Visa change without exit
Extend your Dubai visa without exiting the UAE
Visa change inside UAE without exiting the country
Currently Inside country visa has been stopped by the immigration. We have other options like airport visa change, Oman visa change and Oman visa run for On arrival nationalities.
We have airport visa change available. Please visit us on the link for bookings. https://seamantours.com/airport-airport-visa-change-dubai/
Extend your visa without exiting the country with our new visa change inside country package. Why go through the tedious process of exiting the country and coming back when you can change the status without exiting the country. No more waiting in airport for long hours or travelling to Oman by Bus. Now Seaman Tours have introduced the new visa extension inside country package. Both 30 days and 60 days package are available at affordable price. The applicant should submit their documents 2-3 days prior to their last day. This can be done sitting at home. The applicant will not need to exit outside country. Currently, the previous 90 days inside country visa change has been replaced by 60 days inside country visa extension.
Visa extension or visa change will be possible for tourist who are already inside UAE. Tourist/Visit visa holder can extend visa without exiting. As Airport to airport and Oman visa change by bus is also not possible during this point of time. Seaman Tours will be providing visa change without exit for tourist visa holders and for on arrival nationalities. On arrival Nationalities can avail pre-approved UAE tourist visas. Please talk to our visa expert for more information.
Even applicants on cancelled employment visa can apply for this package.If the applicants are unware of their last day to remain in the country they can check the status by following the mentioned link. https://beta.smartservices.ica.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/default.html#/fileValidity . As per the information we have, cancelled employment visas has not been extended and they will have to either exit to home country or do visa change to tourist visa. Employment cancelled visa holders will be acquiring fines from day they complete their grace period. For more information please contact our agent who will brief you the same.
Documents required for processing Inside country visa change-
- Passport copy
- Passport size photograph
- Old visa tourist/cancelled visa copy
- On arrival nationalities would only require Passport copy and photograph if they have entered UAE using On-Arrival facility.
Price for Inside country visa change for Employment cancellation
30 days inside country visa change- cancelled visa holders.
This can be done sitting at home. The applicant will not need to exit outside country. Visa extension will be possible for cancelled visa holders who are already inside UAE. Cancelled visa holders can extend visa for another 30 days without exiting. Seaman Tours will be providing 30 days Abudhabi visa including status change on the mentioned price.
60 days inside country visa change- Employment Cancelled visa holders
Visa extension or visa change will be possible for cancelled employment who are already inside UAE. Cancelled employment holder can extend visa for another 60 days without exiting. The applicant will not need to exit country. The most easiest way of extending your visa. Seaman Tours will be providing 60 days Abudhabi visa including status change on the mentioned price.
Price for Inside country visa change for Tourist/Visit and on arrival visa holders
30 days inside country visa change- tourist /visit visa holders.
This can be done sitting at home. The applicant will not need to exit outside country. Visa extension will be possible for tourist who are already inside UAE. Tourist/Visit visa holder can extend visa for another 30 days without exiting. Seaman Tours will be providing 30 days Dubai visa and status change.
60 days inside country visa change- For Tourist/Visit visa holders (DXB)
Visa extension or visa change will be possible for tourist who are already inside UAE. Tourist/Visit visa holder can extend visa for another 60 days without exiting. The applicant will not need to exit country. The most easiest way of extending your visa. Seaman Tours will be providing 60 days Dubai visa and status change.
This can be done sitting at home. The applicant will not need to exit outside country. Visa extension will be possible for tourist who are already inside UAE. Tourist/Visit visa holder can extend visa for another 30 days without exiting. Seaman Tours will be providing 30 days Abudhabi visa and status change.
60 days inside country visa change- For Tourist/Visit visa holders (Certain Nationalities)
60 days inside country visa change is possible without exit. The above mentioned price is applicable for certain nationality on tourist visa. Please check with our sales agent for more details. The price includes Abudhabi visa and status change.
Get in touch..!
FAQ's about inside country visa change in UAE
Is 90 days visa extension possible.
90 days visa extension is not possible any more. Previously Abudhabi and Sharjah immigration has replaced 90 ays visa with 60 days. From Nov 1st 2022 Dubai also replaced their 90 days visa to 60 days. Now customers can apply 60 days inside country visa change. Please talk to our agent for more details
What is the new rule of 60 days visa?
The new rule of 60 days inside country visa is already implemented by Abudhabi and Sharjah immigration. The previous 90 days visa has been replaced by 60 days visa. By this the applicant can extend 60 days inside country visa change. Now 90 days visa extension is no more available in any Emirate. As Per 01/11/2022 Dubai also have removed the 90 days option to 60 days visa extension
My visa will get expire on September 10. Can I avail inside country visa change?
Yes, As per the new rule all tourist, visit and on arrival visas have been allowed to exit or do a visa change before September 10. Please talk to our agent regarding updates and the process to convert your existing visa to 30 or 90 days visa.
I lost my job during Covid 19. Can I change to tourist visa?
Yes, If you have resigned or lost your job during this time you can avail inside country visa change. Seaman Tours have made inside country visa change more affordable for people. Though its bit expensive comparing other visa change package, we have made our service charge minimal for people. For more details please call 04-2381777 or email us on [email protected]
I am on cancelled visa and have overstayed for few days, can I get tourist visa inside country?
Yes, Its possible to get inside country visa change for overstayed applicants. The fines will be calculated as Aed 125 for first day and then Aed 25 each day. Please check with our agent for proper information.
Can On arrival Nationalities apply for Visa change?
Yes, it possible for on arrival nationalities to avail this package. We will be providing new tourist visa and change status. Please check with our travel expert for more information. You can reach us on 058-8820-178
Is the visa you provide Single entry or Multiple entry?
The visa which we provide on the above mentioned price will be single entry. We can provide multiple entry visa on additional cost.
Can I get a new visit visa/tourist visa without exit?
Yes its possible to get a new tourist visa or visit visa inside country without exit. There has no restrictions till date as it can be renewed as many times.
How can I extend or avail new tourist visa as my last date is approaching?
Tourist visa holders can now extend or change your current UAE tourist visa/visit visa to new without exit. This can be done 2-3 days prior your last day. We will provide with new 30 or 90 days and changing status to the new visa. This make tourist extend their visa sitting at home.
Is it possible to avail this package when I am on cancelled employment?
How many days will the process take, is the tourist visa you provide extentable.
Yes, the tourist visa can be extended as many as times. We can extend for another 90 days inside country or other visa change options.
Can I extend my visa when I am on overstay?
We will never recommend applicants to overstay in any kind of visa. In rare cases if you overstay in tourist visa, cancelled visa or on your on arrival visa will can change your visa to tourist and once immigration issues your visa we will proceed change status, provided your liable to pay the fines issued by immigration for your overstay.
What is Visa change inside country without exit?
Visa change inside country is a process of extending your current tourist or cancelled employment visa to new tourist visa without exiting UAE. This is the most easiest and convenient process for changing or extending UAE visa.
Is there any hidden charges?
There is no hidden charges apart from mentioned price. The price may vary for certain nationalities. The mentioned price is for most of the nationalities. Please check with our agents to get an update.
I am in cancelled employment visa can I avail this?
Yes, Its possible to avail visa change inside country for cancelled employment visa. We would require your cancelled visa paper to know when is your last day. We would also like to know if there is any immigration ban on your previous visa.
Is there cheaper option than this?
We have airport to airport visa change (A2A visa change) or Oman visa change by bus as cheaper options. Visa change inside country was widely used for elderly or applicants who wish not to travel by airport and wait hours in airport or travel by bus for long hours.
Should I visit office for processing the same?
Its not mandatory to visit our office. You can either send us documents by email or whatsapp. Once our agent confirm the documents are in proper and its good to go ahead, you can either make the payment through bank transfer to our company account or pay using credit card or debit card as we can send you the link for payment.
What if my visa gets rejected?
Visa change inside country rarely gets rejected, but in very rare cases if there is a rejection due to security or any other reasons, a partial refund is possible. Please check with the agents as to confirm the amount.
How many days will it take to get my visa?
Visa change inside country takes 2-3 days for processing. If its a urgent requirement we can process the visa in express basis. Once visa is approved we will send it to you and depending your last day in your previous visa we will process the status change.
What is status change?
Status change is the process when we change from old tourist visa or employment to new tourist visa. As in this process once we deliver you the new tourist visa doesn’t mean that you have current in the new visa. Only once we process status change you will be considered to be under the new visa.
- Latest News
- Sultan Al Neyadi
- Reader Queries
- Banking & Insurance
- Dubai Airshow
- Corporate Tax
- Travel & Tourism
- Corporate News
- Home and Kitchen
- Saving and Investment
- Budget Living
- Expert Columns
- Community Tips
- Cooking and Cuisines
- Guide to Cooking
- Art & People
- Friday Partner
- Daily Crossword
- Word Search
- Australia-New Zealand
- From the Editors
- Special Reports
- Pregnancy & Baby
- Learning & Play
- Child Health
- For Mums & Dads
- UAE Success Stories
- Live the Luxury
- Culture and History
- Staying Connected
- Live Scores
- Point Table
- Top Scorers
- Photos & Videos
- Course Reviews
- Learn to Play
- South Indian
- Arab Celebs
- Gitex Global 2023
- Best Of Bollywood
- Special Features
- Know Plan Go
- Gratuity Calculator
- Prayer Times
- Cinema Listing
COVID-19: How to change visit visa status without exiting the UAE
Living in uae.
Inside country visa change options are available to visit or tourist visa holders
Also in this package
- Owning 100 per cent of an LLC - all you need to know about the new law announced
- UAE: How can I release passport from Sharjah police?
- Upcoming holidays in the UAE: All the public, private sector holidays in 2021
- UAE: Late on your phone bill payment? Avoid disconnection by understanding your billing cycle
Dubai: If you are in the UAE on a visit or tourist visa, which is about to expire, and you are unable to travel out of the UAE, you can apply for a new visa without the need to exit the country.
Here is all you need to know about the process.
How do I apply for a visit visa?
According to the website of Dubai’s General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA), your visit visa has to be applied for by a sponsor, who is a person or organisation who will be responsible for you while you are here, and will represent you to the authorities as and when required. For a visit visa, your sponsor could be:
- a hotel or tourist company
- Airlines and airlines handlers
- Other organisations based in the UAE
- Individuals (relatives or friends) already resident in the United Arab Emirates may, subject to guidelines, also apply on your behalf for a Visit Visa
Changing visa status
Tourist visa holders can extend or change their current UAE tourist visa or visit visa to a new one without the need to exit the UAE. You can reach out to a travel agency in the emirate where your visa was issued to apply for the new visa. This should be done at least three to five working days before your visa is about to expire. Quite often, tourist agencies allow applicants to send the necessary documents online and make the payment digitally as well, making the entire process very convenient.
You can apply for a 30-day or a 90-day visa. The cost will depend on the visa validity as well as the emirate that you are applying from.
Documents required for processing inside the country visa change
• Passport copy (which should be valid for at least six months)
• Passport size photograph
• Old visa tourist/cancelled visa copy
• On arrival nationalities would only require Passport copy and photograph if they have entered UAE using on-arrival facility.
• If the visa was applied for by a relative or friend, they may need to submit a copy of their residence visa page.
“The visa change happens very easily, and is often called ‘in-out’ process. The complete fees include the change of status and the new visa charges,” Sardar Ali, public relations officer at Al Ain-based Saifee Typing Services told Gulf News.
According to Sirajudeen Ummer, a Public Relations Officer with Dubai-based First Gate Business Services, the cost of the visa depends on the emirate you are applying from and may vary slightly from one tourist agency to another.
Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Quwain and Fujairah
Tourist visa inside country one month with change status - Dh1,100
Tourist visa inside country three months with change status - Dh1,450
Tourist visa inside country one month with change status - Dh1,800
Tourist visa inside country three months with change status - Dh2,100
“This is what travel agencies usually charge in the market. There is no limitation on how many times you can apply for the new visa,” Ummer added.
How long does the process take?
The whole process take three to four working days. In urgent cases, if the visa expiry is looming, travel agents may provide an urgent service at an additional cost.
- Visa + Immigration
- Telephone + Internet
- Safety + Security
- Taqdeer Award
Schengen Visa: UAE residents can soon apply online
Explained: Fines, penalties for new gratuity scheme
Last public holiday of the year: When will it be?
Unfair salary deduction? Here's how you can complain
16 free, paid voice calling apps in the UAE
7 ways to legally earn a side income in the UAE
Get Breaking News Alerts From Gulf News
We’ll send you latest news updates through the day. You can manage them any time by clicking on the notification icon.
This section is about Living in UAE and essential information you cannot live without.
Register to read and get full access to gulfnews.com
UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023: What has changed?
Table of Contents
The UAE is constantly updating their regulations regarding visas. Most recently, the authorities have announced the UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023 that are aimed at tourists that want to stay longer in the Emirates.
In this article, you are going to get more insight into the UAE visit visa extension new rules and which options you have to lengthen your stay in Dubai. Let’s observe:
- Get to know the new UAE Visit visa extension new rules 2023
- Leaving the UAE to renew a visit visa is now mandatory
- Learn about the extension options for on-arrival nationals
- See the extension options for Prepaid/Pre-arranged visa holders
- Understand what you can do to extend your visa once it is cancelled
- Connect Resources is your go-to option for visa services
1. Get to know the new UAE Visit visa extension new rules 2023
The UAE is a country that attracts thousands of visitors throughout the year. Recently, the UAE Authorities announced there was a new entry system in the UAE , which established the procedures individuals had to follow to be able to enter the country.
Now, the Emirati Government is enforcing the UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023, which state that visit visa holders cannot renew or extend their visas from within the country.
Nevertheless, it is important to point out that this was the rule previously, but they changed it when they announced the UAE visit visa extension new rules 2021 as part of humanitarian concerns due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Given that travel became difficult during the lockdown, the UAE allow individuals with a visit visa to renew or extend their stay without exiting the country. This was aimed to support employers in the UAE during the COVID-19 crisis and to relieve this burden from travellers since there were no worries about having to fly outside the country.
This regulation continued even during last year, so there were no UAE visit visa extension new rules 2022. However, now that travel is back to normal due to open borders, the UAE Government has decided to revert the rules to how they were earlier.
It is worth noting that these rules also apply to those that have landed a job and need a UAE Employment Visa and to those that want to change their visa status.
1.1 Understanding the UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023
These new regulations were announced by the UAE Government, and they came into effect on December 23, 2022. Thus, this caused the discontinuation of within-the-country visa extensions in the UAE.
Although many are opting for an airport-to-airport visa change, it can be costly for some individuals and their family members. Nevertheless, there is also the option to leave by bus to Oman and re-enter the UAE, but this has been in high demand and is not available for everyone.
The UAE also announced some new visa reforms in October 2022. One of the reforms is that tourists can get a 60-day visit visa and they can choose the extension. For example, they can choose between single and multiple entries, of durations between 30-60 days.
About permits cancelled by sponsors or employers, individuals can apply for a new tourist visa without any issues. So, it is the perfect choice for those that want to stay for a little while in the UAE while they decide what to do.
Schedule a Consultation Call with our expert
Let our experts help you find the Best Solution in Middle East
Get started today
2. Leaving the UAE to renew a visit visa is now mandatory
Since as part of the UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023 it is now mandatory to leave the country, individuals need to follow the best advice to know which steps they should take next.
One of the first effects that this new regulation caused is that there has been a massive increase in demand for flight or bus tickets. Travellers in the UAE go to neighbouring countries like Kuwait , Bahrain , Saudi Arabia , and others to make the status change.
This is because individuals are advised to exit the country and re-enter to extend or request a new visa.
It is important to point out that individuals have to be careful with the grace period of the UAE Visa since they must leave the country or arrange the status change so they do not have to pay to overstay fines in the UAE .
2.1 Comprehend which options are available to exit the country and re-enter the UAE
Here we have the most popular options for tourists as these UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023 take effect:
- Exit the UAE by bus: this is the cheapest option since visitors can exit the country to Oman and request a visa change. However, this option is only available for those individuals from the Philippines, India, Sri Lanka and Nepal. Also, buses are running at full capacity, so it will probably be difficult to get a bus ticket.
- Airport-to-Airport: the airport visa change is also very common, however, it is a little more expensive. The process consists in travelling outside the UAE and then re-entering to make the visa change.
Many individuals want to know if there is still the possibility to extend the visa from within the UAE. Dubai allowed visitors to do the extension within the city, but now that is also suspended. Therefore, people have to leave the country and apply for a new visa.
Those that have to apply for a Dubai Transit Visa do not have to worry about this news, since this does not affect them.
2.2 Renew your tourist visa by the border with Oman
In case you are not sure about your visa validity, you can always check your UAE Visa with your passport number . Thus, you can see up to which date you can stay legally in the country.
If you would like to renew your visa, you can exit the country and travel to Oman. Here is the process you have to follow:
- You need to purchase a bus ticket to Oman, or you can also self-drive to the border
- Pay the exit and entry fee for Oman
- Re-enter the UAE and apply for an on-arrival visa.
If your country is not eligible for an on-arrival visa, you have to apply for a prepaid visa.
2.3 Get a new visa with an airport-to-airport visa change
The other option available for extending your visit visa is to do an airport-to-airport change. You will have to follow the next steps:
- Select the nearest Middle East airport to where you would like to travel. Keep in mind that flight tickets are in high demand, so it will probably be difficult to find one.
- Prepare all the documents you will need to exit and re-enter the country, like a visa copy, a passport colour copy, and a photograph with a white background.
- Book your visa change ticket as per the availability. This is a special flight ticket which has a visa change stamp.
- Once you get to the airport, you will get an exit stamp and boarding pass.
- Fly to the chosen airport and come back to the UAE
- Get your new UAE Visa and enter the country to continue residing for the stipulated time
In case you are applying for an immigration change status to UAE resident, make sure to find out everything about the Dubai UAE Visa Stamping .
Regarding the pre-entry visa Oman requests to visitors, it is not necessary to do this process as long as you get a visa change air ticket.
Also, you can fly back to your home country and arrange a new visa, but this method can be very costly. The flight ticket can be much more expensive than to a nearby country. Moreover, perhaps you will have to buy a return ticket too, for when you exit your country.
Therefore, it is important to consider your choices very carefully for extending your UAE visa. Since the airport-to-airport is the most common one, then you can book a flight with your visa change ticket and solve this matter easily.
3. Learn about the extension options for on-arrival nationals
Individuals that can apply for a 30-day on-arrival visa can extend their document by following any of the next procedures:
- Extension of on-arrival visa: the individual can extend the on-arrival visa for 30 more days. This visa has a 10-day grace period and during this time the individual can exit and get the new on-arrival visa.
- Apply for a prepaid visa: the individual can apply for a prepaid visa (if eligible) and exit the country. Then, they can re-enter and get a 60-day prepaid visa.
In the case of those with a 90-day on-arrival visa, they can do the following:
- Exit the UAE and apply for a prepaid visa: this is the cheapest option. They can leave the country through the border and enter with a 30 or 60-day prepaid visa.
- Get an e-Visa: individuals can do the airport-to-airport visa change and get an express 30 or 60-day e-Visa.
You can request an extension for your tourist visa, even if it is a single-entry or a five-year multi-entry tourist visa .
4. See the extension options for Prepaid/Pre-arranged visa holders
According to the UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023, those that are not eligible for on-arrival visas, can apply for a prepaid UAE visa before their arrival to the UAE.
The options you have available are the following:
- Renew your prepaid visa twice: if you have got your prepaid visa with a sponsor, you can extend it for 30 more days. However, there are still no clarifications about the new reform, so it is essential to wait until there are updates about it.
- Bus to Oman: some nationalities can get a bus to Oman to get access to visa run services with stay options.
- Airport to airport: as with any other type of visa, prepaid visa holders can also fly to a near airport of another Middle Eastern country and get back to apply for a new visa.
5. Understand what you can do to extend your visa once it is cancelled
If you follow the process for UAE Visa Cancellation 2023 , you must know that you have two options. You can either apply for a new visa, perhaps a self-sponsored UAE visa , or just leave the country.
As part of the UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023, you can request a tourist visa and stay longer in the country if you have not finished what you have to do.
So, if you cancel your UAE visa, you should know you have a 30-day grace period to determine what you will do next. During this time, if you want to leave permanently, you can settle all your credit cards, loans, tenancy contract, mobile bills, and others, and book your flight for your next destination.
In case you are switching jobs, or you would like to stay longer, you can apply for a tourist visa with any of the other methods mentioned. Keep in mind that if you stay for more than 30 days, which is your grace period, you will incur overstaying. This can lead you to pay an AED 50 fine for each day.
If you are facing any issues like your employer delaying visa cancellation , you need to look for assistance. This is because you need to cancel your visa or you could face a UAE travel ban .
6. Connect Resources is your go-to option for visa services
Given the UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023, it may be difficult for visitors and non-residents to stay longer in the Emirates.
Here at Connect Resources, we can provide the best assistance for getting your visa, renewal, cancellation and more with our UAE Visa Services .
Feel free to contact us to learn more about how we can support you to extend your tourist visa or to get any other type of UAE Visa provided you are eligible. Call us at +971 43 316 688 or send us an email at conta[email protected] . We are gladly waiting to hear from you!
UAE New Labour Law 2023: Everything You Need To Know
How check your WPS Salary in UAE 2023: Perfect Guide
UAE Visa Change Without Exit Country: New Rules 2023
Let’s Stay In Touch!
Join Now & Get Exclusive Updates About Business
Subscribe to our newsletter
Dubai Tourist Visa
United Arab Emirates Visa Extension without Exit from the Country
Last Updated: December 9, 2021
As we often get inquiries from people on how to extend the visa validity or change the UAE visa status without leaving the country, we thought this time we would do a detailed post on how to do the same with very minimal procedures. But just before we go into this topic of the UAE Inside Country Visa in detail, a word of caution – don’t confuse this category of Dubai or UAE visa change with the visa run or same day visa change (which we have already done an informative post on it; click here to know more about it).
What Is The ‘UAE Inside Country Visa’?
Uae inside country visa, uae inside country visa – criteria.
- You’ve been lawfully permitted to enter the country
- On-arrival Visa
- 30 days or 60 days Tourist Visa
- 30 days Multiple-entry and 60 Days Multiple-entry Visa
- Residence Visa
- Your visa is still valid
- You’ve not violated any rule or conditions of your current visa status
- You haven’t indulged in any activity or crime that would result in the denial or rejection of your visa change / extension processing request.
Top Benefits Of The UAE Inside Country Visa
- First and foremost, it offers the convenience of renewal or changing your visa status in the UAE or Dubai itself. Be it visitor visa extension, tourist visa extension, visa renewal, visit visa renewal, or family visa renewal, this eliminates the need to fly back to your home country in order to reapply for an UAE visa.
- It’s also a great alternative over other relatively time consuming visa change or visa extension options. And this lets you refrain yourself from standing in long airport queues or taking hectic bus journeys to Oman.
- Another amazing benefit is it’s absolutely affordable and not at all complicated. Yes, you can get this process done with minimal documentation and a reasonable charge.
- It’s further ideal for expats who have recently cancelled their employment or residence visa and wish to continue here on a tourist visa.
- Most of all, you can get this procedure through a reputable service provider. At Rayna Tours, we’ve a dedicated section to cater to your UAE Inside Country Visa requirements.
Step By Step Guide For Processing Of UAE Inside Country Visa
- Contact our visa specialists at Rayna Tours.
- Whether you’re looking to extend the days of your stay in Dubai or change your UAE visa status, our specialists will listen to your requirements.
- Make sure that you forward us all your relevant documents well before (at least four to five days before) the expiry of your current visa.
- Fill out the visa application form with your accurate details.
- You can directly walk into our facility or alternatively send us your documents via email.
- Share us your valid contact details including your telephone number, address, email ID etc.
- Upon the verification of your documents, we’ll forward your visa application for processing.
- Pay a fee of AED 1899 for the processing of your visa change or visa extension request.
- Once your visa change is applied, we shall notify you the same via your email id.
Documents Required For UAE Inside Country Visa
For tourist visa holders.
- Copies of applicant’s passport back and front pages
- Copy of applicant’s current visa
- Recent passport size of the applicant taken against the white background
- Attach the residence visa, Emirates ID and passport copies of the applicant’s guarantor (however only if applicable)
For On-Arrival Visa Holders
- Copies of the applicant’s passport back and front pages
For applicants whose UAE residence or UAE visa is cancelled
- Copy of the applicant’s cancelled UAE residence or employment visa
- The applicant’s passport should have at least six months validity.
- The guarantor’s documents including passport and residence visa copies should have at least three months validity.
- If you’ve a guarantor in the UAE, then it’s vital to submit the guarantor’s previous month bank statement, along with a security cheque of AED 5500 per person in the name of Rayna Tourism LLC. This amount is refundable but only after the applicant’s exit from the country.
- Now if you don’t have a guarantor in the UAE, you’ll have to make a payment AED 2000 per person which can be done through bank transfer or the payment link seen on our visa page. This amount is refundable but only after the applicant’s exit from the country or once the visa status is changed.
1. Who can avail of the UAE Country Inside Visa service?
This is perfect for any UAE visa holder (including on arrival visa, tourist / multiple entry visa, on-arrival visa and residence / employment visa) who wants to prolong the visit period in Dubai or visa change without exiting the country.
2. Is visa extension and visa change same?
No, they are different. In fact, not all UAE Country Inside Visa services are same. For more details, you can talk to our experts who will not only carefully listen to your unique visa needs, but also clearly explains you about its difference and conditions / rules associated with it. They further assure you of the most appropriate guidance to pick the right visa package.
3. Is it possible for me to change or extend my Dubai visa if I overstay in Dubai?
You’re allowed to stay in the UAE only for the duration of your UAE visa which is 30 days to 60 days, although you’ll be given a grace period of 10 days. Apparently, any overstay beyond this period can cause you to pay a hefty fine. This would be AED 200 (on the first day) and AED 100 (per day) on the subsequent days of your overstay. When it comes to residence visa, the grace period is usually 30 days and after that you’ll be imposed a fine of AED 125 on first day and AED 25 / day on subsequent days.
So depending on your visa type and the number of days you’ve overstayed, we shall process your visa change request, however only if you’ve cleared fines and willing to provide us a guarantee in the form of cash or cheque.
4. How long will it take to process my visa change request?
It takes somewhere from three to four working days, provided you’ve submitted all required documents. If it’s urgent, you can also count on our express visa services where your request will be processed and approved in one to two days.
So what better way to avoid all hectic procedures as part of your Dubai visa change or renewal? For more details on UAE Inside Country Visa, you can begin with our convenient online inquiry form or directly speak to one of our visa representatives on +971 4 2087445.
Kach Medina: An Inspirational Blogger Who has Left Her 9-5 Job for A World Tour
Top Free Things to Do & Places to Visit in Putrajaya
Rezmin is passionate about traveling and curating content about history, traditions and other intriguing aspects that make a place attractive. In her spare time, she enjoys reading fictional books sprinkled with inspiration, humor and enthusiasm.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed .
Follow Us on :
Join The Newsletter
To Receive our best monthly deals
Get call back from us
- Ras Al Khaimah
- Kuala Lumpur
- Singapore Visa from Dubai
- Malaysia Visa from Dubai
- Thailand Visa from Dubai
- US Visa from Dubai
- Schengen Visa from Dubai
- China Visa in Dubai
- Canada Visa from Dubai
- Turkey Visa from Dubai
- Hong Kong Visa from Dubai
- Poland Visa from Dubai
- South Africa Visa from Dubai
- Web Stories
- Festivals and Events
- Romantic Destinations
- Travel Ideas
- Travel Tips
Home / UAE Tourist Visa Extension
UAE Tourist Visa Extension Options 2023
Have you visited UAE with an on-arrival visa? Is your prepaid visa on the brink of expiry? Has your resident visa been cancelled recently? Whatever your visa situation, check out our UAE tourist visa extension options and get in touch with us for a seamless visa change service.
Table Of Contents
- 2. For on arrival nationals
- 3. For prepaid visa holders
- 4. For Cancelled Residents
- 5. New rules - 2020
- 6. UAE new work week 2022
- 7. Expiring passport
- 8. COVID-19 & Exemptions
- 9. Frequently Asked
Written By Arabiers Digital & Reviewed by Khalid Al Suwaidi
September 27, 2023 | 13 min read
20 days extension
Only for 30 days on arrival nationals
30 days extension
Only Prepaid visa holders
30 days new tourist visa
Airport to Airport visa change return flight ticket
60 days new tourist visa
For All nationals
30 days express visa
Travelers who exit Boarder & other country
60 days express visa
90 days leisure visa
Upon you exit by your self
90 days in country visa
Without exit & with changes status
Extension Options For On Arrival Nationals
- 30 days on arrival nationals
- 90 days on arrival nationals
Andorra, Australia, Brunei, Canada, China, Hong Kong-China, Japan, Kazakhstan, Macau-China, Malaysia, Mauritius, Monaco, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, San Marino, Singapore, Ukraine, United Kingdom and Northern Ireland, United States of America, Vatican City
Your 30 days free on arrival visa can be extended for another 30 days, it's a paid extension that costs approximately 990 AED. If in case you have missed to calculating, still UAE government gives you 10 days grace period and gives you an extension for another 20 days. Altogether you get 60 days from day 1 to exit.
If in case you do not like the long drive to Oman, you can opt for exit via airport.
Book Airport to airport visa change ticket with Arabiers – Lower cost than flying other destinations
Fly nearest Middle east country (Ex: Oman) & Exit UAE
Fly back within an hour to UAE
Enter again with the 30 days on arrival or ask Arabiers Express 60 days
If in case you need to stay longer then 60 days you can choose this option
On your last of your visa or before the day of expriry you can exit to any country or your home country.
As soon as exit, you can send us the exit stamp and the passport copy .
Wait till visa get approved
Get the 90 days UAE tourist visa visa email
Come back to have an extended stay in UAE.
If in case you need to stay 90 days without exiting the county you can get the in country 90 days tourist visa
Before 5 days of your current visa expiry contact us
Send us the passport copy, current visa or on arrival entry stamp and photo .
In 3-5 days your tourist visa will done.
We will get your change status done from your old visa to new visa .
Continue your stay for another 90 days without exit.
Argentina, Austria, Bahamas Islands, Barbados, Belgium, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, El-Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Kiribati, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldives, Malta, Montenegro, Nauru, Netherlands, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Serbia, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Uruguay.
- Brazil passport holders are eligible for a 90 day on arrival visa, which is valid for 365 days. This visa permits a total stay of 90 days which can be used within a one year duration.
- South Korean passport holders are eligible for 90 days straight stay visas.
If you are looking for lower cost option, you may contact Arabiers for this option.
Set a date of exiting after finding the last day of your on arrival
Self-drive to Oman border
Exit UAE via Oman borders
Arabiers will apply for express visa for 30 or 60 days
Get the e-Visa and enter UAE
If in case do not like the long drive, you can option to exit via airport
Book Airport to airport visa change package with Arabiers
Fly nearest middle east country (Ex: Oman) & Exit UAE
Wait for Arabiers express 30 or 60 days e-Visa
Once you finish your 90 days free on arrival and wanted to stay another 90 days you can choose this option
On your last of your visa or before the day of expriry you can exit to any country or your home country
As soon as exit, you can send us the exit stamp and the passport copy
Get the 90 days UAE tourist visa visa via email
Come back to have an extended stay in UAE
If in case you need to stay 90 days without exiting the county after you finish your on arrival visa days you can opt for this option
Before 5 days of your current on arrival visa expiry contact us
Send us the passport copy, current visa or on arrival entry stamp and photo
In 3-5 days your tourist visa will done
We will get your change status done from your old visa to new visa
Continue your stay for another 90 days without exit
UAE visa Extension options for Prepaid / Pre-Arranged Visa Holders
Those who are not eligible to get on arrival visas need to arrange a prepaid visa / UAE prepaid tourist visa before arriving to UAE. After prepaid visa holders arrive in UAE, below are the options to extend your stay while nearing your visa expiry. We have listed below options for extending your stay in UAE
- 1. Renewing your UAE tourist visa – Twice
2. Dubai Visa Run to Oman
3. airport to airport visa change, 1. renewing your prepaid tourist visa twice.
If you have obtained visa from an airline or tour operator, it's a sponsored prepaid tourist visa, and they can be extended twice for 30 days, the new reform yet to be clarified about this option, we will update soon
Nationals are eligible to get on arrival visa to Oman using this self drive option to exit UAE via Oman borders and reentering the UAE with the on arrival or prepaid visa, this extension method is famous among the on arrival nation. All 30 days on arrival nationals get another free visa by doing this visa run, and 90 days arrival nationals need to get a prepaid visa after exiting
A Most famous option among the prepaid visa holders flying to the nearest middle east airport and come back to UAE and wait for the visa and get back
Send your documents via WhatsApp.
Previous visa copy, clear colour scan of passport and photo of the applicants with a white background. Also, send us the residence visa page of the reference person.
Please send us the receipt
Book a visa change ticket.
We will book a visa change ticket at the available time slots. A visa change ticket is a special ticket with a visa change stamp.
Get an exit stamp & boarding pass via WhatsApp
Reach the airport by 8am and send us a photo of your exit stamp and boarding pass before 9am. Regardless of your flight timing, the airport allows you to get your exit stamp and boarding pass early.
Fly and come back
Fly from UAE and come back to UAE.
Get New UAE Visa via WhatsApp
Get the new visas from us through WhatsApp.
Enter UAE with the new visa.
For Cancelled Residents
Anyone who gets their UAE Residence visa cancelled will get 30-60 days grace period based on the UAE immigration to make their next move in UAE. The grace period is free. Those who want to fly out can take up this time to prepare themselves by settling all (tenancy contracts, mobile bills, credit cards, loans & home connections) & leave. Those who are switching job or want to stay longer then grace period to finish their issues can obtain a tourist visa with the Oman visa run, airport to airport visa change or flying somewhere and returning. Overstaying after the grace period will result in fines worth 50 AED for each day with the new rule in 2023.
UAE visa extension new rules - 2023
A new UAE visa rule has been implemented, allowing Dubai residents to sponsor friends and family for stays of up to 90 days if they are outside the country. The application for this visa can be made through the GDFRA website, a mobile application, or the Amer centre. This type of visa is known as a UAE visit visa for relatives and Friends for 90 days. The authorities are yet to disclose extension details for this type of visa. Source: ICP
The new visa extension reforms, which came into effect on December 23, 2022, led to the discontinuation of the within-the-country tourist visa extensions in the UAE. Most visitors are now opting for the Airport to airport visa change & Oman visa run visa extension options. These easy in-country visa extension options came into effect due to the Covid pandemic & travel restrictions. Source: Arabiers Visa processing team
As per UAE's new visa reforms, individuals in UAE from October 3, 2022, onwards will get a 60-day visit in the country visa. Now visitors may choose extensions between single and multiple entries for 30 or 60 days & all nationalities can avail of these extension options. Source: ICP
Individuals Whose permits were cancelled by their sponsors or employers in UAE can obtain a new tourist visa without exiting the UAE by choosing inside country visa change without exit (Source: Gulf News, June 06, 2020)
The Royal Police of Oman announced on 25 th October 2019 that all nationalities visiting Oman should apply for a pre-entry visa to be able to enter the country. This rule is effective from 1 st November 1, 2019 onwards, and individuals opting for an Oman visa run to extend their visas need to plan in advance (Source: The National 19 th November 2019)
Nationalities eligible for on arrival UAE visas can extend their visit from an on-arrival visa to a prepaid visa without leaving the UAE.
Travel insurance that covers COVID-19 is now available in UAE. Individuals extending their visit or UAE tourist visas without exiting the country are encouraged to get it in case of unfavourable situations.
Indian with USA Visa, EU Residence permit & UK Residence permit holders get on-arrival UAE tourist visa cost of 100 AED on arrival. You will also be charged a 20 AED service charge, after which you can proceed to the passport control counter & you are eligible to stay for 14 days. According to the sources, this period can be extended once for a period of another 14 days by paying a renewal fee of 250 AED plus a 20 AED service charge in immigration centres. If the Indian traveller overstays this time duration, they will be charged a fine of 100 AED for every extra day stayed in UAE and 200 AED for the departure permit. Any Indian travel travellers who wish to extend them on-arrival visas are advised to visit immigration or the airport directly & if wanted to stay 1 or 2-month visa can contact us. Source: Gulf News
UAE New work week 2023
Following the UAE government's plan to reduce the working week to four and a half days, UAE immigration will do the same. This is in line with the country's ambition to become the region's most effective and efficient corporate and economic development hub.
Beginning January 1, 2022, the weekend on Saturday and Sunday, as well as limited working hours on Friday, will affect Arabiers' UAE tourist visa renewal service. Those wishing to stay in the UAE longer should apply for extensions and in-country visas during the new work week, which runs from Monday to Friday. It is better to get your extension or in-country done before your current visa expires and to have your status changed a day before your current visa expires.
Expiring visas, Passport & Validity
To be able to apply for a new tourist visa in UAE, your passport must have minimum 6 months of validity. While you are in the UAE, you may need to renew your passport. If you are an on-arrival or pre-arranged visa & your passport expiry is approaching, we advise you to renew your passport way ahead of time. Otherwise, you can end up paying overstay fines. After renewing your passport, you can easily exit and come with the new tourist visa with the options explained.
And your current visa based on your nationality it would vary the expiry date, you may check on Official UAE websites only
- echannels.moi.gov.ae (Abu Dhabi)
- GDRFA (Dubai)
Reforms and Updates related to UAE visa Extension 2023
- September 27, 2023 The United Arab Emirates is contemplating the implementation of a new visa system, as announced by Economy Minister Abdulla bin Touq Al Marri. This system is designed to simplify travel for residents within the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries. Presently, citizens of these nations can move across borders without constraints; however, foreign residents still must secure visas. The planned system aims to enable Gulf residents to traverse the region freely, without the requirement of visas. The GCC encompasses Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait, and Qatar. ( Source: Gulfnews )
- July 25, 2023 A new 90 days leisure in country visa option has been introduced for those who are wanting to stay without exit. This option starts with applying new in country leisure visa and then it changed to current tourist or on arrival visa to new leisure visa. These visas are unable to extended. ( Source: Arabiers processing team )
- May 31, 2023 The UAE immigration authorities have abolished the 10-day grace period previously provided to visitors holding prepaid visit visas. Now, prepaid visa holders can only stay for 30 days or 60 days. After completing the specified duration, it is strongly recommended that individuals either go for a visa extension or leave the country to prevent incurring fines for overstaying or facing potential consequences related to absconding. ( Source: Arabiers processing team )
- Febraury 06, 2023 There is a confusion among the visitors between prepaid visa validity extension and in-side extension. The validity period for a 30 or 60-days prepaid visa used to be 60 days within which duration the holder has to enter the UAE or the visa becomes invalid. The Federal Authority for Identity, Nationality, Customs and Ports Security (ICP), has introduced a new service that allows prepaid visa holders to extend this duration for an additional 60 days by paying the necessary fee while being out of UAE. Effective from February 6, 2023, onwards, this will prove helpful for visa holders who can't enter UAE within the set validity period (60 days) due to some unexpected circumstances. It can be extended (only once). More details will be provided as soon as more information is received. ( Source: ICP UAE )
- January 23, 2023 There will be a surcharge of 100 AED per service offered by the UAE ICP in accordance with the latest updates. This charge is applicable for Emirates ID, visitor visas and residents visas, to name a few. ( Source: ICP UAE )
- September 27, 2022 Travellers who have a layover in any UAE airport will be given either a 48-hour or 96-hour transit visa, which cannot be renewed.
- August 20, 2022 Children under 16 years of age travelling to Dubai are not required to take a COVID-19 PCR test before they travel.
- August 13, 2022 The UAE Cabinet has planned to increase the standard stay duration from 30 days to 60 days starting from September. This step, along with many other visa changes, will be implemented to double the time tourists spend in the UAE. ( Source: The National )
- July 19, 2022 PCR tests need to be taken every 14 days to maintain the Green Status in the Al Hosn app, as informed by the National Emergency, Crisis and Disaster Management Authority (NCEMA). ( Source: Gulf News )
- July 09, 2022 The Federal Authority for Government Human Resources announced that the holidays for Eid Al Adha will be from Friday, 8th July to Monday, 11th July. Eid will be celebrated on Saturday, 9th July, and work will resume from Tuesday 12th July. ( Source: The National )
- July 04, 2022 Emirates advises customers to make early reservations as more than 550,000 passengers are anticipated to depart from the UAE during the summer months in June and July. The airline is advising customers to start planning their summer vacations as soon as possible to ensure they can fly on their preferred dates and flights. The airline is reporting increased daily booking volumes. Source: The National
- June 13, 2022 The USA abolishes the requirement of producing a negative PCR test report when foreign travellers are entering the country. Travellers flying from UAE to USA are no more required to face a PCR test before travelling. You can confirm with your airlines at the time of booking. Source: BBC
- May 23, 2022 Highlights of UAE’s updated entry procedures for international travellers: Emirati or GCC Nationals are permitted to enter UAE by showing only their ID cards as announced by National Emergency Crisis and Disasters Management Authority (NCEMA) on April 29, 2022. Fully-vaccinated travellers need to provide a credible vaccination certificate with a QR code proving that they have received the recommended dosage of a WHO-approved vaccine. Unvaccinated travellers need to face a PCR test 48 hours before departure to UAE and show the negative test report(with QR code) at entry into UAE. Travellers below 16 years who haven’t been fully vaccinated are exempted from taking a PCR test upon arrival but must strictly adhere to all COVID measures laid out in UAE. Travellers who are exempted from a PCR test or possessing a vaccination certificate are kids younger than 12 years, travellers with disabilities or physically challenged. Source: Gulf News
- April 18, 2022 Any unvaccinated travellers applying for a visa extension after the 19th of April 2022 must undergo a PCR test within 48 hours before departure and get the green status on Al Hosn app by completing all forms. This is not applicable for travellers younger than 16 years. Source: National Crisis and Emergency Management Authority
- April 05, 2022 India’s Ministry of Health and Family Welfare(MoHFW) announced on 31st March 2022 that fully vaccinated UAE passengers travelling to India will be exempted from taking a pre-departure PCR test. Travellers must complete the Air Suvidha Self declaration form and upload their vaccine certificate that was issued by a government body. Non-vaccinated travellers will have to submit their negative PCR test report taken within 72 hours before departure along with the form. This is not applicable to children below 5 years of age. Airlines will only allow passengers with the completed Air Suvidha self-declaration form to board. All travellers are urged to download India’s official COVID-19 contact-tracing app, Arogya Setu. Source: Gulf News
- March 11, 2022 The Abu Dhabi International Airport announced that PCR tests upon arrival have been made optional for all travellers. However, the PCR testing facilities are still available at Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 for travellers who wish to activate the green status on their Al Hosn app. The green status is compulsory to enter commercial areas, tourist sites, public places and other locations in Abu Dhabi. Source: Gulf News
- January 03, 2022 Visitors to Abu Dhabi from UK who intended to travel back or extend the stays urged to check this update, the United Kingdom has been removed from Abu Dhabi's green list of travel destinations. Unvaccinated passengers from the United Kingdom will be required to quarantine in a residence or hotel for ten days upon arrival in Abu Dhabi. Passengers from non-green list countries who have been vaccinated are tested upon arrival and again six days afterwards. It is not necessary for them to quarantine. The test-on-arrival at Abu Dhabi International Airport is free, and the day-six test is also free at any Seha clinic. This change will be effective from January 3rd 2022 onwards. ( Source: The National )
- December 29, 2021 Those who are on a tourist visa in Abu Dhabi urged to see this new update if plans to leave & come for visa change. For the month of December 2021, Abu Dhabi's Department of Culture and Tourism (DCT) Green List of countries, regions, and territories has been updated to accommodate only 73 countries from the previous 95 and has been into effect from Sunday, December 26, 2021. After arrival in Abu Dhabi, all passengers arriving from the amended 'Green List' destinations will be exempt from necessary quarantine measures. The 'Green List' of countries in Abu Dhabi is a collection of overseas territories believed to pose little risk of spreading Covid-19 into the emirate. Travellers must show a negative Covid-19 PCR test result that is valid for up to 48 hours prior to departure. Upon arrival at Abu Dhabi International Airport, passengers will be required to take another PCR test. On Day 6, vaccinated travellers on the new 'Green List' would undergo a second PCR test. Unvaccinated travellers flying from countries on the 'Green List' are obliged to take PCR tests on Days 6 and 9. Source: Gulf News
- November 27, 2021 Flights originating from Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa and Zimbabwe will be suspended from Monday(29) November onwards to prevent the spread of the new COVID-19 variants. The announcement was made by the General Civil Aviation Authority, the Supreme Council for National Security and the National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority. This suspension does not affect any flights flying from the UAE to any of the above-mentioned countries. Source: Gulf News
- September 19, 2021 If you have lengthened your stay in UAE by extending your visa, you can now travel to and from Abu Dhabi without worrying about facing a COVID19 PCR test which was previously compulsory. This rule was eliminated and is effective from 19 September, 2021. From 2 July, 2020 anyone entering Abu Dhabi by road was required to show the police at the Abu Dhabi entry points a negative COVID19 PCR test certificate. Although a PCR test is no longer required to enter Abu Dhabi from Dubai, it is still important to have the “green status” in their Al Hosn App to be allowed entry into public places. ( Source: The National )
- April 25, 2021 As of April 25th 2021 Abu Dhabi has permitted travel for individuals from countries permitted in their green list. If your nationality falls under the green list, you can enter Abu Dhabi with your on arrival facility. If you are EU national and have used up your allocated 90 day on arrival stay duration and wish to revisit Abu Dhabi again, we can assist you by applying for a pre-arranged visa Check Green list
- Febraury 28, 2021 Travellers holding expired 30 day and 90 day visas will get an automatic visa extension until March 31, stated a source from the GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs). This decision was brought about due to lockdowns and travel restrictions imposed in numerous countries due to the new strain of COVID19 virus. Further details, how it works & procedures yet to be confirmed by the authorities ( Source: Khaleejtimes )
- Febraury 24, 2021 There is a new update released by the gov.uk website about the visa fine waiver for UK visitors stranded in Dubai. The update mentions that the GDRFA (The Director General of Dubai Immigration) has renounced the charging of any administrative fines until March 31, 2021 for visitors stranded in Dubai due to flight restrictions and have overstayed their permitted stay duration. Specific details about this update have not been confirmed by the UAE immigration. ( Source:Gov.uk )
- February 12, 2021 While checking travelers visa expiry dates we notice certain travelers granted free stay until first week of March 2021. Further information and specifics yet to be confirmed by UAE immigration
- January 29, 2021 British travellers stay will be extended without any cost. This decision was bought about after UK imposed a travel ban for travellers from UAE which takes effect from Friday, 29 January. All flights that were scheduled after 1 pm UK time will not be operating. ( Source:Gulf News )
- January 07, 2021 Tourists currently in UAE holding tourist & on arrival visas that were expired between December 19, 2020 and January15, 2021 are permitted to stay in the country until the 26th of January,2021 as permitted by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) Source: Khaleej Time
- December 28, 2020 Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) announces a complementary one-month extension for UAE tourist visas . He also stated that this extension is valid for all nationalities as a token of help for those who are stranded and unable to fly back to their homelands due to the discovery of a new Corona variant. Source: The National
- November 17, 2020 UAE ordered a fine waiver program, this order is applicable for individuals who have been illegally overstaying in UAE after their visit, residency or tourist visa expired before March 1 2020 Source: Gulf Times
- September 11, 2020 UAE’s Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) confirmed that the grace period given on Tuesday 11th August 2020, will end on Thursday 10th September 2020. Visitors must exit the country or change their visa status to avoid being fined whilst exiting the country or extending their stay. The fine is 200 AED for the first day and 100 AED per subsequent day from Thursday 10th September 2020. Source: Khaleej Times
- August 26, 2020 The end of the deadline for individuals holding expired UAE tourist on arrival visas is nearing. Friday 11 th September 2020 is the final date for expired tourist visa holders to exit UAE. This should not be confused with the deadline for expired residence visa holders who have until Tuesday 17 th November 2020. Officially it is approved for visitors to stay fine-free until Friday 11 th September 2020. Visitors need to exit UAE or do a visa change to stay in the country legally. ( Source: Gulf News )
- August 10, 2020 The ICA (Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship) had given a deadline until Tuesday 11 th August 2020 for those stuck in UAE because of grounded flights to exit the country. The ICA stated on Monday 10 th August 2020 that this grace period will be extended for an additional 30 days, until Friday 11 th September 2020. Any individual who has been stranded in the country from March should leave before this date or pay the overstay fines. Source: Khaleej Times
- July 17, 2020 The Federal Authority for identity and Citizenship (FAIC) stated on Thursday that expired Visit visa holders are requested to exit UAE before Tuesday 11 th August 2020 or apply for a one month grace period. Source: Gulf news
- July 13, 2020 Tourists staying in UAE with visas expired after Sunday 1 st March 2020 are given a one month grace period to exit the country or apply for a visa status change. This was announced by the Federal Authority for identity and Citizenship (FAIC) on Monday so as these individuals won't have to face the charges of overstaying fines. Source: Khaleej time
- July 12, 2020 Individuals holding a UAE tourist visa are kindly requested to exit the country within one month starting from 12 th July to prevent incurring any fines. This was stated by Brig Al Kabi. Source: Gulf News
- July 11, 2020 From 11 th July 2020 the grace period for visas and entry permits will depend solely on a rigorous schedule put forward by the ICA. ( Source: Khaleej Times )
- July 10, 2020 The statement that visa and entry permit validity granted from 1 st March ,2020 until 31 st December for individuals inside the country has been cancelled. This cancellation will be effective from 11, th July 2020 onwards. ( Source: Gulf News )
- May 25, 2020 If the individual’s residence permits or entry permits expired before 1 st March 2020, they are given time until 18 th August 2020 to leave the UAE without any fines. Holders of entry permits (tourist visa or on arrival) residence visas that have expired after 1 st March 2020 are granted a grace period until 31 st December 2020 to leave UAE without incurring any fines. This rule is exempted for individuals holding cancelled UAE Residence visas and new born babies. Source: Gulf News & ICA (Federal Authourity for identity and citizenship
- May 14, 2020 As per orders of UAE president, his Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, anyone who holds a UAE entry permits that was expired before 1 st March 2020, is exempt from paying any overstay fines. These individuals will be given a 3 month grace period starting from 18 th May 2020 to exit the country. The fines are exempt for both entry visas and residency visas. Source: Khaleej Times
- April 14, 2020 According to UAE Brigadier General Al Khabi: visitors who are still in the United Arab Emirates despite their tourist visas expiring before March 2020 , will get their visa validity extended until 31 st December 2020. Source: Khaleej Time
- April 7, 2020 General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA), Dubai has clarified visitors concerns and it announced a fine exemption time frame is declared from 1 st March until end of May 2020. ( Source: Khaleej Time)
- April 1, 2020 UAE General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) decided to exempt fines for coming 3 months for all type of UAE Residency - Residence permit holders, & tourist permit holders. Source: Gulf News
- April 2, 2020 Emirates got permission to operate flights with a limited number of passengers, it's aim to fly out & fly in to help the residents or visitors who wish to return to their home countries. Source: Gulf News
- March 24, 2020 UAE tourist entry holders waiting for good news about the government visa extension announcement . On 23 rd March 2020 due to the suspension of all flights arrival and departure from UAE airports, it's expected they will be given a chance to extend the visas at a minimum fee to extend their stay in UAE without overstaying fines. Further updates will be announced within the next couple of days. ( Source: Khaleej Times)
- March 19, 2020 UAE has made a decision to suspend entry for all new entry permit holders including the permit processed before 17th March as a preventive measure against the COVID-19 pandemic. The entry of individuals holding tourist entry permit or resident entry permits have been suspended until further notice. Although the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC) stated that the ban on permit processing won't affect the permits issued before the 17th March, the organization had requested local and international airliners to not carry any passengers holding UAE entry permits. ( Source: Khaleej Times)
- March 12, 2020 Oman has halted the processing of all entry permits as a precautionary measure against COVID-19. Starting from the 15th March 2020, this decision will be upheld for a month and updated according to the current information about the pandemic. Due to this decision, any prepaid entry holders wanting to get an extension for their UAE permit have to rule out the airport to airport visa change option and the UAE visa change by bus option because both of these procedures require the visa holder to fly or drive out of UAE into Oman territory. Additionally, the Sultanate of Oman has also decided to stop the entry of cruise liners into the country. Other precautionary measures include banning of shisha in restaurants, reduction of court sessions and postponing all non-class student programs. ( Source: Gulfnews)
- March 10, 2020 Numerous flights cancelled due to the Corona virus outbreak. Roughly 60 to 80 percent of travellers have cancelled or postponed their bookings as per various travel agents in the UAE. This is due to the many travel restrictions imposed by many countries and airliners as a precautionary measure against Corona virus. Most cancellations have been made to Middle Eastern countries such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Bahrain. As UAE's ministry of health has been advising to postpone any form of unnecessary travel, many Indian expats are not bringing their families on visit visas for the school holidays. The Ministry of Education has also announced that any students traveling from foreign countries will have to face thorough screening procedures and face quarantine before being sent home. ( Source: The national)
- March 13, 2020 The Indian consulate has requested all Indian expats in UAE to postpone their trips to their home land until further notice. The Indian authorities have decided to quarantine all travellers upon arrival to limit the spread of the Corona virus. Thus, any leisure travel plans are requested to be postponed until a positive update. ( Source: Gulf News )
- March 13, 2020 Due to the travel restrictions, UAE prepaid entry permit holders who want to extend their UAE entry permits must do so by the only procedure that is currently available, the no exit extension procedure. On-arrival permit holders are now given no exit entry permit change option as a special measure until all travel bans have been lifted. That means on-arrival visa holders can stay in UAE and apply for a new UAE entry permit if they want to extend their stay and don't have to return to their home country. Source: Gulf News
Frequently Asked Questions
My brother is in uae on a tourist visa and is currently staying on his grace period. will he be subject to overstay fines if he continues to stay here.
Before the grace period ending he must exit the country or legalize his stay. If not, he will be subject to paying Overstsying violation fines.
My tourist visa will expire at the end of this month. I am eager to know how I can renew it as I don't want to pay any overstay fines.
You can contact Arabiers team for more information.
I am in UAE, and I'm planning to stay for an additional 2 months. Will I be able to do it?
Yes, get in touch with the Arabiers team.
According to the new rule, can my mother, who is on a 60-day visa, get a 5-year visa without exit?
So far, there are no such announcements made. Just like you, we are also waiting for updates and details from the government. Now and then, check our 5 years tourist visa page for recent updates on the topic.
What is a visa change air ticket?
A visa change air ticket is a special ticket that includes a visa stamp which allows the ticket holder to fly to any nearby Middle Eastern country without an entry visa to that specific country. This ticket is allowed due to a special agreement between us and the airline.
Are there any additional deposits required for this process?
This depends on your nationality. Contact us to know more about it.
Can I fly back to my country and revisit UAE?
Yes, that is possible too, if you don’t prefer any of the visa extension methods mentioned above. We can assist you & get your new visa within 8-24 hours after you have exited UAE. Apart from this option being costly, the other disadvantage is that you need to book a return ticket to your country as well if you exit to your country or any other country.
How can I pay my overstay fine?
You can make the payment at the immigration counter in the airport while you exit on your current visa or you can seek our assistance to do
What are the fines for overstaying?
If you are overstaying with any type of visa, you will be charged 50 AED per day with the new rule came into place on October 2022
What happens if immigration rejects my extension application when I do airport to airport visa change?
If such a situation arises while you are in Dubai or Sharjah Airport, immediately book a flight to your home country and exit the airport. Booking flight ticket cost must be paid by you.
What is included in the airport-to-airport visa extension package?
UAE visa processing charge, VAT, service charge and a return flight ticket.
Do US citizens need a visa for Dubai?
If you are coming for a short holiday, you do not need one upfront. In any UAE airport on arrival, you get a free visa valid for 30 days, with 10 days grace period. You are also given the chance to extend your stay in multiple ways. But If you are planning to stay more than 30 days, it is better to get a 60-day prepaid visa through us at the cost of 690 AED.
How about a Dubai visa for US green card holders?
So far, Indian nationals holding a US Green card (valid green card) are given an on-arrival facility with the fee (100 AED & 20 AED Service fee), and if you are planning to stay more than 14 or 30 days, it is better to get prepaid ones.
How does a Dubai tourist visa renewal after expiry work?
Even if you overstay, UAE immigration allows you to extend your stay in UAE by paying the fines.A daily fine of 50 AED to be paid while exiting the country on the boarder or Airport
I've obtained my 60 days UAE visa through Air Arabia. Shall I extend with a local tour operator?
The visitor's obtaining visas through Etihad Airways, Emirates Airline, Fly Dubai & Air Arabia must contact the respective Airlines to extend their visas. If you would like to get a new visa, you can contact us.
I couldn't fly back to my home country. What are the options now to legalize my stay?
Unfortunately, exit is must now, unless you are one of the 30 days on arrival national (get 30 days extension without exit)
Is the Oman visa run open now?
Yes, it's open, and we operate 2 trips every week for 30 days on arrival nationals
Due to my residence permit process, I am overstaying my current tourist visa permit. What will happen to me?
If you can't complete your residence permit process (until status change - from tourist to residence), you are liable to pay daily fines. On the other hand, we facilitated the visa, and we will be responsible and our permission to issue new visas will be suspended. To clear that, we will file an escape application with the government applied fee, So that you will be absconded and your residence visa application and exit will be denied until you clear the fines and the absconding. If your employer does not understand your agreement with us, go ahead and extend your stay or exit the country and then wait for your residence permit.
Do GCC residents get free visas on arrival and do not need to extend them?
From April 29, 2016, GCC resident permit holders must apply for a UAE visa before entering into the UAE.
Do US citizens need a visa for Oman?
No, its on arrival
Can US citizens travel to Dubai right now?
yes, all restrictions are lifted
- Get information about visa expiry
- Assistance in visa change
- Assistance in Oman visa run
*All The Week - 7.30 am to 1.00 am
Extend your UAE tourist Visa
Inside Country Visa Extension (No exit required)
30 days inside the country.
- 30 day tourist visa
60 days inside the country
- 60 day tourist visa
Airport to Airport Visa Change - SalamAir
60 days visa change.
- Return ticket
- From Fujairah
- SalamAir Flight
Airport to Airport Visa Change - Flydubai
- Flydubai Flight
90 days Visa Change
- 90 day tourist visa
30 Days Sharjah Visa Universal
- 30 day visa extension
30 Days Visa Extension
Visa extension - same day visa change.
Is it time to change your tourist visa but you aren't willing to fly home? Here are three easy options to get your UAE tourist visa changed without having to travel to your home country.
While travel is completely grounded, your visa extension process isn't. You can now apply for visa extension from the comforts of your home. Our travel experts are committed to providing you with a seamless visa extension service.
Stay home and stay longer with Musafir's Inside country visa extension process.
Same day visa change - via Bus
30 days visa change.
- UAE 30 day tourist visa
90 days visa change
- UAE 90 day tourist visa
Same day visa change - via Flight
- Return flight tickets
What do I need to apply
- A copy of guarantor's passport's first, last and visa pages
- A copy of guarantor's Emirates ID
- A copy of each visitor's passport's first and last pages
- Each visitor's passport-size photograph, taken against a white background
- Each visitor's passport should have a minimum validity of 6 months
- Guarantor’s U.A.E residence visa copy with a minimum validity of 3 months
Talk to our Travel Experts on 600 544 405 or contact us to find out more.
Frequently Asked Questions
A same day Visa change is specifically designed for customers who need to change or extend their existing UAE tourist visa to a new UAE tourist visa on the same day i.e. within less than 24 hours. Musafir has 2 options : " Visa change by flight " to a " Visa change - Within the Country " (No exit required)
No. The customers do not need to exit to their home country. Musafir has 2 options :" Visa change via a flight " and a " Visa change - Within the Country " (no exit required).
There is no security deposit required to be paid at the airport for most nationalities. But certain nationalities may be required to deposit a refundable amount of AED 5,600 with Musafir.
Customers can avail this package through our retail offices, Whatsapp, online on Musafir.com or simply send the documents via email [email protected]. They then decide which of the two modes of Visa renewal they wish to opt for. For flights - We will then check the flight availability to Kuwait, Bahrain or Muscat and accordingly issue the Visa change ticket on Air Arabia or Fly Dubai. Carry this ticket and report at least 4-12 hours prior to the departure to the check-in counters at Sharjah airport/Dubai Airport and complete your immigration formalities. Fly out of the UAE and return to the Sharjah International Airport/Dubai International Airport on the same flight. Obtain the new visa from the travel consultant or exit via E-gate and re-enter the UAE. Inside the Country (No exit from UAE required) - Customer simply stays within UAE for his Visa to be mailed to him. No need to exit the country at all. Request to be sent atleast 4-5 working days prior to the last date.
All overstay fines have to be paid directly at the immigration counter.
The Visa approval is at sole discretion of the immigration authorities. In case of any rejection in providing a new visa, Musafir.com does not bear any responsibility for the application charges and no refund will be provided. In case of "Visa change by Flight" the visa applicant can stay at the airport for a maximum of 24-48 hours, post which they must arrange for a flight ticket directly to their home country from the respective airport.
For tourist visa, the passport should be valid for at least six months from the date of travel.
Yes, you can travel anywhere within the country with a valid UAE visa.
Our travel experts will provide complete information about the visa application process and assist in organising all necessary documentation including the visa forms.
*Prices listed are exclusive of VAT charges.
- Travelers 1Adult 2Adults 3Adults 4Adults 5Adults 6Adults 7Adults 8Adults 9Adults Children 1Child 2Children 3Children 4Children 5Children 6Children 7Children 8Children 9Children
Talk to our Travel Experts
Email us at
New UAE Visa Rule – UAE Visa Extensions Not Allowed Within Country
When thinking about a Middle Eastern trip, one of the first places that comes to mind for a leisure traveller is the UAE. It is also a popular destination for expatriates. Dubai, in particular, has an enticing allure for tourists and job seekers, and many changes have been made in recent years to make obtaining a UAE visa less difficult.
One of those characteristics was the ability to apply for a UAE visit visa extension without having to leave the country if a traveller wanted to extend his\her stay. However, presently if you are in UAE and have a valid visit visa to stay in the country and are considering extending that visa, there is a small catch: as with the new visa update, you must leave the UAE in order to apply for the visa extension. Here is a brief summary of the new UAE visit visa update.
The UAE visa extension benefit
Up until mid-December 2022, anyone with a UAE or Dubai visit visa could apply for a renewal without leaving the country. It should be noted, however, that this benefit was made available during the COVID-19 pandemic, so it was no longer in force before 2020. The permission for this Dubai visa extension was granted so that visitors who were already in the country would not have to go through the hassle of leaving the country during pandemic times. Furthermore, many countries had closed their international borders, making visa extensions impossible.
News Alert!! : Dubai Visitors Have to Pay Overstaying Fine
Majority of UAE’s population consists of expatriate, and ensuring tourists feel safe and secure in the UAE was also an important , as tourism is one of the UAE’s most important economic growth factors. As a result, to alleviate tension, this option was provided to ensure that visitors and expatriates are not caught off guard as to what to do if their visa is about to expire and needs to be renewed. With this visa renewal benefit, hundreds of expats earning a living in the UAE will not lose their jobs due to visa restrictions resulting from the Covid -19 pandemic. The visa extension rule has also made it easier for tourists to stay in the UAE and has given visitors confidence that the country is doing everything possible to make their visitors feel at ease. The visa extension from within the UAE was granted solely for humanitarian reasons due to the pandemic. Previously, visitors had to leave the country to renew their visas.
The reason behind updating the visa rule
Why is this UAE visa extension rule being overturned and disallowed if it was working so well for UAE travellers? One of the primary reasons for this UAE new visa rule to get implemented is that the UAE have implement many visa schemes in 2022 that will allow individuals seeking opportunities to stay for longer periods of time. There are freelance visas, five-year residency visas, and two-year work permits. As a result, there appear to be fewer reasons for them to extend their visas in short periods of time.
Another reason is that many people come on visit visas and stay longer without pursuing their goal of finding work, or simply abuse visit visa benefits, which the government clearly wants to dissuade. Now, also because international travel rules have relaxed, though the fear of COVID-19 persists, the UAE believes it is much better to return to its original visa renewal policies.
Options for those with active UAE visit visas
Those in Dubai on a visit visa can currently renew their visa in the emirate until the immigration system is upgraded. Dubai continues to offer Dubai visa extensions right now, but the other emirates have stopped doing so. It won’t be long before Dubai stops offering UAE visa extensions from within the emirate as well.
Those with a visit visa who are staying in another emirate and want to extend their stay in the UAE must leave the country, apply for an extension, acquire the visa and then re-enter. There are several ways to extend visa after exiting the UAE:
- One can apply for Dubai visa from Oman . They can leave the UAE and travel to Oman, which is the closest country to enter rather than taking a flight to their home country. Since you can enter Oman via the road, travel is also affordable. Once in Oman, apply for a UAE visit visa extension and then return to the UAE. However, if your nationality is from a country that requires an Oman visa to enter the country, you will need to obtain one before planning your trip to renew your UAE visa.
- Another way is the airport-to-airport visa renewal where you need to exit UAE via a flight and enter neighbouring country’s airport and then re-enter the UAE to receive a visa extension for an additional 30 days. However, return UAE flight tickets would cost a significant amount of money.
No UAE visit visa extension inside country rule went into effect on December 13, 2022, and all UAE visa holders will now have to exit the country to have their UAE visa renewed and functional. This is not a new rule; in fact, it was in effect until the pandemic brought the world to its knees. The visa rule of extending the visa without leaving the country was implemented solely to address the harsh realities and difficulties imposed by Covid-19. As is typical of human nature, travellers had become complacent with the new rule because it provided a significant benefit. Now, for various reasons, the UAE has reverted to the old visa extension rule, and it is certain that visitors to the UAE will take some time to adjust to these new rules.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Dubai visit visa change: How airport to airport exit works
At the Dubai International Airport.
PHOTO BY ARCHIVE
Dubai visit visa change: How A-to-A exit works
Since December, UAE visit visa holders were required to exit the country before they could be issued a renewed or extended visa.
The practice has been in place before the pandemic, but when Covid-19 hit, authorities allowed people to renew their visas without leaving the country for health and safety reasons.
However, with procedures now back to normal, the relaxed rules have been revoked and visit visa holders wanting to renew or extend their visa must exit the UAE. Airport to airport exits to countries like Kuwait, Oman or Bahrain are among the popular choices.
Speaking to Expatmedia.net on Wednesday (February 8), visit visa holder Georgina S (full name withheld) said she was able to do her airport-to-airport visa change arranged by a Dubai-based travel agency. Georgina needed to extend her visa to stay longer with her family in Dubai. As advised by her travel agent, the important documents she brought with her at the airport were her passport and her old visa. The travel agency arranged for her a flydubai flight to Kuwait for her airport-to-airport exit.
How the airport-to-airport visa exit works from Dubai:
1. Reach the Dubai airport (Terminal 2) at least five hours ahead of flight departure time.
2. If you have overstayed your visa and have incurred fines, go to the Immigration area to clear the fines. Disregard this step if you have not overstayed your visa.
3. Check in at the airline check-in counter.
4. Go to the Immigration counter and clear your exit. Make sure you have an exit stamp on your passport.
5. Send a clear photo of the exit stamp to the travel agency.
6. Wait at the departure gate and take the flight on time.
7. Upon landing in your destination country, head to the transfer desk and wait for your return flight to Dubai. Board the flight on time.
8. Once you land back at the Dubai airport, go to the transfer desk and wait for your new visa. Do not go to the Immigration section without a new visa.
9. Once your new visa is approved and issued, a copy will be sent to you through WhatsApp or email.
10. You can show the new visa in your phone at the Immigration desk and enter the UAE.
ALSO READ: Dubai tourist visa overstayers must pay for permit to exit UAE
For all the latest news from the UAE and the world, follow us on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube page
More Society Stories
Dubai’s Mohammed bin Rashid Library expands UAE magazine portfolio with Expat Media Special Edition Magazine
Dubai’s Mohammed Bin Rashid Library expands UAE...
[vc_row el_class="container section"][vc_column el_class="row"][vc_row_inner el_class="row"][vc_column_inner][expatmedia-landing-article title="landing article"][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner el_class="col-md-8 "][vc_column_inner el_class="col-md-8"][expatmedia-article-content
UAE weather: Expect rainfall from November 15-17
UAE weather: Expect rainfall from November 15-17...
Dubai Ride 2023: Over 35,000 take over Sheikh Zayed Road
Dubai Ride: Over 35,000 take over iconic...
I resigned from my company. Will I get gratuity?
Dubai-based lawyer Barney Almazar answers the most...
I fell victim to crypto scam in Dubai
Dubai Metro Blue Line closer to reality after RTA invites contractors
Dubai Metro Blue Line closer to reality...
Ras Al Khaimah: Arab gets Dh8,000 fine for attacking bird seller
Etihad Airways announces Black Friday sale
UAE: Charging interest on borrowed money could get you fined Dh50,000
Official wants convicted Filipinos in UAE, Middle East to serve prison term in Philippines
Dubai: African parking attendant jailed for stealing Rolex from car
UAE: Emiratisation deadline looms for private sector companies
Man who found wallet in Dubai jailed after using ATM card inside
Boy who saved classmate who swallowed coin gets Sharjah Police award
POPULAR IN SOCIETY
- Home Top News
- Other sports news
Get news in your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter for news alerts and our pick of popular views, guides and features
- Legally Speaking
My colleague spread gossip about me: What the UAE law says
Explore Expat Media
- FILM & TV
- BARS & CLUBS
- Advertise with us
- About Expat Media
- Contact Expat Media
© 2015 All Rights Reserved. ExpatMedia
Dubai Visa Extension: New Rules 2023
Last Updated : 30-Oct-2023
Atlys in the news
If you enjoy your visit to Dubai so much, you want to extend your UAE visa. Here is what you need to know:
Under the new Dubai visa extension rules, you can extend your UAE visa for 30 days.
Maximum stay in the UAE is 120 days.
You can apply for the Dubai visa extension online.
The UAE has implemented a new entry and residence system, positioning itself as an attractive hub for work, investment, entrepreneurship, education, and living. This has led to a surge in applications for Dubai visa extensions. Under the new rules, travellers must leave Dubai (UAE) to extend their visas.
It's important to plan your extension well in advance, a few days before your visa's expiration.
Here is what you need to know about UAE visit visa extensions.
UAE Visa Extension New Rules - 2023
The UAE has suspended the ability for travellers with visit visas to renew their documents from within the nation.
The UAE residence visa extension new rules 2023 has officially announced that individuals now have the ability to extend or cancel their entry permits conveniently through their personal online accounts. UAE visa cancellation typically requires a processing time of up to 48 hours.
The new rules state that travellers can extend their visit visas for 30 and 60 days for an additional 30 days from within the nation.
The maximum number of days one can stay in the country in a year is 120 days, so you can not extend your visa over this period.
You can also extend your Visa on Arrival for Dubai without leaving the United Arab Emirates.
Extension for travellers holding a UAE visa of 90 days is also possible, enabling an additional extension of 90 days.
All categories of tourist visas can now be extended for an additional 30 days. The visit visa extension for UAE price is around AED 1100.
Documents Required For A Dubai Visa Extension
Here are the mandatory documents required for a Dubai Visa Extension Visa
A passport copy: The passport must have at least two blank pages and be valid for at least six months from the date of return to India. Scanned copies of the first and last visa pages on your passport
A scanned copy of your colour passport-size photo taken on a white background
Sponsor's documents (such as copies of passport, Emirates ID, contact information, bank statement, etc.) will be required (only if applicable).
How To Get The UAE Visit Visa Extension Without Exit
The entry permit for tourism allows you, as the holder, to stay inside the country for 30 days, and you can extend it twice for each period of 30 days.
The same travel company that processed your tourist visa for Dubai from India must be used to extend your visa.
It is advised that you get in touch with your travel agent and ask them to arrange for you to get a Dubai visa extension.
Your Dubai evisa will be processed online and delivered directly to your email inbox. But You can also apply for a Dubai visa extension online.
Where Can I Extend The Dubai Visa For Indians
In Dubai, you can extend your visa through the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA). They have various branches and service centres across Dubai where you can inquire about visa extensions, submit your application, and complete the necessary procedures. Here are some common locations:
GDRFA Headquarters: The main GDRFA office is located in Al Jafiliya, Dubai. This is the primary location for various visa services.
Amer Centers: Amer Centers are service centres located in various malls and other convenient locations throughout Dubai. They offer a range of government services, including visa-related services.
Online: Some types of visa extensions can also be processed online through the GDRFA website or a UAE government portal. .
Steps To Apply For Dubai Visa Extension Online
Here is how you can apply for the Dubai visa extension online.
If you select the passport or travel document option, be sure to enter the information for the passport or travel document from which the visa was granted.
Select the Unified number.
Enter the Passport number/document number.
Choose Passport/document type: Choose the type of document you have. You’ll get the different document types.
Enter Date of Birth: Enter the date of birth as stated in your passport.
Enter Current nationality: Enter your current nationality on your passport.
Then, to get visa information, click the search button.
Benefits Of Dubai Visa Extension
The benefits of a Dubai visa extension include the following:
Dubai visa extension allows you to prolong your stay in the city, enjoying its attractions and opportunities for a longer period.
It provides flexibility in your travel plans, allowing you to adapt to changing circumstances or explore more of the UAE.
Extending your visa prevents overstay fines, which can be costly and inconvenient.
If you're in Dubai for work or business, a visa extension ensures you can continue your activities without interruption.
It enables longer visits with friends and family living in Dubai, strengthening personal connections.
Whether you're in Dubai for vacation, visiting friends or family, or working as a foreigner, circumstances may change, pushing the need to extend your stay or modify your visa status . This visa service proves valuable in such situations.
Dubai Visa Extension Fees
The Dubai Visa Extension of entry permit (for tourism) is 1100 AED.
This includes the request fee of 100 AED and the Issuance fee of 1100 AED. You'll have to use a Credit card as the Payment method.
How To Check Overstay Fine In UAE?
If you stay in Dubai longer than your visa allows, you'll have to pay fines. Here's how it works:
You'll be charged 50 AED for each day you overstay.
If your tourist visa has expired and you're still in the country, you'll have to pay an extra 100 AED when you leave at the border crossing point.
To find out how much you owe in overstay fines in the UAE, you can use two online methods.
Go to the official website of GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs).
Choose the appropriate file type from the dropdown menu.
For residence visa holders, select "resident."
For a visit or tourist visa holder, select "permit."
Provide the requested information as prompted.
Solve the simple math equation to complete the captcha verification.
Click the 'Submit' button.
You should then be able to view the details of your overstay fine.
Visit the official ICP (Immigration and Citizenship Platform) website.
Select the 'Public Services' option.
Click on the 'Start Service' button for 'FINES - PAY FINES - VIOLATIONS OF ENTRY PERMISSIONS OR RESIDENCES - PAY NEW FINE.'
Fill in all the necessary details as requested.
Check the captcha box and click on the 'Search' button.
The details of your due overstay fine should be displayed.
Why Choose Atlys For Your Dubai Visa?
Have you ever noticed that filling out a visa application is hard and time-consuming? You question whether you'll ever get the Dubai tourist visa because of small mistakes, missing documents, and websites that keep malfunctioning.
You can submit an error-free Dubai visa application using Atlys in under 30 minutes. Here is why you should choose Atlys for your Dubai visa application.
Simple application process; finalized in a matter of minutes!
Assist with document gathering – Atlys assists you in gathering the necessary documents.
Step-by-step guidelines are provided, and Atlys will help you at every stage!
Simply visit Atlys and start your Application immediately.
This blog covered everything about the Dubai visa extension. Now you know how to extend your stay in Dubai and the benefits of a UAE visa renewal. Happy Traveling!
Atlys keeps up-to-date by using government websites, which are like reliable news sources for important information. This blog was written with the assistance of AI. However, all the information has been verified and gathered using reputable sources such as
UAE Government .
ICP Smart Services.
Frequently Asked Questions
To change or extend an existing UAE tourist visa to a new UAE tourist visa on the same day, consumers must use a same-day visa changing service.
Dubai Visa Check: How To Check UAE Visa Status Online
This post discusses how to do a Dubai Visa Check online by Passport Number, and How to Check the Dubai Visa Validity.
Dubai Golden Visa: Benefits, Fees, And Requirements
Learn everything about the UAE Golden Visa. You will learn the benefits of the Dubai Golde visa, the requirements, and the application process.
Dubai Sponsorship Visa For Indians 2023
Learn everything about the Dubai Sponsorship Visa! Our comprehensive sponsorship visa guide will help you apply for Dubai visas hassle free!
Dubai family visa: Requirements and visa cost in Dubai 2023
Applying for a Dubai family visa doesn't have to be difficult. And with this guide, you can easily navigate the visa application process.
The Magnificent Dubai Fountain: A Spectacular Water Show!
Come and experience the beauty of Dubai’s iconic fountain show. Enjoy real-time water performances featuring works by world-renowned musical artists.
Dubai Visa For Indians | How To Get A Tourist Visa From India
How to get a Dubai tourist visa for Indians in 2023. From visa price, requirements & application, this guide has everything to plan your Dubai trip today!
UAE 5 Year Tourist Visa For Indians: How To Apply And Costs
Discover the UAE 5-Year Tourist Visa 2023: How to Apply and Costs. Explore the convenience of long-term travel to UAE. Apply now and start your UAE adventure!
Dubai Work Visa For Indians: Easy Application Process
Apply for a Dubai work visa as an Indian national! Learn about the eligibility, requirements, costs, and application process for a Dubai work visa for Indians.
Bangladesh Business Visa Application From India
Obtain your Bangladesh Business Visa hassle-free. For Indians seeking business opportunities, we discuss the application process, requirements, and more.
Bahrain Family Visa - How To Get Yours
Everything you need to know about the Bahrain Family visa for Indians captured in one post. It includes, costs, processing times, and much more.
Hong Kong Transit Visa For Indians: Fee & Requirements 2023
Planning to transit through Hong Kong? Learn about the Hong Kong Transit Visa for Indians: requirements, application process, fees, and exemptions.
Singapore Visa Photo Size and Requirements for Indians
Ensure your Singapore visa photo size meets the required specifications for a successful application. Get guidelines for dimensions and clarity.
Wed, Nov 15, 2023 | Jumada Al-Uola 1, 1445
- Expo City Dubai
- Ras Al Khaimah
- Umm Al Quwain
- Life and Living
- Visa & Immigration in UAE
- Banking in UAE
- Schooling in UAE
- Housing in UAE
- Ramadan 2023
- Saudi Arabia
- Currency Exchange
- ICC World Cup 2023
- Horse Racing
- Local Events
Dubai World Cup
- Track Notes
- Big Numbers
- Daily Updates
- Arts & Culture
- Mental Health
- UAE Attractions
- Tech Reviews
- Motoring Reviews
- Movie Reviews
- Book reviews
- Restaurant Reviews
- Young Times
- Back To School
- India Independence Day
- Pakistan Independence Day
- Graduate and Postgraduate Degree Programmes
- It’s Summer Time
- Leading Universities
- Higher Education
- Pakistan Resolution Day
- Business Management
- India Real Estate Show
- Future Of Insurance
- KT Desert Drive
- UniExpo International
- New Age Finance & Accounting Summit
- Digital Health Forum
- Future of Smart Cities
- Global Investment Forum
- UAE Holidays
- Year of the 50th
- Prayer Timings
- Cinema Listings
- Inspired Living
- Latest News
- Advertise With Us
- Visa and Immigration in UAE
UAE: No visit visa extension without exiting the country, say travel agents
Earlier due to covid-19, there was relaxation, and people didn't need to exit the country.
- Follow us on
Embracing the bright side: A guide on how to cultivate optimism
The power of solitude: Why you should go on a solo trip
How to get your kids to read: Essential tips for parents
How to boost your memory power: Psychological tricks and tips
Published: Tue 13 Dec 2022, 6:04 PM
Last updated: Wed 14 Dec 2022, 1:24 PM
Extension of UAE visit visa without exiting the country has been stopped, according to travel agents in the emirates of Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
A Dubai-based travel agent, talking to Khaleej Times, said, "Today, we have been informed by the immigration department that visit visa extension without exiting the country has been stopped. Usually, it was an inside-country visa, so people need not leave the UAE.
"Earlier, there was relaxation due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and people didn't need to exit the country. But now the relaxation has been withdrawn. This is the information we received from the immigration department."
The development was widely discussed by community members on Facebook groups and other social media platforms.
An Abu Dhabi-based travel agent said the condition to exit the country for visa renewal is a standard procedure followed in pre-pandemic days.
"Inside the country, renewals and extensions of visit visas have been stopped. You should exit the country and then apply. This is similar to norms followed in pre-pandemic days. We are now back to normalcy, and hence the relaxation has been revoked."
Another travel agent from Dubai is still awaiting an official confirmation and said the process was showing an error, and applications were getting rejected.
"Yes, applications for visit visas are getting rejected. We are waiting for an official confirmation. Last month, the immigration department reduced the 90-day visa to 60 days," he said.
- UAE: No visit visa extensions without exiting country; here's everything you need to know
- UAE: Visitors scramble for tickets to neighbouring countries following visit visa rule change
- [email protected]
More news from Life and Living
life and living
UAE: Indian cab driver who just started work wins Dh100,000 Mahzooz prize
Two other Indian expats, who never missed a single draw, also bagged the guaranteed raffle prize
life and living 1 week ago -->
Inferiority issues: How to overcome self-doubt and succeed in the workplace
In the dynamic landscape of the professional world, individuals may find themselves fighting with feelings of inferiority, stopping their ability to thrive and contribute fully in the workplace
Dubai resident to cycle from Saudi to UAE to break world record, raise Dh1 million for cancer treatment
The Australian will be attempting to beat the current mark which stands at 1 day, 17 hours and 47 minutes
'Love the vibe of the place': Book lovers flock to Sharjah International Fair
Over 2,000 publishers brought more than 1.5 million titles to the fair that will run for 12 days at the Sharjah Expo Centre
Look: Dubai Fitness Challenge transforms city into an open-air gym
Wherever you are in the emirate, there's a community fitness hub nearby waiting to inspire you on your fitness adventure
life and living 2 weeks ago -->
UAE: 5-day crackdown on illegal partitions, unlicensed rooms for rent conducted in Abu Dhabi
Overcrowding in residential areas is a serious violation punishable by fines of up to Dh1 million
Headache: Different types of headaches and their remedies
By identifying triggers and adopting lifestyle changes, you can take proactive steps to manage and reduce the frequency of headaches, paving the way for a healthier and more comfortable life
Watch: Dubai introduces self-driving electric cleaning vehicle for cycling tracks
The vehicle is eco-friendly and can operate at an average speed of 40kmph in normal mode