission decision
- financial aid
- next steps & more
Virtual counselor chats are open to students and their families.
Dates & Times Vary by Counselor
Virtual Open House
This convenient virtual event features current students as they show you around campus and host a Q&A session where they’ll talk about their own Merrimack experiences—LIVE on Zoom!
- Thursday, November 30 6:00 – 7:15 p.m.
PLAN YOUR VISIT
Campus and the surrounding area has lots to do! Use these resources to help plan your visit. If we can help with any details, let us know at [email protected] .
Restaurants and Shops
Things to Do
Virtual campus tour.
Take an interactive look around where you’ll study, live, eat and hang out on campus.
Request More Info
Visit our campus.
315 Turnpike Street North Andover, MA 01845 (978) 837-5000 Directions
- Emergency Info
- Maintenance Requests
- Web Editor Login
Find People & Places
- Employee Directory
- Faculty Directory
- Map and Directions
- Consumer Information
- Events Calendar
- Offices and Services
- Parking and Transportation
- Undergraduate Majors & Minors
- Graduate Degrees & Certificates
- Online Programs
- Bachelor’s Degree Completion
- Direct-Entry Master’s Programs
- Winter & Summer Sessions
- Co-ops & Internships
- Study Abroad
- Service Learning
- Austin Scholars
- Compass Program
- Honors Program
- Girard School of Business
- Winston School of Education & Social Policy
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Engineering & Computational Sciences
- School of Nursing & Health Sciences
- Undergraduate Catalog
- Graduate Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- How to Apply
- Cost of Attendance
- Scholarships & Grants
- Financial Aid
- Transfer Admission
- International Students
- Undergraduate Events
- Tuition and Fees
- Graduate Fellowships
- Graduate Events
- Student Life
- Campus Fitness Center & Recreation
- The Counseling Center
- Hamel Health Center
- Office of Wellness Education
- Clubs & Organizations
- Community Service
- Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Student Leadership
- Arts & Culture
- Student Union
- NCAA Division I Athletics
- Club Sports
- Intramural Sports
- Campus Safety
- McQuade Library
- Parking & Transportation
- Post Office
- Academic Support & Advising
- International Student Support
- Graduate Center
- Grace J. Palmisano Center for Campus Ministry
- About the College
- Strategic Plan
- Calendar of Events
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- College Leadership
- Office of the President
- Awards and Recognition
- Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA)
- Spiritual Life
Merrimack College Navigation
Merrimack college, information sessions and campus tours.
Sign up for a campus visit!
Learn more about how Merrimack can help you succeed! There is no better way to find out what matters most to you than experiencing it in person. This 20 minute information session explores all things Merrimack, and is followed by a student led campus tour, that is tailored to YOUR academic interests. You'll get to interact with members of our Admission team, as well as current Merrimack students, and see first hand what it is like to be a real Merrimack student!
Information Sessions and Campus Tours are offered Monday - Friday and most Saturdays.
Select a calendar date to view your options.
Experience Merrimack College
Virtually explore Merrimack College in a fully immersive 360-degree experience.
Need to know how to enable it? Go here.
- Choose a Degree Level Diploma Certificate Associate Bachelor's Continuing Education Graduate Certificate Master's Doctoral Post-doctoral Certificate
- Choose a Category Art and Design Business Criminal Justice and Legal Education General Studies Healthcare Information Technology Psychology Science and Engineering Trade Skills
- Choose a Subject Animation / Game Design Architecture / Urban Planning Art and Illustration Audio / Visual Production Digital Design Drafting Fashion Design / Merchandising Fine Arts Graphic / Visual Arts Interior Design Performing Arts Photography / Film Studies Radio and Television Theater Web Design / Multimedia Accounting / Finance Administrative Professional Business Administration / Management Business Information Systems Communications / Public Relations Economics Entrepreneurship Hospitality / Tourism Human Resources International Business Marketing MBA Office Management Organizational Management Project Management Retail and Sales Supply Chain Management Corrections Court Reporting Criminal Investigation Criminal Justice Administration Emergency and Fire Management Fire Protection Forensics Homeland Security / Public Safety Law Degree Law Enforcement / Security Paralegal / Legal Studies Public Administration Adult Education Continuing Education Curriculum and Instruction Early Childhood Education Educational Leadership Elementary Education English as a Second Language Higher Education Instructional Technology Secondary Education Special Education Teacher Education Technology in Education English Foreign Language Geography History Humanities Liberal Arts Philosophy and Religious Studies Political and Social Sciences Religious Studies Alternative Therapy Athletic Training Dental Diet / Nutrition Emergency Medicine Health Information Systems Health Science Health Services Healthcare Administration / Management Massage Therapy Medical Assisting Medical Coding & Billing Medical Technologist Medical Technology Medicine Nursing Nutrition and Wellness Pharmacy Physical Therapy / Respiratory Therapy Public Health Veterinary Studies Computer Science / Programming Data Management Database Administration Information Systems Library Science Networking / Security Technical Support Web Development / Internet Aeronautics Agriculture Biology Engineering Environment / Natural Resources Industrial Technology Mathematics Physical Sciences Addiction Studies Child and Family Studies Child Development Counseling Psychology Social Science Social Work Automotive Technology / Mechanic Aviation Technology / Pilot Career Training CDL / Heavy Equipment Operation / Repair Conservation Construction Management Construction Trades Cosmetology Craftsman Trades Culinary Arts Electronic / Computer Technology Esthetics High School Diploma Life Skills / Hobbies Marine Technology / Captain Mechanics Military / ROTC Other Trades Real Estate Secondary Diplomas & Certificates Welding / Fabrication
- Sponsored Schools
- Merrimack College /
- Student Life
Merrimack College Virtual Tour
Are you applying to merrimack explore the campus using the virtual tour below..
Virtual tours are a great way to refresh your memory or to preview an on-site tour of Merrimack College.
Do I Really Need to Take a Tour?
At the beginning of your college search, a virtual tour can be a beneficial tool to explore the campus before your visit. When you do visit the campus, be sure to talk to current students about their experiences. A student perspective is a helpful way to gauge your future experience when attending Merrimack. Already took an on-campus tour? It's inevitable. All of your college tours will blend, and you might forget the appearance of Merrimack College's library, dorms, or cafeteria. Use the virtual tour to jog your memory! With the interactive mapping tool below you can even explore the area surrounding the campus.
Use the resources below to start your virtual tour.
Using the Map
Click and drag the little orange person to a location on the map. Locations with panoramas appear as blue lines or blue dots when moving the orange person. The blue dots are panoramic views that you may swivel. The blue lines are paths that you can navigate along.
You can "pan" or "swivel" the camera around by clicking on the image and dragging your mouse or finger. If you see a white arrow on the picture, you can click or tap on it to move in the direction of the arrow. This will also update the location of the little orange person on the map so you can get a better sense of where you are and what direction you are facing.
Continue Your Research on Merrimack
College Factual provides higher-education, college and university, degree, program, career, salary, and other helpful information to students, faculty, institutions, and other internet audiences. Presented information and data are subject to change. Inclusion on this website does not imply or represent a direct relationship with the company, school, or brand. Information, though believed correct at time of publication, may not be correct, and no warranty is provided. Contact the schools to verify any information before relying on it. Financial aid may be available for those who qualify. The displayed options may include sponsored or recommended results, not necessarily based on your preferences.
© 2022 College Factual – All Rights Reserved.
- California Privacy
- Do Not Sell My Info
One of the fastest-growing educational institutions in the country, Merrimack College is a private Augustinian Catholic college home to 3,500 undergraduate students in a beautiful, residential setting just north of Boston. The college features more than 100 career-focused academic programs, all taught by exceptional faculty who are passionate about their subject and student success. Merrimack is devoted to going the extra mile to help students achieve personal, academic, and career success.
- Liberal Arts
- Art & Design
- Government/Political Science
- Health Science
- Performing Arts
- Social Science
- Visual Arts
- Co-op/Internship Opportunities
- Disability Services
- Intramural/Club Sports
- On-Campus Housing
- Religious Affiliation
- Study Abroad
Find out about requirements, fees, and deadlines
Freshman Application Checklist: 1) Common Application (no fee to apply) 2) High school transcripts 3) Common Application Secondary School Report (SSR) or Merrimack Application Secondary School Report (SSR) 4) One letter of recommendation from a teacher or school counselor. Standardized test scores (such as the SAT or ACT) are not required for admission, except for nursing majors. However, we encourage you to submit your scores if you feel they will support or enhance your academic background. Visit merrimack.edu/apply for more information about application requirements and deadlines.
Transfer Application Checklist: 1) Common Application 2) Final high school transcript (if required) 3) College transcript 4) Transfer College Report 5) One letter of recommendation 6) We may also request course syllabi for Transfer Credit review. Visit merrimack.edu/transfer for more information about application requirements and deadlines.
With daily information session and campus tours along with special events like our Open House, we host a wide variety of campus visit opportunities throughout the year to fit your needs and help you get the inside perspective of what it’s like to be a student at Merrimack. Tell us what academic major interest you and we’ll tailor your visit just for you. Find out more information, and register for all visit opportunities at www.merrimack.edu/visit. Can’t make it to campus? Explore an interactive 360-degree view of Merrimack at merrimack.edu/virtual.
"Merrimack's faculty are more dedicated to student success than anywhere else. They provide excellent support for students throughout their four years, so at graduation, they have a high level of mastery in their major and practical skills to succeed." Chris Duston, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Physics
315 Turnpike St North Andover , MA 01845 , United States of America
For first-year students
Financial aid website
For transfer students
View more in this region
Follow Merrimack College
- Facebook icon
- Twitter icon
- Youtube icon
- Instagram icon