- Expo City Dubai
- UAE in Space
- Saudi Arabia
- Arab Showcase
- The Americas
- Travel and Tourism
- Road to Net Zero
- Fashion & Beauty
- Home & Garden
- Things to do
- Art & Design
- Film & TV
- Music & On-stage
- Pop Culture
- Combat Sports
- Horse Racing
- Trending Middle East
- Beyond the Headlines
- Culture Bites
- Pocketful of Dirhams
- Books of My Life
- Iraq: 20 Years On
- Business Extra
UAE visa rules: all you need to know about the 60-day visa for tourists
All visas can be renewed for a further 60 days.
The UAE is offering new types of visa, including options for long-stay tourists, jobseekers, accomplished professionals, star students and high-net-worth individuals. Wam
The new UAE visa rules that came into effect on October 3 allow holidaymakers to stay for 60 days at a time.
The decision to make all entry visas valid for 60 days from the date of issue ― double the previous allowance ― is one of a series of visa changes that were approved by the Cabinet in April.
Previously, there was no specific visa for tourists and those wishing to visit the UAE applied for 30-day, 60-day or 90-day visit visas.
The one, two and three-month entry permits are still available on a new visa, but mainly for people wishing to visit friends or relatives in the country, which requires documentary evidence proving the relationship and reasons for the visit.
All entry visas are available for single or multiple entry and can be renewed for a further 60 days.
Roshan Davis, manager of Golden Talent Tourism Agency in Dubai, said the change has made it easier for tourists to spend extended time in the country exploring and enjoying everything it has to offer.
“We have received more than 50 tourist visa applications from customers in the past four days,” he said.
Who is the tourist visa for?
Those who do not qualify for a visa on arrival or visa-free entry to the UAE can apply for a tourist visa.
Citizens from 69 countries and states are eligible for a visa on arrival in the UAE . Females below the age of 18 are not eligible to apply for a tourist visa unless they are travelling with their parents.
How can I apply for a tourist visa?
Visitors from countries that do not have a visa-on-arrival arrangement with the UAE can apply for their visas in advance through a travel agency or through the airline with which they are travelling.
How much does the tourist visa cost?
Mr Davis said they charge between Dh550 and Dh600 for 60-day visas and between Dh350 and Dh750 for one, two and three-month visa requests for visiting relatives.
A 60-day single entry visa with Etihad Airways costs Dh650, while a similar visa from Emirates airline costs Dh697 ($190). Both airlines offer a shorter, 30-day visa priced at Dh350 for Etihad and Dh330 ($90) for Emirates.
The UAE Today
The latest news and analysis from the Emirates
Everything to Know About the UAE’s New Visa Rules, Implementation Dates, and Eligibility
The UAE Cabinet, led by HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum , the UAE Vice President, Prime Minister, and Ruler of Dubai announced on Monday a set of administrative regulations to attract and preserve accomplished and skilled individuals in the country.
The new rules, which will be in effect from October 3 this year, will broaden the eligibility criteria to apply for long-term visas and will also increase the number of individuals who can apply for them.
Read on to know more about the new set of rules and regulations.
The new visa scheme is in its initial stages
As previously announced by the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Ports Security this week, the new rules are just beginning to be implemented, and will only be launched officially in a month. During the press briefing, the officials also said the introduction of the new UAE passport is also just in its preliminary phase and will be launched on October 3.
Earlier this year in April, the country also announced drastic changes to the UAE visa system, making it easier for both residents and visitors alike to enter the country. The changes were approved by the Vice President and Ruler of Dubai and state that the simplified strategy of 10 types of visas is a “step that supports the country’s competitiveness in the tourism, economic and educational sectors,” according to a tweet from the UAE government.
New visas for visitors
Once the new rules are thoroughly set in place, the tourist visas will be valid for 60 days, as opposed to their current validity of 30 days. A five-year, multi-entry tourist visa has also been announced and allows visitors to stay up to 90 continuous days in the UAE , although they are not allowed to go more than 180 days in a year.
Expansion of the UAE golden visa
تحديثات جديدة ضمن #الإقامة_الذهبية في المنظومة الجديدة لتأشيرات الدخول والإقامة في #الإمارات ، وتوسيع نطاق المستفيدين والمزايا لتشمل 10 سنوات قابلة للتجديد في إطار استقطاب واستبقاء أصحاب المهارات والكفاءات pic.twitter.com/i1fQrvpLo4 — UAEGOV (@UAEmediaoffice) April 18, 2022
The process for availing of the UAE golden visa has also been made easier, with simpler requirements to meet along with wider eligibility criteria. Public and real estate investors, notable talents in various fields that include art and culture, digital technology, and sport as well as an array of scientists and professionals along with frontline workers are also eligible to apply.
New five-year green visa
10 أنواع رئيسية من تأشيرات الدخول لزيارة دولة #الإمارات ضمن المنظومة الجديدة باشتراطات مبسطة ومزايا جديدة أهمها طرح تأشيرات بدون ضامن أو مستضيف ومرونة مدة بقاء الزائر في الدولة وإمكانية السفر لعدة مرات وصلاحية دخول لمدة 60 يوماً قابلة للتجديد، وآلية تقديم ضمن منصة واحدة pic.twitter.com/6uG9shlnFM — UAEGOV (@UAEmediaoffice) April 18, 2022
The five-year UAE green visa is a residency visa that will allow its holder to sponsor themselves for a period of five years without the need for company sponsorship, along with providing a host of benefits to their respective family members. The three types of UAE residents who are eligible to apply for the green visa are, freelancers or self-employed individuals, investors or partners in commercial businesses, and highly skilled workers.
تصاريح الإقامة في دولة #الإمارات ضمن المنظومة الجديدة لتأشيرات الدخول والإقامة، والتي تضم أنواع جديدة من الإقامات للمستثمرين والعمالة الماهرة وأصحاب العمل الحر وأفراد الأسرة بمزايا متنوعة تدعم مختلف القطاعات pic.twitter.com/HvyOfGGIPO — UAEGOV (@UAEmediaoffice) April 18, 2022
Residents will now be able to sponsor their unmarried sons until the age of 25, as opposed to the current age of 18, and unmarried daughters regardless of their age. Moreover, several visas, including the one-year remote working visa, five-year retirement visa, and two-year real estate owner visa will not require a sponsor anymore and can be renewed for the same period.
Read Next: Emirati Women’s Day: Powerful Words from 6 Inspiring Females from the UAE
5 exciting dining experiences to check out in abu dhabi this weekend.
Saudi Actor Adwa Bader and Director Meshal Aljaser Open Up About Their Comedy-Thriller Film, Naga
Watch: Enhypen on Their Pre-Performance Rituals, Comeback, and Abu Dhabi
Watch: Epik High on Working with Hoshi of Seventeen, and Why Their Music Will Always Be Timeless
Suggestions, vogue collection, vogue edition.
Hong Kong Chevron
© 2023 Nervora Fashion, Inc. and Condé Nast International. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached, or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Nervora Technology, Inc. and Condé Nast International.
- Entry Requirements
MOE Popular Search Keywords
Search in the website, popular search.
- Ministory of Economy
- Promising Sector
- Invest in UAE
- Future Economy
Preferred colours, night vision, translate this page to.
The Ministry is not responsible for the translation output by Google.
- Strategic Objectives
- Organisational Structure
- Senior Management
- Departments and Sectors
- Excellence Awards
- Quality Certificates
- Strategic Partners
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Integrated Management System (IMS) Policy
- Risk Management System Policy
- Asset Management System Policy
- Business Continuity Management System Policy
- Governance Policy
- Investor Navigator
- Investment Environment
- NextGen FDI
- UAE Lifestyle
- Investment Incentives
- Promising Sectors
- Foreign Investment Inflow
- Competitiveness Indicators
- Legislative Environment
- Establishing Businesses
- Set up companies via Basher
- UAE Export Development
- Investment Support Entities
- Talent Attraction & Retention
- Success Stories
- Exhibitions and Events
- Business Forums
- Investment Publications
- National Agenda for Entrepreneurship and SMEs
- National Programme
- Entrepreneurship Support Entities
- Start Your Business Journey
- Establish Your Own Business
- Cooperative Associations and Strategic Stock of Food Commodities Legislations
- Companies' Legislations
- SMEs' Legislations
- Competition and Anti-Dumping Legislations
- Commercial Transaction Legislations
- Intellectual Property Legislations
- Commercial Agency Legislations
- Consumer Protection Legislations
- Auditors Legislations
- Anti-Money Laundering Crimes Legislations
- Cabinet Resolution on the Organisational Structure of the Ministry of Economy
- Cabinet Resolution on MoE Service Fees
- Common Contracts Projects
- Cooperative Associations
- Combatting Money Laundering & Terrorism Financing
- Targeted Financial Sanctions
- Register in goAML
- Anti-Injurious Economic Practices
- Anti-Injurious Practices Complaints
- Protecting UAE Exports
- Economic Substance Regulations
- Companies Registrars
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Regional & International Organisations
- GCC Free Trade Agreements
- Economic Cooperation Map
- Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreements
- Facts about the UAE
- Emirates of the UAE
- Tourist Attractions
- Airports and Ports
- Travel to the UAE
Hotels in the UAE
- Transportation and Mobility
- Tourism Indicators
- Investing in Tourism
- Tour Guide License
- MoE Open Data
- International Trade Map
- Foreign Direct Investment Dashboard
- International Trade Relations Dashboard
- Economic Reports and Studies
- Open Data Application Form
- Open Data Policy
- Share Your Suggestions
- Contact the Ministers
- Social Media
- eParticipation Policy
- Government Initiatives
- MoEc Initiatives
- Annual Reports
- UAE Economy Magazine
- Press Materials
- Regulation of Competition
- Competition Complaints
- Economic Concentration
- Consumer Protection
- Consumer Complaints
- Request for Price Increase
- Product Recall
- Request for Product Recall
- Product Recalls Announced
AI Chat Bot
Tourist visa, travel requirements for the uae.
A tourist wishing to visit the UAE can apply for a tourist visa through the electronic channels of official and private agencies, after fulfilling the requirements for obtaining the entry visa. You can learn about the requirements for entering the UAE and the procedures regarding COVID-19 tests through the websites of the airlines, which are kept up-to-date.
Travel Requirements for the UAE - Tourist Visa
Government portals to apply for a tourist visa.
You can submit an application for a tourist visa, as well as all types of entry visas to the UAE, electronically through government portals.
- Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship
- General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs
You can apply for a visit visa through national airlines and authorised airlines in the UAE.
- Etihad Airways Visa Services
- Emirates Visa Services
- Flydubai Visa Services
- Air Arabia Visa Services
You can apply for a visit visa through one of the hotels in the UAE, adhering to the visa requirements.
You can apply for a visit visa through travel agencies in the UAE.
Embassies and Consulates
UAE embassies and consulates allow you to apply for a tourist visa.
Categories Exempt from Tourist Visa
Citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council countries do not need a visa to enter the UAE. They can enter the country after presenting their passport issued by one of the GCC countries. Citizens of a few countries can travel to the UAE and obtain an entry visa upon arrival, and the duration of stay according to this visa is up to 30 days. Citizens of other countries can obtain a visa that allows for a stay of up to 90 days upon arrival.
- Visa on arrival
There are (2) notifications for you
Thank you for your feedback
- Media Centre
- The UAE Promise
- Customer Happiness Equation
- Ministry Of Economy's E-services guide
Ministry of Economy's Unified Number
All rights reserved. Ministry of Economy
United Arab Emirates 2020
Screen resolution should be 1280x1024 for best browsing experience. Browser Compatibility: IE 11.0+, Firefox 35.0+, Safari 5.1+, Google Chrome 39.0+.
Page was last updated on:
15 Nov 2023 4:50:41 AM
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Ministry of economy dashboards app, additional components, number of visitors.
- Social Icon Title
Wed, Nov 15, 2023 | Jumada Al-Uola 1, 1445
- Expo City Dubai
- Ras Al Khaimah
- Umm Al Quwain
- Life and Living
- Visa & Immigration in UAE
- Banking in UAE
- Schooling in UAE
- Housing in UAE
- Ramadan 2023
- Saudi Arabia
- Currency Exchange
- ICC World Cup 2023
- Horse Racing
- Local Events
Dubai World Cup
- Track Notes
- Big Numbers
- Daily Updates
- Arts & Culture
- Mental Health
- UAE Attractions
- Tech Reviews
- Motoring Reviews
- Movie Reviews
- Book reviews
- Restaurant Reviews
- Young Times
- Back To School
- India Independence Day
- Pakistan Independence Day
- Graduate and Postgraduate Degree Programmes
- It’s Summer Time
- Leading Universities
- Higher Education
- Pakistan Resolution Day
- Business Management
- India Real Estate Show
- Future Of Insurance
- KT Desert Drive
- UniExpo International
- New Age Finance & Accounting Summit
- Digital Health Forum
- Future of Smart Cities
- Global Investment Forum
- UAE Holidays
- Year of the 50th
- Prayer Timings
- Cinema Listings
- Inspired Living
- Latest News
- Advertise With Us
- Visa and Immigration in UAE
UAE visit visas: 6 recent changes you need to know
From new fee to in-country extension being suspended, multiple processes have been revised.
- Follow us on
Embracing the bright side: A guide on how to cultivate optimism
The power of solitude: Why you should go on a solo trip
How to get your kids to read: Essential tips for parents
How to boost your memory power: Psychological tricks and tips
Published: Fri 20 Jan 2023, 6:00 AM
Last updated: Sat 21 Jan 2023, 10:48 AM
The UAE has introduced several changes in its visa procedures as part of the sweeping reforms known as the Advanced Visa System, which came into effect in October 2022. Introduced by the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security (ICP), it was one of the largest residency and entry permit reforms in the UAE.
Since then, several developments have happened in the visit visa system of the country. In the latest move today, the fees for issuing Emirates ID, visit, and residency visas in the UAE have been increased.
Khaleej Times puts together a list of 6 changes that have occurred in the visit visa system since the reforms came into effect.
No visit visa extensions from within the country: Visit visa holders do not have the option to extend their visas beyond its stipulated term from within the country. Those with a visiting visa but wanting to continue staying in the country must exit the UAE and then reenter on a new visit visa. “Visitors have the option of extending their visas for one month at a cost,” said Afi Ahmed, Managing Director, Smart Travels. “After that they must exit the country either through air or land and can re-enter.”
Increase in fee: The fees for issuing Emirates IDs and visas increased . The new costs apply to all services rendered by the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP), as confirmed by a representative. As per the new rules, Emirates ID will now cost Dh370 instead of Dh270; and the fee to issue a one-month visit visa is Dh370 instead of Dh270.
5-year multiple entry visa: With the visa, tourists can enter the UAE multiple times on self-sponsorship and remain in the country for 90 days during each visit. Holders can extend the visas for 90 days in addition to the initial 90 days without leaving the country. According to authorities, the visa allows families outside the country to spend more time with their loved ones in the UAE. People applying for the multiple entry visa need to provide supporting documents including bank statement for the last six months with a balance of $4,000 or its equivalent in foreign currencies, proof of UAE health insurance, copy of the flight ticket and proof of residence, like an invitation letter from friends and family in the UAE.
Overstay fine: Visitors who overstay their visit visa duration must pay their overstay fine and obtain an out pass or leave permit at an additional cost before exiting the country. “This is applicable to visitors who are exiting through Dubai,” said a spokesperson for Deira travels. “The out pass is not required by visitors you are leaving from other emirates.”
60 days visas resumed: The issuing of 60 days visit visas was resumed in the UAE after the reforms. Currently, 30-day visit visas and 60-day visit visas are being issued for those wanting to visit the country.
Entry permit to visit relatives or friends: As per the current amendment, a visitor can apply for this entry permit if he/she is a relative or friend of a UAE citizen or resident. It does not require them to go through a travel agency. “The friend or relative can sponsor the visitor by paying a refundable deposit of Dhs. 1000,” said Praveen Chowdhary from Saffron Travels and Tourism.
- Abu Dhabi Golden Visa now valid for 10 years for all categories
- Dubai tourist visa: Visitors must pay overstay fines, up to Dh300 for outpass to exit country
- UAE visit visa change: Travel agents offer same-day visa status change with airport-to-airport packages
More news from Life and Living
life and living
UAE: Indian cab driver who just started work wins Dh100,000 Mahzooz prize
Two other Indian expats, who never missed a single draw, also bagged the guaranteed raffle prize
life and living 1 week ago -->
Inferiority issues: How to overcome self-doubt and succeed in the workplace
In the dynamic landscape of the professional world, individuals may find themselves fighting with feelings of inferiority, stopping their ability to thrive and contribute fully in the workplace
Dubai resident to cycle from Saudi to UAE to break world record, raise Dh1 million for cancer treatment
The Australian will be attempting to beat the current mark which stands at 1 day, 17 hours and 47 minutes
'Love the vibe of the place': Book lovers flock to Sharjah International Fair
Over 2,000 publishers brought more than 1.5 million titles to the fair that will run for 12 days at the Sharjah Expo Centre
Look: Dubai Fitness Challenge transforms city into an open-air gym
Wherever you are in the emirate, there's a community fitness hub nearby waiting to inspire you on your fitness adventure
life and living 2 weeks ago -->
UAE: 5-day crackdown on illegal partitions, unlicensed rooms for rent conducted in Abu Dhabi
Overcrowding in residential areas is a serious violation punishable by fines of up to Dh1 million
Headache: Different types of headaches and their remedies
By identifying triggers and adopting lifestyle changes, you can take proactive steps to manage and reduce the frequency of headaches, paving the way for a healthier and more comfortable life
Watch: Dubai introduces self-driving electric cleaning vehicle for cycling tracks
The vehicle is eco-friendly and can operate at an average speed of 40kmph in normal mode
Type your keywords
- Golden Visa
- Business or Company Setup
- Parent Visa
- Spouse Visa
- Employment Visa Service
- Corporate PRO Service
- Investor Visa Service
- DED Services
- Immigration Service
- Municipality Service
- Attestation Service
- Translation Service
New Laws made for Dubai Tourist visa or Visit visas in 2023?
Home » New Laws made for Dubai Tourist visa or Visit visas in 2023?
The UAE is changing its immigration policies, making it easier to obtain a Dubai tourist visa. These changes have come into effect from Monday, 3 October 2022. One of the major improvements is a Dubai multiple-entry visa that does not need a sponsor. This allows tourists to stay for up to 90 days on each visit, which is renewable. However, in this blog, we are going to discuss the new rules and regulations imposed by the Dubai government for a Dubai visit visa and visit visa. Let us have a look:
Four Types of Tourist Visa
There are four varieties of visitor visas:
For a short-term, single-entry Dubai tourist visa price will be 250 AED. This visa is valid for 30 days from the date of entrance and it is not extendable.
The cost is 690 AED for a short-term, multiple-entry tourist visa that is valid for 30 days from the date of entrance and it is not extendable.
A long-term, single-entry tourist visa costs 600 AED. It is valid for 90 days from the date of admission and it is not extendable.
The cost is 1740 AED for a long-term, multiple-entry tourist visa. That is valid for 90 days from the date of entrance and it is not extendable.
Please be aware that the overstaying fees are 200 AED for an outpass in addition to 100 AED every day. If the overstaying is even less than 30 days, customers can pay at the GDRFA-D HQ or the DUBAI airports when they leave the country. If it has been longer than 30 days, you can only pay at the GDRFA-D HQ.
Multi-entry tourist visa.
A Dubai multiple-entry visa is a type of travel permit that allows a person to enter a certain country more than once within its validity period. It is in contrast to a single-entry visa, which only permits a person to enter a particular country once and then expires.
Dubai tourist visa is issued for tourists and business travelers. They can use it for up to five years, and each visit must last at least 90 days.
In order to get a multiple-entry visa, you should provide the following documents:
- Your passport copy
- Confirmed ticket for your stay in the UAE
- You may also need to provide a letter of invitation from a hotel or an airline that will be hosting you during your trip.
You can apply for a five-year multiple-entry tourist visa online through the ICA or GDRFA website. You can either upload the required documents yourself or hire an agency to do it for you.
Business Entry Visa
Dubai has a booming business sector, which attracts hundreds and thousands of international business delegates from different countries. However, it is essential to have a valid Dubai visa before visiting the country.
One of the most popular visas is the Business Entry Visa . It is available to those who are working for qualifying companies or organizations in Dubai.
It allows foreign nationals to visit the UAE for a period of 5 years to perform business activities. They can stay up to 90 days at a time and enter or exit the UAE as many times as they wish within that period.
This type of visa is suitable for business travelers. Especially, who need to travel frequently and stay no longer than a few months at a time. It is also a good option for business owners who plan to move to the UAE in the future and have a local sponsor.
In addition, the Business ETA is available for foreign nationals who plan to study in Dubai. As long as they complete their studies in fewer than three months. It is also available for business owners and employees who plan to live in Dubai as residents.
Family Entry Visa
Countless expatriates are currently living in Dubai, and they have a need to bring their family members to the UAE. To fulfill this need, the UAE government has introduced a family entry visa. That permits foreign nationals to enter the country and sponsor their families.
The new rules for the family visa have come into effect on 3 October 2022. The license will be substantial for a time of 60 days. In addition, it is renewable for a similar amount of time as well. However, the Dubai visit visa price or tourist visa price is almost similar. But this varies from country to country.
In order to apply for a family visa, ex-pats need to follow the right channels. Moreover, submit their documents as per requirements. These may include an embassy, consulate, or VHS global office.
Aside from the required documents, the applicant must also undergo a medical examination as per the guidelines of the UAE government. The medical must be done from an approved hospital. In the case of minors, they must also submit a notarized letter from the parents or legal guardian.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- Other languages
- Information and services
- About the UAE
- Visa and Emirates ID
The UAE grants a foreigner a multi-entry or one-entry visa that allows him/her to visit the country for a specific purpose. A visit visa is also called an entry permit , and its purposes include tourism, vising a friend or a relative, a mission, exploring business or job opportunities, treatment, study and training, and transit.
- Government services around the clock
- Moving to the UAE
- العربية Other languages
UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023: What has changed?
Table of Contents
The UAE is constantly updating their regulations regarding visas. Most recently, the authorities have announced the UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023 that are aimed at tourists that want to stay longer in the Emirates.
In this article, you are going to get more insight into the UAE visit visa extension new rules and which options you have to lengthen your stay in Dubai. Let’s observe:
- Get to know the new UAE Visit visa extension new rules 2023
- Leaving the UAE to renew a visit visa is now mandatory
- Learn about the extension options for on-arrival nationals
- See the extension options for Prepaid/Pre-arranged visa holders
- Understand what you can do to extend your visa once it is cancelled
- Connect Resources is your go-to option for visa services
1. Get to know the new UAE Visit visa extension new rules 2023
The UAE is a country that attracts thousands of visitors throughout the year. Recently, the UAE Authorities announced there was a new entry system in the UAE , which established the procedures individuals had to follow to be able to enter the country.
Now, the Emirati Government is enforcing the UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023, which state that visit visa holders cannot renew or extend their visas from within the country.
Nevertheless, it is important to point out that this was the rule previously, but they changed it when they announced the UAE visit visa extension new rules 2021 as part of humanitarian concerns due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Given that travel became difficult during the lockdown, the UAE allow individuals with a visit visa to renew or extend their stay without exiting the country. This was aimed to support employers in the UAE during the COVID-19 crisis and to relieve this burden from travellers since there were no worries about having to fly outside the country.
This regulation continued even during last year, so there were no UAE visit visa extension new rules 2022. However, now that travel is back to normal due to open borders, the UAE Government has decided to revert the rules to how they were earlier.
It is worth noting that these rules also apply to those that have landed a job and need a UAE Employment Visa and to those that want to change their visa status.
1.1 Understanding the UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023
These new regulations were announced by the UAE Government, and they came into effect on December 23, 2022. Thus, this caused the discontinuation of within-the-country visa extensions in the UAE.
Although many are opting for an airport-to-airport visa change, it can be costly for some individuals and their family members. Nevertheless, there is also the option to leave by bus to Oman and re-enter the UAE, but this has been in high demand and is not available for everyone.
The UAE also announced some new visa reforms in October 2022. One of the reforms is that tourists can get a 60-day visit visa and they can choose the extension. For example, they can choose between single and multiple entries, of durations between 30-60 days.
About permits cancelled by sponsors or employers, individuals can apply for a new tourist visa without any issues. So, it is the perfect choice for those that want to stay for a little while in the UAE while they decide what to do.
Schedule a Consultation Call with our expert
Let our experts help you find the Best Solution in Middle East
Get started today
2. Leaving the UAE to renew a visit visa is now mandatory
Since as part of the UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023 it is now mandatory to leave the country, individuals need to follow the best advice to know which steps they should take next.
One of the first effects that this new regulation caused is that there has been a massive increase in demand for flight or bus tickets. Travellers in the UAE go to neighbouring countries like Kuwait , Bahrain , Saudi Arabia , and others to make the status change.
This is because individuals are advised to exit the country and re-enter to extend or request a new visa.
It is important to point out that individuals have to be careful with the grace period of the UAE Visa since they must leave the country or arrange the status change so they do not have to pay to overstay fines in the UAE .
2.1 Comprehend which options are available to exit the country and re-enter the UAE
Here we have the most popular options for tourists as these UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023 take effect:
- Exit the UAE by bus: this is the cheapest option since visitors can exit the country to Oman and request a visa change. However, this option is only available for those individuals from the Philippines, India, Sri Lanka and Nepal. Also, buses are running at full capacity, so it will probably be difficult to get a bus ticket.
- Airport-to-Airport: the airport visa change is also very common, however, it is a little more expensive. The process consists in travelling outside the UAE and then re-entering to make the visa change.
Many individuals want to know if there is still the possibility to extend the visa from within the UAE. Dubai allowed visitors to do the extension within the city, but now that is also suspended. Therefore, people have to leave the country and apply for a new visa.
Those that have to apply for a Dubai Transit Visa do not have to worry about this news, since this does not affect them.
2.2 Renew your tourist visa by the border with Oman
In case you are not sure about your visa validity, you can always check your UAE Visa with your passport number . Thus, you can see up to which date you can stay legally in the country.
If you would like to renew your visa, you can exit the country and travel to Oman. Here is the process you have to follow:
- You need to purchase a bus ticket to Oman, or you can also self-drive to the border
- Pay the exit and entry fee for Oman
- Re-enter the UAE and apply for an on-arrival visa.
If your country is not eligible for an on-arrival visa, you have to apply for a prepaid visa.
2.3 Get a new visa with an airport-to-airport visa change
The other option available for extending your visit visa is to do an airport-to-airport change. You will have to follow the next steps:
- Select the nearest Middle East airport to where you would like to travel. Keep in mind that flight tickets are in high demand, so it will probably be difficult to find one.
- Prepare all the documents you will need to exit and re-enter the country, like a visa copy, a passport colour copy, and a photograph with a white background.
- Book your visa change ticket as per the availability. This is a special flight ticket which has a visa change stamp.
- Once you get to the airport, you will get an exit stamp and boarding pass.
- Fly to the chosen airport and come back to the UAE
- Get your new UAE Visa and enter the country to continue residing for the stipulated time
In case you are applying for an immigration change status to UAE resident, make sure to find out everything about the Dubai UAE Visa Stamping .
Regarding the pre-entry visa Oman requests to visitors, it is not necessary to do this process as long as you get a visa change air ticket.
Also, you can fly back to your home country and arrange a new visa, but this method can be very costly. The flight ticket can be much more expensive than to a nearby country. Moreover, perhaps you will have to buy a return ticket too, for when you exit your country.
Therefore, it is important to consider your choices very carefully for extending your UAE visa. Since the airport-to-airport is the most common one, then you can book a flight with your visa change ticket and solve this matter easily.
3. Learn about the extension options for on-arrival nationals
Individuals that can apply for a 30-day on-arrival visa can extend their document by following any of the next procedures:
- Extension of on-arrival visa: the individual can extend the on-arrival visa for 30 more days. This visa has a 10-day grace period and during this time the individual can exit and get the new on-arrival visa.
- Apply for a prepaid visa: the individual can apply for a prepaid visa (if eligible) and exit the country. Then, they can re-enter and get a 60-day prepaid visa.
In the case of those with a 90-day on-arrival visa, they can do the following:
- Exit the UAE and apply for a prepaid visa: this is the cheapest option. They can leave the country through the border and enter with a 30 or 60-day prepaid visa.
- Get an e-Visa: individuals can do the airport-to-airport visa change and get an express 30 or 60-day e-Visa.
You can request an extension for your tourist visa, even if it is a single-entry or a five-year multi-entry tourist visa .
4. See the extension options for Prepaid/Pre-arranged visa holders
According to the UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023, those that are not eligible for on-arrival visas, can apply for a prepaid UAE visa before their arrival to the UAE.
The options you have available are the following:
- Renew your prepaid visa twice: if you have got your prepaid visa with a sponsor, you can extend it for 30 more days. However, there are still no clarifications about the new reform, so it is essential to wait until there are updates about it.
- Bus to Oman: some nationalities can get a bus to Oman to get access to visa run services with stay options.
- Airport to airport: as with any other type of visa, prepaid visa holders can also fly to a near airport of another Middle Eastern country and get back to apply for a new visa.
5. Understand what you can do to extend your visa once it is cancelled
If you follow the process for UAE Visa Cancellation 2023 , you must know that you have two options. You can either apply for a new visa, perhaps a self-sponsored UAE visa , or just leave the country.
As part of the UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023, you can request a tourist visa and stay longer in the country if you have not finished what you have to do.
So, if you cancel your UAE visa, you should know you have a 30-day grace period to determine what you will do next. During this time, if you want to leave permanently, you can settle all your credit cards, loans, tenancy contract, mobile bills, and others, and book your flight for your next destination.
In case you are switching jobs, or you would like to stay longer, you can apply for a tourist visa with any of the other methods mentioned. Keep in mind that if you stay for more than 30 days, which is your grace period, you will incur overstaying. This can lead you to pay an AED 50 fine for each day.
If you are facing any issues like your employer delaying visa cancellation , you need to look for assistance. This is because you need to cancel your visa or you could face a UAE travel ban .
6. Connect Resources is your go-to option for visa services
Given the UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023, it may be difficult for visitors and non-residents to stay longer in the Emirates.
Here at Connect Resources, we can provide the best assistance for getting your visa, renewal, cancellation and more with our UAE Visa Services .
Feel free to contact us to learn more about how we can support you to extend your tourist visa or to get any other type of UAE Visa provided you are eligible. Call us at +971 43 316 688 or send us an email at conta[email protected] . We are gladly waiting to hear from you!
UAE New Labour Law 2023: Everything You Need To Know
How check your WPS Salary in UAE 2023: Perfect Guide
UAE Visa Change Without Exit Country: New Rules 2023
Let’s Stay In Touch!
Join Now & Get Exclusive Updates About Business
Subscribe to our newsletter
Dubai Visit Visa New Rules
Make sure to read the new rules application for Dubai visit visa which was updated in 2023. Every tourist visiting to UAE must be aware of this new rules and regulations. Dubai has emerged as one of the most important hubs for tourism and business. With each passing year, the number of tourists visiting Dubai is constantly growing. Latest figures show that the number of tourists who visited Dubai in 2017 stands at more than 5 million. With one of the biggest migrant populations in the world, complete with swanky air-conditioned malls and a plethora of other forms of entertainment, no wonder Dubai attracts such huge numbers of tourists. It is also one of the biggest commercial hubs in the world and that brings in a huge number of businessmen who come to conduct business in Dubai.
Dubai Visit Visa New Rules as updated on Sept 2023. (New visa Requirement)
Commitment letter of return * Hotel reservation/Place of stay – Page 1 * 6 months bank statement – Page 1 * Personal Photo * Return air ticket – Page 1 * Sponsored Passport page 1 *
-Address proof of relative/friend – Page 1 * -Commitment letter of return * -Emirates ID of acquaintance – Front * -Hotel reservation/Place of stay – Page 1 * -6 months bank statement – Page 1 * -Personal Photo * -Return air ticket – Page 1 * -Sponsored Passport page 1 *
-Commitment letter of return * -Hotel reservation/Place of stay – Page 1 * -Invitation letter * -6 months bank statement – Page 1 * -Personal Photo * -Return air ticket – Page 1 * -Sponsored Passport page 1 *
So if you are planning to spend your next vacation in Dubai, we are here to help you with the most important aspect of foreign travel, the Visa. We are now going to discuss the various visas and the new rules of Dubai visit visas.
- The first type of visa is the 30 days visa on arriva l. In this category, the citizens of a number of select countries can avail visa on arrival for 30 days. There is also a 10 days grace period for the tourist visa.
- The next type of visa is the service visa. It is valid for 14 days from the date of entry and is not renewable. The holders of this visa cannot prolong their stay in Dubai, if they wish to do so, and will have to leave the country after 14 days.
- Next comes the short term visit visa. This visa is for a period of 30 days from the date of entry. The short-term visit visa is best suited for people who are planning their next vacation in Dubai or have relatives living there.
- The longest visa period is of the long-term visit visa . It has a period of 90 days and is valid from the day of entry into Dubai.
- There is also a dedicated tourist visa which is valid for a period of 30 days and is very beneficial for tourists visiting Dubai.
- There is also a transit visa which is for 96 hours and is for passengers who are traveling to other countries but have a layover in Dubai.
There are many important facts and rules that you have to keep in mind if you are applying for any of the above-mentioned visas. Some of the most important rules are as follows.
- The nationality and the duration of the visit of the person matter a lot when it comes to applying for a Dubai visa.
- GCC nationals can avail visa on arrival for a duration of 30 days starting from the day of entry.
- For citizens of other countries, they must have a valid passport and which has a validity of at least six months.
- Travelers have to be sponsored by their relatives living in Dubai or bt the travel agency which is organizing their tour. Sponsorship is very important and without this, the person will not be issued a visa.
- Documents and paperwork have to be on point. If anything is found to be not matching or is wrong then the visa application of the person has a high chance of getting rejected.
- If a spouse is being sponsored then there has to be a marriage certificate and it has to be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of UAE or the embassy of the country of the applicant.
We hope that this article will help you in getting your Dubai visa smoothly and effortlessly.
Dubai Visa Information for Jordan Resident
UAE Visa Information for Filipino
Dubai Visa for Egypt Resident
Visit Visa Extension Dubai UAE: Quick Guide 2023
Visit Visa Extension Dubai UAE : Welcome to the vibrant city of Dubai, where your adventure is just beginning! If your time in this dazzling emirate has been so incredible that you’re dreaming of staying a bit longer, we’ve got great news for you. Extending your UAE visa is easier than you might think. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the entire process, from the new rules in 2023 to essential documents, fees, processing times, and where to apply online and offline. So, let’s dive in and ensure your Dubai experience continues stress-free!
Table of Contents
Understanding the New Rules: As of 2023, Dubai has introduced new rules for visa extensions, making it more convenient for travelers. You can now extend your UAE visa for 30 days, ensuring a maximum stay of 120 days. This extension applies to various categories of visas, including tourist visas.
How to Apply Online: Getting your Dubai visa extension online is a breeze. Follow these detailed steps:
Prepare Required Documents:
– Passport Copy: Make sure your passport has at least two blank pages and is valid for six months from your planned return date.
– Passport-Sized Photo: Scan a passport-sized photo of yourself against a white background.
– Sponsor’s Documents: If you have a sponsor, gather their documents, including passport copies, Emirates ID, contact information, and bank statements.
Visit the GDRFA Website:
– Head to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) website, the official platform for visa services.
Visit the GDRFA Website
Fill in Your Details:
– Select the appropriate file type (e.g., “permit” for tourist visas).
– Provide the requested information, including your passport number, date of birth, and current nationality as per your passport.
– Pay the visa extension fee, which is approximately AED 1100. You can use a credit card for this payment.
Check Your Email:
– After you’ve successfully submitted your application and made the payment, keep an eye on your email inbox. Your Dubai e-visa will be processed online and sent directly to your email.
Where to Apply Offline:
Dubai offers various offline options for visa extensions. Here are some common locations:
1. GDRFA Headquarters: The primary office located in Al Jafiliya, Dubai, provides a wide range of visa services, including extensions.
2. Amer Centers: These centers, situated in malls and convenient locations across Dubai, offer government services, including visa-related services. You can inquire about visa extensions, submit your application, and complete the necessary procedures here.
3. Online: Some visa extensions can also be processed through the GDRFA website or a UAE government portal, offering a convenient alternative to in-person visits.
Visa Extension Fees:
The Dubai Visa Extension for entry permits (tourism) costs approximately AED 1100. This fee includes a request fee of AED 100 and an issuance fee of AED 1000. To make this payment, use a credit card.
The Dubai visa extension process is efficient. You can expect a quick turnaround time for your e-visa to be delivered to your email inbox. It’s advisable to apply for an extension a few days before your current visa expires to ensure a seamless transition.
Staying in Dubai beyond your visa’s expiration date can result in fines. Here’s a detailed overview:
– AED 50 per day for overstaying.
– An additional AED 100 when leaving the country after an expired tourist visa.
You can check the details of your overstay fine through the official websites of GDRFA and ICP (Immigration and Citizenship Platform).
Conclusion: Extending your Dubai visa is a straightforward process that allows you to continue enjoying this incredible city. Whether you’re here for leisure, work, or family, this visa extension ensures you have the flexibility to make the most of your Dubai experience. So, if you find yourself captivated by Dubai’s charm and want to stay a little longer, go ahead and extend your visa with ease. Your adventure in this magnificent city awaits!
Visit Visa Extension Dubai UAE
Q: how long can i extend my dubai visit visa under the new rules in 2023.
A: You can extend your Dubai visit visa for 30 or 60 days under the new rules. For an additional 30 days, you can apply from within the nation. However, the maximum number of days you can stay in the UAE in a year is 120 days, so you can’t exceed this limit.
Q: Can I extend my Dubai Visa on Arrival without leaving the UAE?
A: Yes, you can extend your Dubai Visa on Arrival without leaving the UAE. The extension for travelers holding 90-day tourist visas is also possible, enabling an additional 90-day extension.
Q: What documents are required for a Dubai visa extension?
A: To extend your Dubai visa, you will typically need a passport copy with at least two blank pages valid for at least six months from your return date to India. You’ll also need a scanned copy of your passport-size photo taken on a white background. Sponsor’s documents may be required if applicable.
Q: How can I apply for a Dubai visa extension online?
A: To apply for a Dubai visa extension online, you will need to visit the official website of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) or a UAE government portal. Enter your passport and visa information, and follow the steps to apply for an extension.
5. Q: Are there overstay fines for staying longer in Dubai than my visa allows?
A: Yes, overstay fines apply if you stay in Dubai longer than your visa permits. You will be charged 50 AED for each day you overstay. If your tourist visa has expired and you’re still in the country, you’ll have to pay an extra 100 AED when you leave at the border crossing point. You can check the details of your overstay fines on the GDRFA website or the Immigration and Citizenship Platform (ICP) website.
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Home / UAE Tourist Visa Extension
UAE Tourist Visa Extension Options 2023
Have you visited UAE with an on-arrival visa? Is your prepaid visa on the brink of expiry? Has your resident visa been cancelled recently? Whatever your visa situation, check out our UAE tourist visa extension options and get in touch with us for a seamless visa change service.
Table Of Contents
- 2. For on arrival nationals
- 3. For prepaid visa holders
- 4. For Cancelled Residents
- 5. New rules - 2020
- 6. UAE new work week 2022
- 7. Expiring passport
- 8. COVID-19 & Exemptions
- 9. Frequently Asked
Written By Arabiers Digital & Reviewed by Khalid Al Suwaidi
September 27, 2023 | 13 min read
20 days extension
Only for 30 days on arrival nationals
30 days extension
Only Prepaid visa holders
30 days new tourist visa
Airport to Airport visa change return flight ticket
60 days new tourist visa
For All nationals
30 days express visa
Travelers who exit Boarder & other country
60 days express visa
90 days leisure visa
Upon you exit by your self
90 days in country visa
Without exit & with changes status
Extension Options For On Arrival Nationals
- 30 days on arrival nationals
- 90 days on arrival nationals
Andorra, Australia, Brunei, Canada, China, Hong Kong-China, Japan, Kazakhstan, Macau-China, Malaysia, Mauritius, Monaco, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, San Marino, Singapore, Ukraine, United Kingdom and Northern Ireland, United States of America, Vatican City
Your 30 days free on arrival visa can be extended for another 30 days, it's a paid extension that costs approximately 990 AED. If in case you have missed to calculating, still UAE government gives you 10 days grace period and gives you an extension for another 20 days. Altogether you get 60 days from day 1 to exit.
If in case you do not like the long drive to Oman, you can opt for exit via airport.
Book Airport to airport visa change ticket with Arabiers – Lower cost than flying other destinations
Fly nearest Middle east country (Ex: Oman) & Exit UAE
Fly back within an hour to UAE
Enter again with the 30 days on arrival or ask Arabiers Express 60 days
If in case you need to stay longer then 60 days you can choose this option
On your last of your visa or before the day of expriry you can exit to any country or your home country.
As soon as exit, you can send us the exit stamp and the passport copy .
Wait till visa get approved
Get the 90 days UAE tourist visa visa email
Come back to have an extended stay in UAE.
If in case you need to stay 90 days without exiting the county you can get the in country 90 days tourist visa
Before 5 days of your current visa expiry contact us
Send us the passport copy, current visa or on arrival entry stamp and photo .
In 3-5 days your tourist visa will done.
We will get your change status done from your old visa to new visa .
Continue your stay for another 90 days without exit.
Argentina, Austria, Bahamas Islands, Barbados, Belgium, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, El-Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Kiribati, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldives, Malta, Montenegro, Nauru, Netherlands, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Serbia, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Uruguay.
- Brazil passport holders are eligible for a 90 day on arrival visa, which is valid for 365 days. This visa permits a total stay of 90 days which can be used within a one year duration.
- South Korean passport holders are eligible for 90 days straight stay visas.
If you are looking for lower cost option, you may contact Arabiers for this option.
Set a date of exiting after finding the last day of your on arrival
Self-drive to Oman border
Exit UAE via Oman borders
Arabiers will apply for express visa for 30 or 60 days
Get the e-Visa and enter UAE
If in case do not like the long drive, you can option to exit via airport
Book Airport to airport visa change package with Arabiers
Fly nearest middle east country (Ex: Oman) & Exit UAE
Wait for Arabiers express 30 or 60 days e-Visa
Once you finish your 90 days free on arrival and wanted to stay another 90 days you can choose this option
On your last of your visa or before the day of expriry you can exit to any country or your home country
As soon as exit, you can send us the exit stamp and the passport copy
Get the 90 days UAE tourist visa visa via email
Come back to have an extended stay in UAE
If in case you need to stay 90 days without exiting the county after you finish your on arrival visa days you can opt for this option
Before 5 days of your current on arrival visa expiry contact us
Send us the passport copy, current visa or on arrival entry stamp and photo
In 3-5 days your tourist visa will done
We will get your change status done from your old visa to new visa
Continue your stay for another 90 days without exit
UAE visa Extension options for Prepaid / Pre-Arranged Visa Holders
Those who are not eligible to get on arrival visas need to arrange a prepaid visa / UAE prepaid tourist visa before arriving to UAE. After prepaid visa holders arrive in UAE, below are the options to extend your stay while nearing your visa expiry. We have listed below options for extending your stay in UAE
- 1. Renewing your UAE tourist visa – Twice
2. Dubai Visa Run to Oman
3. airport to airport visa change, 1. renewing your prepaid tourist visa twice.
If you have obtained visa from an airline or tour operator, it's a sponsored prepaid tourist visa, and they can be extended twice for 30 days, the new reform yet to be clarified about this option, we will update soon
Nationals are eligible to get on arrival visa to Oman using this self drive option to exit UAE via Oman borders and reentering the UAE with the on arrival or prepaid visa, this extension method is famous among the on arrival nation. All 30 days on arrival nationals get another free visa by doing this visa run, and 90 days arrival nationals need to get a prepaid visa after exiting
A Most famous option among the prepaid visa holders flying to the nearest middle east airport and come back to UAE and wait for the visa and get back
Send your documents via WhatsApp.
Previous visa copy, clear colour scan of passport and photo of the applicants with a white background. Also, send us the residence visa page of the reference person.
Please send us the receipt
Book a visa change ticket.
We will book a visa change ticket at the available time slots. A visa change ticket is a special ticket with a visa change stamp.
Get an exit stamp & boarding pass via WhatsApp
Reach the airport by 8am and send us a photo of your exit stamp and boarding pass before 9am. Regardless of your flight timing, the airport allows you to get your exit stamp and boarding pass early.
Fly and come back
Fly from UAE and come back to UAE.
Get New UAE Visa via WhatsApp
Get the new visas from us through WhatsApp.
Enter UAE with the new visa.
For Cancelled Residents
Anyone who gets their UAE Residence visa cancelled will get 30-60 days grace period based on the UAE immigration to make their next move in UAE. The grace period is free. Those who want to fly out can take up this time to prepare themselves by settling all (tenancy contracts, mobile bills, credit cards, loans & home connections) & leave. Those who are switching job or want to stay longer then grace period to finish their issues can obtain a tourist visa with the Oman visa run, airport to airport visa change or flying somewhere and returning. Overstaying after the grace period will result in fines worth 50 AED for each day with the new rule in 2023.
UAE visa extension new rules - 2023
A new UAE visa rule has been implemented, allowing Dubai residents to sponsor friends and family for stays of up to 90 days if they are outside the country. The application for this visa can be made through the GDFRA website, a mobile application, or the Amer centre. This type of visa is known as a UAE visit visa for relatives and Friends for 90 days. The authorities are yet to disclose extension details for this type of visa. Source: ICP
The new visa extension reforms, which came into effect on December 23, 2022, led to the discontinuation of the within-the-country tourist visa extensions in the UAE. Most visitors are now opting for the Airport to airport visa change & Oman visa run visa extension options. These easy in-country visa extension options came into effect due to the Covid pandemic & travel restrictions. Source: Arabiers Visa processing team
As per UAE's new visa reforms, individuals in UAE from October 3, 2022, onwards will get a 60-day visit in the country visa. Now visitors may choose extensions between single and multiple entries for 30 or 60 days & all nationalities can avail of these extension options. Source: ICP
Individuals Whose permits were cancelled by their sponsors or employers in UAE can obtain a new tourist visa without exiting the UAE by choosing inside country visa change without exit (Source: Gulf News, June 06, 2020)
The Royal Police of Oman announced on 25 th October 2019 that all nationalities visiting Oman should apply for a pre-entry visa to be able to enter the country. This rule is effective from 1 st November 1, 2019 onwards, and individuals opting for an Oman visa run to extend their visas need to plan in advance (Source: The National 19 th November 2019)
Nationalities eligible for on arrival UAE visas can extend their visit from an on-arrival visa to a prepaid visa without leaving the UAE.
Travel insurance that covers COVID-19 is now available in UAE. Individuals extending their visit or UAE tourist visas without exiting the country are encouraged to get it in case of unfavourable situations.
Indian with USA Visa, EU Residence permit & UK Residence permit holders get on-arrival UAE tourist visa cost of 100 AED on arrival. You will also be charged a 20 AED service charge, after which you can proceed to the passport control counter & you are eligible to stay for 14 days. According to the sources, this period can be extended once for a period of another 14 days by paying a renewal fee of 250 AED plus a 20 AED service charge in immigration centres. If the Indian traveller overstays this time duration, they will be charged a fine of 100 AED for every extra day stayed in UAE and 200 AED for the departure permit. Any Indian travel travellers who wish to extend them on-arrival visas are advised to visit immigration or the airport directly & if wanted to stay 1 or 2-month visa can contact us. Source: Gulf News
UAE New work week 2023
Following the UAE government's plan to reduce the working week to four and a half days, UAE immigration will do the same. This is in line with the country's ambition to become the region's most effective and efficient corporate and economic development hub.
Beginning January 1, 2022, the weekend on Saturday and Sunday, as well as limited working hours on Friday, will affect Arabiers' UAE tourist visa renewal service. Those wishing to stay in the UAE longer should apply for extensions and in-country visas during the new work week, which runs from Monday to Friday. It is better to get your extension or in-country done before your current visa expires and to have your status changed a day before your current visa expires.
Expiring visas, Passport & Validity
To be able to apply for a new tourist visa in UAE, your passport must have minimum 6 months of validity. While you are in the UAE, you may need to renew your passport. If you are an on-arrival or pre-arranged visa & your passport expiry is approaching, we advise you to renew your passport way ahead of time. Otherwise, you can end up paying overstay fines. After renewing your passport, you can easily exit and come with the new tourist visa with the options explained.
And your current visa based on your nationality it would vary the expiry date, you may check on Official UAE websites only
- echannels.moi.gov.ae (Abu Dhabi)
- GDRFA (Dubai)
Reforms and Updates related to UAE visa Extension 2023
- September 27, 2023 The United Arab Emirates is contemplating the implementation of a new visa system, as announced by Economy Minister Abdulla bin Touq Al Marri. This system is designed to simplify travel for residents within the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries. Presently, citizens of these nations can move across borders without constraints; however, foreign residents still must secure visas. The planned system aims to enable Gulf residents to traverse the region freely, without the requirement of visas. The GCC encompasses Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait, and Qatar. ( Source: Gulfnews )
- July 25, 2023 A new 90 days leisure in country visa option has been introduced for those who are wanting to stay without exit. This option starts with applying new in country leisure visa and then it changed to current tourist or on arrival visa to new leisure visa. These visas are unable to extended. ( Source: Arabiers processing team )
- May 31, 2023 The UAE immigration authorities have abolished the 10-day grace period previously provided to visitors holding prepaid visit visas. Now, prepaid visa holders can only stay for 30 days or 60 days. After completing the specified duration, it is strongly recommended that individuals either go for a visa extension or leave the country to prevent incurring fines for overstaying or facing potential consequences related to absconding. ( Source: Arabiers processing team )
- Febraury 06, 2023 There is a confusion among the visitors between prepaid visa validity extension and in-side extension. The validity period for a 30 or 60-days prepaid visa used to be 60 days within which duration the holder has to enter the UAE or the visa becomes invalid. The Federal Authority for Identity, Nationality, Customs and Ports Security (ICP), has introduced a new service that allows prepaid visa holders to extend this duration for an additional 60 days by paying the necessary fee while being out of UAE. Effective from February 6, 2023, onwards, this will prove helpful for visa holders who can't enter UAE within the set validity period (60 days) due to some unexpected circumstances. It can be extended (only once). More details will be provided as soon as more information is received. ( Source: ICP UAE )
- January 23, 2023 There will be a surcharge of 100 AED per service offered by the UAE ICP in accordance with the latest updates. This charge is applicable for Emirates ID, visitor visas and residents visas, to name a few. ( Source: ICP UAE )
- September 27, 2022 Travellers who have a layover in any UAE airport will be given either a 48-hour or 96-hour transit visa, which cannot be renewed.
- August 20, 2022 Children under 16 years of age travelling to Dubai are not required to take a COVID-19 PCR test before they travel.
- August 13, 2022 The UAE Cabinet has planned to increase the standard stay duration from 30 days to 60 days starting from September. This step, along with many other visa changes, will be implemented to double the time tourists spend in the UAE. ( Source: The National )
- July 19, 2022 PCR tests need to be taken every 14 days to maintain the Green Status in the Al Hosn app, as informed by the National Emergency, Crisis and Disaster Management Authority (NCEMA). ( Source: Gulf News )
- July 09, 2022 The Federal Authority for Government Human Resources announced that the holidays for Eid Al Adha will be from Friday, 8th July to Monday, 11th July. Eid will be celebrated on Saturday, 9th July, and work will resume from Tuesday 12th July. ( Source: The National )
- July 04, 2022 Emirates advises customers to make early reservations as more than 550,000 passengers are anticipated to depart from the UAE during the summer months in June and July. The airline is advising customers to start planning their summer vacations as soon as possible to ensure they can fly on their preferred dates and flights. The airline is reporting increased daily booking volumes. Source: The National
- June 13, 2022 The USA abolishes the requirement of producing a negative PCR test report when foreign travellers are entering the country. Travellers flying from UAE to USA are no more required to face a PCR test before travelling. You can confirm with your airlines at the time of booking. Source: BBC
- May 23, 2022 Highlights of UAE’s updated entry procedures for international travellers: Emirati or GCC Nationals are permitted to enter UAE by showing only their ID cards as announced by National Emergency Crisis and Disasters Management Authority (NCEMA) on April 29, 2022. Fully-vaccinated travellers need to provide a credible vaccination certificate with a QR code proving that they have received the recommended dosage of a WHO-approved vaccine. Unvaccinated travellers need to face a PCR test 48 hours before departure to UAE and show the negative test report(with QR code) at entry into UAE. Travellers below 16 years who haven’t been fully vaccinated are exempted from taking a PCR test upon arrival but must strictly adhere to all COVID measures laid out in UAE. Travellers who are exempted from a PCR test or possessing a vaccination certificate are kids younger than 12 years, travellers with disabilities or physically challenged. Source: Gulf News
- April 18, 2022 Any unvaccinated travellers applying for a visa extension after the 19th of April 2022 must undergo a PCR test within 48 hours before departure and get the green status on Al Hosn app by completing all forms. This is not applicable for travellers younger than 16 years. Source: National Crisis and Emergency Management Authority
- April 05, 2022 India’s Ministry of Health and Family Welfare(MoHFW) announced on 31st March 2022 that fully vaccinated UAE passengers travelling to India will be exempted from taking a pre-departure PCR test. Travellers must complete the Air Suvidha Self declaration form and upload their vaccine certificate that was issued by a government body. Non-vaccinated travellers will have to submit their negative PCR test report taken within 72 hours before departure along with the form. This is not applicable to children below 5 years of age. Airlines will only allow passengers with the completed Air Suvidha self-declaration form to board. All travellers are urged to download India’s official COVID-19 contact-tracing app, Arogya Setu. Source: Gulf News
- March 11, 2022 The Abu Dhabi International Airport announced that PCR tests upon arrival have been made optional for all travellers. However, the PCR testing facilities are still available at Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 for travellers who wish to activate the green status on their Al Hosn app. The green status is compulsory to enter commercial areas, tourist sites, public places and other locations in Abu Dhabi. Source: Gulf News
- January 03, 2022 Visitors to Abu Dhabi from UK who intended to travel back or extend the stays urged to check this update, the United Kingdom has been removed from Abu Dhabi's green list of travel destinations. Unvaccinated passengers from the United Kingdom will be required to quarantine in a residence or hotel for ten days upon arrival in Abu Dhabi. Passengers from non-green list countries who have been vaccinated are tested upon arrival and again six days afterwards. It is not necessary for them to quarantine. The test-on-arrival at Abu Dhabi International Airport is free, and the day-six test is also free at any Seha clinic. This change will be effective from January 3rd 2022 onwards. ( Source: The National )
- December 29, 2021 Those who are on a tourist visa in Abu Dhabi urged to see this new update if plans to leave & come for visa change. For the month of December 2021, Abu Dhabi's Department of Culture and Tourism (DCT) Green List of countries, regions, and territories has been updated to accommodate only 73 countries from the previous 95 and has been into effect from Sunday, December 26, 2021. After arrival in Abu Dhabi, all passengers arriving from the amended 'Green List' destinations will be exempt from necessary quarantine measures. The 'Green List' of countries in Abu Dhabi is a collection of overseas territories believed to pose little risk of spreading Covid-19 into the emirate. Travellers must show a negative Covid-19 PCR test result that is valid for up to 48 hours prior to departure. Upon arrival at Abu Dhabi International Airport, passengers will be required to take another PCR test. On Day 6, vaccinated travellers on the new 'Green List' would undergo a second PCR test. Unvaccinated travellers flying from countries on the 'Green List' are obliged to take PCR tests on Days 6 and 9. Source: Gulf News
- November 27, 2021 Flights originating from Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa and Zimbabwe will be suspended from Monday(29) November onwards to prevent the spread of the new COVID-19 variants. The announcement was made by the General Civil Aviation Authority, the Supreme Council for National Security and the National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority. This suspension does not affect any flights flying from the UAE to any of the above-mentioned countries. Source: Gulf News
- September 19, 2021 If you have lengthened your stay in UAE by extending your visa, you can now travel to and from Abu Dhabi without worrying about facing a COVID19 PCR test which was previously compulsory. This rule was eliminated and is effective from 19 September, 2021. From 2 July, 2020 anyone entering Abu Dhabi by road was required to show the police at the Abu Dhabi entry points a negative COVID19 PCR test certificate. Although a PCR test is no longer required to enter Abu Dhabi from Dubai, it is still important to have the “green status” in their Al Hosn App to be allowed entry into public places. ( Source: The National )
- April 25, 2021 As of April 25th 2021 Abu Dhabi has permitted travel for individuals from countries permitted in their green list. If your nationality falls under the green list, you can enter Abu Dhabi with your on arrival facility. If you are EU national and have used up your allocated 90 day on arrival stay duration and wish to revisit Abu Dhabi again, we can assist you by applying for a pre-arranged visa Check Green list
- Febraury 28, 2021 Travellers holding expired 30 day and 90 day visas will get an automatic visa extension until March 31, stated a source from the GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs). This decision was brought about due to lockdowns and travel restrictions imposed in numerous countries due to the new strain of COVID19 virus. Further details, how it works & procedures yet to be confirmed by the authorities ( Source: Khaleejtimes )
- Febraury 24, 2021 There is a new update released by the gov.uk website about the visa fine waiver for UK visitors stranded in Dubai. The update mentions that the GDRFA (The Director General of Dubai Immigration) has renounced the charging of any administrative fines until March 31, 2021 for visitors stranded in Dubai due to flight restrictions and have overstayed their permitted stay duration. Specific details about this update have not been confirmed by the UAE immigration. ( Source:Gov.uk )
- February 12, 2021 While checking travelers visa expiry dates we notice certain travelers granted free stay until first week of March 2021. Further information and specifics yet to be confirmed by UAE immigration
- January 29, 2021 British travellers stay will be extended without any cost. This decision was bought about after UK imposed a travel ban for travellers from UAE which takes effect from Friday, 29 January. All flights that were scheduled after 1 pm UK time will not be operating. ( Source:Gulf News )
- January 07, 2021 Tourists currently in UAE holding tourist & on arrival visas that were expired between December 19, 2020 and January15, 2021 are permitted to stay in the country until the 26th of January,2021 as permitted by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) Source: Khaleej Time
- December 28, 2020 Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) announces a complementary one-month extension for UAE tourist visas . He also stated that this extension is valid for all nationalities as a token of help for those who are stranded and unable to fly back to their homelands due to the discovery of a new Corona variant. Source: The National
- November 17, 2020 UAE ordered a fine waiver program, this order is applicable for individuals who have been illegally overstaying in UAE after their visit, residency or tourist visa expired before March 1 2020 Source: Gulf Times
- September 11, 2020 UAE’s Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) confirmed that the grace period given on Tuesday 11th August 2020, will end on Thursday 10th September 2020. Visitors must exit the country or change their visa status to avoid being fined whilst exiting the country or extending their stay. The fine is 200 AED for the first day and 100 AED per subsequent day from Thursday 10th September 2020. Source: Khaleej Times
- August 26, 2020 The end of the deadline for individuals holding expired UAE tourist on arrival visas is nearing. Friday 11 th September 2020 is the final date for expired tourist visa holders to exit UAE. This should not be confused with the deadline for expired residence visa holders who have until Tuesday 17 th November 2020. Officially it is approved for visitors to stay fine-free until Friday 11 th September 2020. Visitors need to exit UAE or do a visa change to stay in the country legally. ( Source: Gulf News )
- August 10, 2020 The ICA (Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship) had given a deadline until Tuesday 11 th August 2020 for those stuck in UAE because of grounded flights to exit the country. The ICA stated on Monday 10 th August 2020 that this grace period will be extended for an additional 30 days, until Friday 11 th September 2020. Any individual who has been stranded in the country from March should leave before this date or pay the overstay fines. Source: Khaleej Times
- July 17, 2020 The Federal Authority for identity and Citizenship (FAIC) stated on Thursday that expired Visit visa holders are requested to exit UAE before Tuesday 11 th August 2020 or apply for a one month grace period. Source: Gulf news
- July 13, 2020 Tourists staying in UAE with visas expired after Sunday 1 st March 2020 are given a one month grace period to exit the country or apply for a visa status change. This was announced by the Federal Authority for identity and Citizenship (FAIC) on Monday so as these individuals won't have to face the charges of overstaying fines. Source: Khaleej time
- July 12, 2020 Individuals holding a UAE tourist visa are kindly requested to exit the country within one month starting from 12 th July to prevent incurring any fines. This was stated by Brig Al Kabi. Source: Gulf News
- July 11, 2020 From 11 th July 2020 the grace period for visas and entry permits will depend solely on a rigorous schedule put forward by the ICA. ( Source: Khaleej Times )
- July 10, 2020 The statement that visa and entry permit validity granted from 1 st March ,2020 until 31 st December for individuals inside the country has been cancelled. This cancellation will be effective from 11, th July 2020 onwards. ( Source: Gulf News )
- May 25, 2020 If the individual’s residence permits or entry permits expired before 1 st March 2020, they are given time until 18 th August 2020 to leave the UAE without any fines. Holders of entry permits (tourist visa or on arrival) residence visas that have expired after 1 st March 2020 are granted a grace period until 31 st December 2020 to leave UAE without incurring any fines. This rule is exempted for individuals holding cancelled UAE Residence visas and new born babies. Source: Gulf News & ICA (Federal Authourity for identity and citizenship
- May 14, 2020 As per orders of UAE president, his Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, anyone who holds a UAE entry permits that was expired before 1 st March 2020, is exempt from paying any overstay fines. These individuals will be given a 3 month grace period starting from 18 th May 2020 to exit the country. The fines are exempt for both entry visas and residency visas. Source: Khaleej Times
- April 14, 2020 According to UAE Brigadier General Al Khabi: visitors who are still in the United Arab Emirates despite their tourist visas expiring before March 2020 , will get their visa validity extended until 31 st December 2020. Source: Khaleej Time
- April 7, 2020 General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA), Dubai has clarified visitors concerns and it announced a fine exemption time frame is declared from 1 st March until end of May 2020. ( Source: Khaleej Time)
- April 1, 2020 UAE General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) decided to exempt fines for coming 3 months for all type of UAE Residency - Residence permit holders, & tourist permit holders. Source: Gulf News
- April 2, 2020 Emirates got permission to operate flights with a limited number of passengers, it's aim to fly out & fly in to help the residents or visitors who wish to return to their home countries. Source: Gulf News
- March 24, 2020 UAE tourist entry holders waiting for good news about the government visa extension announcement . On 23 rd March 2020 due to the suspension of all flights arrival and departure from UAE airports, it's expected they will be given a chance to extend the visas at a minimum fee to extend their stay in UAE without overstaying fines. Further updates will be announced within the next couple of days. ( Source: Khaleej Times)
- March 19, 2020 UAE has made a decision to suspend entry for all new entry permit holders including the permit processed before 17th March as a preventive measure against the COVID-19 pandemic. The entry of individuals holding tourist entry permit or resident entry permits have been suspended until further notice. Although the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC) stated that the ban on permit processing won't affect the permits issued before the 17th March, the organization had requested local and international airliners to not carry any passengers holding UAE entry permits. ( Source: Khaleej Times)
- March 12, 2020 Oman has halted the processing of all entry permits as a precautionary measure against COVID-19. Starting from the 15th March 2020, this decision will be upheld for a month and updated according to the current information about the pandemic. Due to this decision, any prepaid entry holders wanting to get an extension for their UAE permit have to rule out the airport to airport visa change option and the UAE visa change by bus option because both of these procedures require the visa holder to fly or drive out of UAE into Oman territory. Additionally, the Sultanate of Oman has also decided to stop the entry of cruise liners into the country. Other precautionary measures include banning of shisha in restaurants, reduction of court sessions and postponing all non-class student programs. ( Source: Gulfnews)
- March 10, 2020 Numerous flights cancelled due to the Corona virus outbreak. Roughly 60 to 80 percent of travellers have cancelled or postponed their bookings as per various travel agents in the UAE. This is due to the many travel restrictions imposed by many countries and airliners as a precautionary measure against Corona virus. Most cancellations have been made to Middle Eastern countries such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Bahrain. As UAE's ministry of health has been advising to postpone any form of unnecessary travel, many Indian expats are not bringing their families on visit visas for the school holidays. The Ministry of Education has also announced that any students traveling from foreign countries will have to face thorough screening procedures and face quarantine before being sent home. ( Source: The national)
- March 13, 2020 The Indian consulate has requested all Indian expats in UAE to postpone their trips to their home land until further notice. The Indian authorities have decided to quarantine all travellers upon arrival to limit the spread of the Corona virus. Thus, any leisure travel plans are requested to be postponed until a positive update. ( Source: Gulf News )
- March 13, 2020 Due to the travel restrictions, UAE prepaid entry permit holders who want to extend their UAE entry permits must do so by the only procedure that is currently available, the no exit extension procedure. On-arrival permit holders are now given no exit entry permit change option as a special measure until all travel bans have been lifted. That means on-arrival visa holders can stay in UAE and apply for a new UAE entry permit if they want to extend their stay and don't have to return to their home country. Source: Gulf News
Frequently Asked Questions
My brother is in uae on a tourist visa and is currently staying on his grace period. will he be subject to overstay fines if he continues to stay here.
Before the grace period ending he must exit the country or legalize his stay. If not, he will be subject to paying Overstsying violation fines.
My tourist visa will expire at the end of this month. I am eager to know how I can renew it as I don't want to pay any overstay fines.
You can contact Arabiers team for more information.
I am in UAE, and I'm planning to stay for an additional 2 months. Will I be able to do it?
Yes, get in touch with the Arabiers team.
According to the new rule, can my mother, who is on a 60-day visa, get a 5-year visa without exit?
So far, there are no such announcements made. Just like you, we are also waiting for updates and details from the government. Now and then, check our 5 years tourist visa page for recent updates on the topic.
What is a visa change air ticket?
A visa change air ticket is a special ticket that includes a visa stamp which allows the ticket holder to fly to any nearby Middle Eastern country without an entry visa to that specific country. This ticket is allowed due to a special agreement between us and the airline.
Are there any additional deposits required for this process?
This depends on your nationality. Contact us to know more about it.
Can I fly back to my country and revisit UAE?
Yes, that is possible too, if you don’t prefer any of the visa extension methods mentioned above. We can assist you & get your new visa within 8-24 hours after you have exited UAE. Apart from this option being costly, the other disadvantage is that you need to book a return ticket to your country as well if you exit to your country or any other country.
How can I pay my overstay fine?
You can make the payment at the immigration counter in the airport while you exit on your current visa or you can seek our assistance to do
What are the fines for overstaying?
If you are overstaying with any type of visa, you will be charged 50 AED per day with the new rule came into place on October 2022
What happens if immigration rejects my extension application when I do airport to airport visa change?
If such a situation arises while you are in Dubai or Sharjah Airport, immediately book a flight to your home country and exit the airport. Booking flight ticket cost must be paid by you.
What is included in the airport-to-airport visa extension package?
UAE visa processing charge, VAT, service charge and a return flight ticket.
Do US citizens need a visa for Dubai?
If you are coming for a short holiday, you do not need one upfront. In any UAE airport on arrival, you get a free visa valid for 30 days, with 10 days grace period. You are also given the chance to extend your stay in multiple ways. But If you are planning to stay more than 30 days, it is better to get a 60-day prepaid visa through us at the cost of 690 AED.
How about a Dubai visa for US green card holders?
So far, Indian nationals holding a US Green card (valid green card) are given an on-arrival facility with the fee (100 AED & 20 AED Service fee), and if you are planning to stay more than 14 or 30 days, it is better to get prepaid ones.
How does a Dubai tourist visa renewal after expiry work?
Even if you overstay, UAE immigration allows you to extend your stay in UAE by paying the fines.A daily fine of 50 AED to be paid while exiting the country on the boarder or Airport
I've obtained my 60 days UAE visa through Air Arabia. Shall I extend with a local tour operator?
The visitor's obtaining visas through Etihad Airways, Emirates Airline, Fly Dubai & Air Arabia must contact the respective Airlines to extend their visas. If you would like to get a new visa, you can contact us.
I couldn't fly back to my home country. What are the options now to legalize my stay?
Unfortunately, exit is must now, unless you are one of the 30 days on arrival national (get 30 days extension without exit)
Is the Oman visa run open now?
Yes, it's open, and we operate 2 trips every week for 30 days on arrival nationals
Due to my residence permit process, I am overstaying my current tourist visa permit. What will happen to me?
If you can't complete your residence permit process (until status change - from tourist to residence), you are liable to pay daily fines. On the other hand, we facilitated the visa, and we will be responsible and our permission to issue new visas will be suspended. To clear that, we will file an escape application with the government applied fee, So that you will be absconded and your residence visa application and exit will be denied until you clear the fines and the absconding. If your employer does not understand your agreement with us, go ahead and extend your stay or exit the country and then wait for your residence permit.
Do GCC residents get free visas on arrival and do not need to extend them?
From April 29, 2016, GCC resident permit holders must apply for a UAE visa before entering into the UAE.
Do US citizens need a visa for Oman?
No, its on arrival
Can US citizens travel to Dubai right now?
yes, all restrictions are lifted
- Get information about visa expiry
- Assistance in visa change
- Assistance in Oman visa run
*All The Week - 7.30 am to 1.00 am
- Latest News
- Sultan Al Neyadi
- Reader Queries
- Banking & Insurance
- Dubai Airshow
- Corporate Tax
- Travel & Tourism
- Corporate News
- Home and Kitchen
- Saving and Investment
- Budget Living
- Expert Columns
- Community Tips
- Cooking and Cuisines
- Guide to Cooking
- Art & People
- Friday Partner
- Daily Crossword
- Word Search
- Australia-New Zealand
- From the Editors
- Special Reports
- Pregnancy & Baby
- Learning & Play
- Child Health
- For Mums & Dads
- UAE Success Stories
- Live the Luxury
- Culture and History
- Staying Connected
- Live Scores
- Point Table
- Top Scorers
- Photos & Videos
- Course Reviews
- Learn to Play
- South Indian
- Arab Celebs
- Gitex Global 2023
- Best Of Bollywood
- Special Features
- Know Plan Go
- Gratuity Calculator
- Prayer Times
- Cinema Listing
EU to digitalise Schengen Visa: UAE residents can soon apply online
Living in uae.
EU to end consulate visits, scrap visa stickers, making process quicker and affordable.
Also in this package
- How Zoom calls influence our brain activity, making interactions duller
- Free entry: Everything about the family friendly ‘Abu Dhabi Moments’ festival
- UAE: New end-of-service benefits scheme – what happens if an employer fails to pay the subscription fee?
- Free bikes for Dubai Ride participants – here’s how to get one
- New ticket machines at Dubai Parks: Use your phone to pay for entry fee
- How to raise a complaint with a district cooling company in Dubai
Dubai: You will soon be able to apply for your Schengen visa entirely online through a visa application platform, according to new rules adopted by the Council of the European Union (EU) on Monday, November 13 .
The digitalisation of the visa process will scrap visa stickers on passports, which means no more appointments at consulates or service providers’ offices.
Spain’s Interior Minister, Fernando Grande-Marlaska, whose country currently holds the presidency of the Council, stated that the online visa system will “simplify the application process for travellers, at the same time, will ease the burden on national administrations, which will be able to respond more quickly and effectively”.
- Schengen Visa: UAE residents travelling to EU may not need visa stamps on passports, soon
- Dubai: How citizens of Schengen countries can use online visa calculator to avoid overstaying in UAE
While there are over 61 non-EU countries which have a visa-free regime with the EU, citizens of other countries are required to apply for a Schengen visa . If you are not eligible for visa-free travel within the Schengen zone, here are how the new changes will affect you.
Three major updates to the Schengen Visa
1. now apply for your visa entirely online.
According to a statement issued by the Council of the EU, a new EU visa application platform will be developed, and applications for Schengen visas will be made through that platform.
On the platform, visa applicants will be able to enter all the relevant data, upload digital copies of their travel documents and supporting documents, and pay their visa fees.
2. No more visits to consulates or visa service providers, except for first-time applicants
As per the latest regulations, in-person appearances at consulates will become redundant.
In-person appearances will only be necessary for first-time applicants, individuals whose biometric data are no longer valid and people with a new travel document.
3. No visa sticker on passport
Visa stickers will no longer be placed on applicants’ passports. The visas will now be issued in a digital format, as a 2D barcode, cryptographically signed. This will reduce security risks related to counterfeit and stolen visa stickers, according to the Council of the EU.
When will the new changes come into effect?
As per the announcement, once the regulations are signed, “it will be published in the Official Journal of the European Union and will enter into force on the twentieth day after publication.
“The date of application of the new rules will be decided when technical work on the visa platform and the digital visa has been concluded.”
- Visa + Immigration
- Telephone + Internet
- Safety + Security
- Taqdeer Award
Schengen Visa: UAE residents can soon apply online
Explained: Fines, penalties for new gratuity scheme
Last public holiday of the year: When will it be?
Unfair salary deduction? Here's how you can complain
16 free, paid voice calling apps in the UAE
7 ways to legally earn a side income in the UAE
Get Breaking News Alerts From Gulf News
We’ll send you latest news updates through the day. You can manage them any time by clicking on the notification icon.
This section is about Living in UAE and essential information you cannot live without.
Register to read and get full access to gulfnews.com
Welcome to a sun-soaked metropolis like no other
Plan your dream wedding in an unforgettable destination
Discover the city's insiders, influencers and innovators
Every district in Dubai tells its own unique story
Admire the city's traditional arts, crafts and cultural gems
Get more out of your holiday with these guides
Escape to the hills and explore nature
Answer the call of the wild and experience desert thrills
Uncover the city’s rich heritage and vibrant arts scene
Embark on thrilling new adventures for all ages
Taste award-winning world flavours and local cuisine
Visit the latest hotspots, openings and attractions
Find new surprises at modern malls and traditional souks
Marvel at record-breaking venues and iconic landmarks
Unwind at Dubai's luxury spas and wellbeing havens
What do you travel for? Find inspiration with our itineraries
Book a table at these fresh hotspots
Taste a deliciously different side of Dubai
Discover our homegrown culinary heroes
See all the restaurants unveiled in the Dubai selection
Weekends in Dubai are for feasting
Explore Dubai's plant-based concepts that impress
Reserve a table at top restaurants for incredible prices
Browse through our listing of restaurants
Don't miss a beat – live concerts, festivals, activities and more
Get active with 30 minutes of exercise for 30 days
Shop, win and celebrate with incredible deals and prizes
Celebrate Diwali with extravagant experiences, sales and fireworks
From etiquette to currency, we answer all your questions
Use our tool to find flight tickets to Dubai and plan your trip to the city
From take-off to touchdown, navigating Dubai is a breeze
Your complete guide to enjoying one of the world's safest cities to the fullest
Find out all about Dubai’s climate throughout the year with our weather guide
Dubai has an incredible range of stay options for every budget
Unlock huge savings with pre-paid access to top spots
Plan ahead for a hassle-free travel experience
All you need to know about the dirham, from exchange rates to helpful tips
Helpful information for travellers with special needs
Save big with great offers on Dubai's top sights and activities
Indulge in retail therapy for less with big discounts
Enjoy a trip to Dubai with incredible accommodation offers
Enjoy a musical night out with the divas at the Coca-Cola Arena
See champions steer F50 boats during this international meet at Mina Rashid
Attend the region's coolest lifestyle and street-culture festival
Get tickets for a captivating concert at The Sevens Stadium
Catch the Dubai edition of one of the world's largest electronic music festivals
Sign up for kid-friendly activities or attend a live show with the entire family
Get tickets to the best concerts featuring A-list artists at world-class venues
Join Dubai's community sporting activities and race to the finish line
Add items to your Top Picks by clicking the heart icon as you navigate through the website
This is now in your Top Picks!
Login or create an account to save your favourites and receive personalised recommendations.
Login to like
Sign in or register to like this content
- Visit Dubai
Frequently asked questions
Explore frequently asked questions about visiting Dubai, including guidelines around the current Covid-19 rules and precautions.
What are people from Dubai called?
What can you do in Dubai?
What is Dubai famous for?
What language do they speak in Dubai?
What was the original name of Dubai?
Why do people love Dubai?
Why do people move to Dubai?
Geography and History
Is Dubai a city or a country?
What are the historical origins of Dubai?
What is the difference between Dubai and the United Arab Emirates?
Where is Dubai and in which country is it located?
Cost of Living and Expenses
What can you buy for AED 1 in Dubai?
Is Dubai cheap or expensive?
Is gold cheaper in Dubai than elsewhere in the world?
What is the cost of living in Dubai?
What salary do I need to live well in Dubai?
Life in Dubai
Are public displays of affection allowed in Dubai?
Can I drink alcohol in Dubai?
Can I wear shorts in Dubai?
Do women in Dubai have to wear a headscarf?
Can I swim in the sea in Dubai?
Can I tan in Dubai?
Can I live in Dubai?
Do people pay tax in Dubai?
Is Dubai dog-friendly?
What can women wear in Dubai?
What is the sea like in Dubai?
Where are the public beaches in Dubai?
Are women in Dubai restricted in any way?
Is there anything prohibited in Dubai?
Ramadan in Dubai
What are the rules during Ramadan?
Are restaurants closed in Dubai during Ramadan?
Can I visit Dubai during Ramadan?
Do people give gifts during Ramadan?
How is Ramadan observed in Dubai?
Is Ramadan a good time to visit Dubai?
What are traditions of Ramadan In Dubai?
What do you do on the first day of Ramadan?
What food is eaten during Ramadan?
What is Ramadan and when is it celebrated?
Why do Muslims fast during Ramadan?
Why do the dates of Ramadan change every year?
What should you wear during Ramadan?
Do hotels operate normally during Ramadan?
What are the rules for eating, drinking and smoking during Ramadan fasting hours?
Can you go to the beach and dine at restaurants during Ramadan?
Travel and Budget
What do I need to bring when visiting Dubai?
How can I spend a week in Dubai?
Can I pay with euros in Dubai?
How much do I need to spend for a honeymoon in Dubai?
How much does a taxi cost in Dubai?
Is Dubai expensive as a holiday destination
What is the cheapest month to visit Dubai?
What should my budget be for a week's holiday in Dubai?
Where can I take the metro in Dubai?
What is the official language in Dubai?
How do you say "hello" in Dubai?
What languages are spoken in Dubai?
Does Dubai get cold at night?
Does Dubai have four seasons?
Does it snow in Dubai?
What is a good climate for a visit to Dubai?
What is the coldest month in Dubai?
What type of climate does Dubai have?
When is it cold in Dubai?
Safety in Dubai
How safe is Dubai for women?
Is anything prohibited in Dubai?
Is Dubai safe?
Is it safe to walk around at night in Dubai?
What items are not allowed in Dubai Airports?
Visit Dubai App
What can I use the app for?
Do I need to go online to use the app?
Do you have both Android and iOS versions of the app?
I cannot remember my login details. What should I do?
What do I do if a place in the app is now closed or the information is wrong?
What happens to my personal data?
Which languages is the app available in?